The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!

Go down 
+7
_Meta_
kkrambo
bdwright77
Re-volution
frankthetoad
AlphaShepherd
TyrantII
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:04 am

frankthetoad wrote:
Synopsis?
Whiny hipster is worried that Dark Souls II is selling out.  Continues whining for ten f'in' minutes with examples of other sell outs.

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 1anp
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:34 am

Lolers.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 8:12 am

Jim Sterling is a Hipster?

Basically the publisher it trying to AAA Darksouls and gambling A LOT of money on it. He’s pointing out how these publishers never learn, and how it’ll probably just ruin what was so unique and fun about Dks/Des.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 8:31 am

Well, he's worried that they might ruin something by making it appeal to a larger audience. And he is wearing a bowler hat.

I couldn't stand to listen to the whole thing. I didn't hear any concrete examples of changes that they are making that will ruin the game. It's just ten minutes of whiny hand wringing.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 8:42 am

What's wrong with a developer trying to cash in on a success? Something tells me the core staples of the "series" will remain- very costly deaths, oppressive atmosphere, broken but intriguing MP....
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 12:46 pm

I don’t know. Survival Horror (which is what DS is at it’s core) and Horror are smaller genres. And there’s not really a good track record of publishers actually getting them to appeal to larger audiences. When they have tried, we got things like RE4/5, SH Homecoming, and Deadspace 3 (haven’t tried the last one).

There are a lot of examples of trying to do so and ruining franchises and running them into the ground. I’m thinking along the lines of KZ3 trying to be like COD and failing not only to get COD kids to cross over, but losing their core fans as well.

I’d hope they don’t feel the pressure that comes with AAA moneybags and AAA marketing budgets. The comment by Namco Bandai about shooting in the dark / rolling the dice doesn’t instill confidence.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:25 pm

Everything is bon
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:34 pm

hope so

Crying or Very sad 

Just don't want another favorite franchise flushed away chasing things it will never be.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:40 pm

Stop being such a negative Nancy.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 9:00 pm

Quote :
ark Souls II will be arriving in North America on March 11, 2014, with a European release date three days later on March 14.

The two dates reflect the launch of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game, with PC release to come “shortly after the console versions.”

Hands on preview:
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/tgs-dying-sucks-more-than-ever-in-dark-souls-ii

Quote :
But a fair number of gamers decided they actually like exploring the world of Souls in their undead form, as it allows them certain perks not available to the living. The most significant of these is that an undead player's world can't be invaded by other players -- which means they're safe from game-hacking jerks, among other things.

Far be it for From Soft to offer an experience anyone might characterize as "friendly" or "easy." They've seen your habits, and they scorn your decision to take advantage of this means of making their creation slightly less hostile. That's why for Dark Souls II they've decided to make the undead state hugely disadvantageous. Because if you're a big baby, they have no sympathy for you.

The longer you play in an undead state, the more your character's appearance degenerates. Bad enough that your skin turns green and your face becomes ugly; over time, though, your hair falls out -- and according to director Yui Taimura, even worse things than that can happen as well. One of those things is that, if you re-die repeatedly in an undead state, your character's maximum health will steadily degrade.

Also -- and this news freaked out some of the Dark Souls fanatics in attendance at our Tokyo Game Show demo session yesterday -- undead games can now be invaded by other players. So it's just as disadvantageous as playing the normal style adventure, except now you'll potentially have less health. Have fun!

Undead players can summon friends to help pass difficult areas using an item called White Sign Soapstone. Summons now are limited by time, with smaller pieces of soapstone resulting in briefer duration for aid.

Dedicated servers are also back, and it sounds like they might have fleshed out the covenant systems finally.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 9:26 pm

TNitaliano is offline.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Razz 
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 9:14 am

It looks cool but I don't have a lot of interest in Dark Souls 2. I imagine that on top of difficult NPCs, you will be constantly invaded by griefers. No Thanks.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 9:48 am

I guess it depends if they thought out the designs better this time around.  Their open world, glitches, and not following through on design screwed up DkS1.

