HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:59 am

Shhh... you'll draw his attention over here and I only have one Estus flask...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:02 pm

It's fantastic. Having the ability to warp right off the bat is great and really conducive to exploring.  having all the additional equip slots (4 rings! 3 weapon/shield slots per hand) is very useful.  The hud has an indicator of the next item in rotation on the lower corner so you don't have to guess what you're switching to.

The areas are huge, and there are so many shortcuts and pathways and secret areas already. I haven't gotten a single spell and I don't have a single attunement slot, so I can't speak to the magic, but the weapon system is largely in tact as it was before. An interesting thing: you can remove the magic ability of a weapon now without losing the reinforcement level. You can also reapply soul levels to a specific attribute, though I don't know how the item works exactly.

So much and more that I haven't done and don't understand, but that's the fun of this game. It looks great too, but I could care less about the graphics a lot of the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:51 pm

Not that anyone on the forum is reading this, but I just reached rank 3 in my current covenant (Bell Keepers). There's an area in the game that will call upon covenant members to invade a player's world if they're attempting to beat the boss (or ring the bell). To reach rank 3, you have to successfully invade and defeat 100 players. You get a titanite chunk for each player you defeat along with other goodies for ranking up.

Fun as hell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:06 pm

I'm still planning on getting this. Just not sure when. I guess I'm still hoping for a PS4 release announcement, but I doubt that's in the works. Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Machines
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:59 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
I'm still planning on getting this.  Just not sure when.  I guess I'm still hoping for a PS4 release announcement, but I doubt that's in the works.  Sad

I still think it's going to happen. I'm gonna say holiday. That's a guess. Maybe by then I'll be through my backlog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Re-volution
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:20 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
I'm still planning on getting this.  Just not sure when.  I guess I'm still hoping for a PS4 release announcement, but I doubt that's in the works.  Sad

Machines wrote:
frankthetoad wrote:

I still think it's going to happen. I'm gonna say holiday. That's a guess. Maybe by then I'll be through my backlog.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you

Loser #1 & Loser #2

lol! 

Keep wishing boys. Best game EVAR
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:09 pm

I'm probably picking it up sometime this week. I know the PC version is about to drop, so I'll probably wait until after that. If they're going to announce a PS4 version, it will be right after the PC version hits the shelf. At least that's my guess.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:12 am

Toad, are you playing Stranger's Wrath HD?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:02 am

I love this game, yet it does have some flaws that take away from the experience. Alpha and I both agreed that the boss soul weapons in this game are really lacking in the "awe" factor. Nothing stands out as a must have weapon. I also miss the more convoluted upgrade system. It was really difficult to get and upgrade certain weapons in the previous games, but it's made much, much simpler in DS2. There is only titanite, twinkling titanite, and then a one time use infusion stone to add an effect to a weapon. Boss battles aren't quite as terrifying as they were in older games, but that may just be because I've cooped nearly all of them (and I'm only about 70% through the game).

On the other hand, online play, covenants, and magic are all much more fleshed out and really well done.

A great game, even if slightly different from the rest in some respects.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Re-volution
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:19 pm

bdwright77 wrote:
I love this game, yet it does have some flaws that take away from the experience. Alpha and I both agreed that the boss soul weapons in this game are really lacking in the "awe" factor. Nothing stands out as a must have weapon. I also miss the more convoluted upgrade system. It was really difficult to get and upgrade certain weapons in the previous games, but it's made much, much simpler in DS2. There is only titanite, twinkling titanite, and then a one time use infusion stone to add an effect to a weapon. Boss battles aren't quite as terrifying as they were in older games, but that may just be because I've cooped nearly all of them (and I'm only about 70% through the game).

On the other hand, online play, covenants, and magic are all much more fleshed out and really well done.

A great game, even if slightly different from the rest in some respects.

I like the upgrade system, who wants to constantly reference a book (because you have to for most other things) just to figure out if you are taking the correct path and worrying about 86'ing some other way to make my weapon better.  I like the fact that you just go to a +10 with Titanite and then you slap on an infusion stone (fire, poision...) if you don't like it you get rid of it and slap on a new infusion.  In other words you didn't waste umpteen shards, chunks or slabs in the process.  Two thumbs up here.

There is two Boss weapons I want.  

http://www.ign.com/wikis/dark-souls-2/Curved_Dragon_Greatsword

http://www.ign.com/wikis/dark-souls-2/Bow_of_Want

And all of the bosses in all the DS series were "easy" when you have 3 people.  Also, don't forget we know how to