Apparently Covenants act more like clans and if invaded it automatically will pull in people to help you ward off an invader; which might be crucial.  Outside of covenants not much is known besides the soapstone having a time limit for friendlies to be in your world.  With a clock running, I'd hope they allow 3-4.

No word on next gen but it is coming to PC.  I'd imagine a next Gen version would pop up in late winter / spring.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:27 pm

Went to Amazon, you can preorder DSII but the Collector's Edition is not available. You guys hear of when they plan to release it?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 2:04 pm

March 11, 2014. No word on next gen.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 2:25 pm

Re-volution wrote:
Went to Amazon, you can preorder DSII but the Collector's Edition is not available.  You guys hear of when they plan to release it?
frankthetoad wrote:
March 11, 2014.  No word on next gen.
That is the game release date. Maybe I was unclear, I am trying to pre-order the DS2 Collector's edition. But I can only find the standard game being offered right now for pre-order.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 2:30 pm

Ah. No idea.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 3:05 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
Ah.  No idea.
If you don't know, and Benny don't know. Well...What a Face 
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 4:17 pm

Re-volution wrote:
Went to Amazon, you can preorder DSII but the Collector's Edition is not available.  You guys hear of when they plan to release it?
http://collectorsedition.org/18099/dark-souls-ii-collectors-edition-black-armour-edition-available-to-pre-order

I'd say next few days?
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 8:13 am

TyrantII wrote:
Re-volution wrote:
http://collectorsedition.org/18099/dark-souls-ii-collectors-edition-black-armour-edition-available-to-pre-order

I'd say next few days?
It is up at Amazon now! Just search for Dark Souls 2 and the option to get; Standard $59, Collector's $119 or Black Armor Edition $59 are all on the same page.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-II-Playstation-3/dp/B006YDPU48/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1379682535&sr=1-1&keywords=dark+souls+2

I thought $119 was about $10 too high but I went for it What a Face 
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:06 am

I can't, in good conscience, buy a game for the PS3 when the PS4 will have been out for a full quarter. If there's a gaming drought on the PS4 in March, I'll definitely pick it up...otherwise I'll be waiting with a wellspring of hope that they release this on the PS4.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 10:47 am

Meh. Good games are good games IMO. You wouldn't ditch your PSV because PS4 is out, right?

Next gen I'm going to be much more picky, I think to, keep my backlog smaller. There's quite a few this go round I bought as impluses and should have never bothered with, let alone finished to 100%.

Sad thing is all of Sonys launch games look really good, and appear to be getting polished up nicely now. BF4 is a must buy. COD, never, and I think I've fallen out of love with Watchdogs so probably skipping that.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 1:04 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
I can't, in good conscience, buy a game for the PS3 when the PS4 will have been out for a full quarter.    If there's a gaming drought on the PS4 in March, I'll definitely pick it up...otherwise I'll be waiting with a wellspring of hope that they release this on the PS4.
I can not believe you just said that Shocked Shocked Shocked 
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 3:15 pm

TyrantII wrote:
Meh.  Good games are good games IMO.  You wouldn't ditch your PSV because PS4 is out, right?
You can't have it both ways, guy. I think my reason for not wanting to buy a March 2014 release of a PS3 game makes more sense than your refusal to buy a great PS3 game (GTA V) before the PS4 is even out.... You can have it or eat it....you choose. Smile

Re-volution wrote:
frankthetoad wrote:
I can't, in good conscience, buy a game for the PS3 when the PS4 will have been out for a full quarter.    If there's a gaming drought on the PS4 in March, I'll definitely pick it up...otherwise I'll be waiting with a wellspring of hope that they release this on the PS4.
I can not believe you just said that Shocked Shocked Shocked 
Rev, I'll be dying to play this game, but know myself too well. That shiny new ball (PS4) will be so stuck in my gaming routine that I'll probably never play another game on the PS3 again. It's just the way I am.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next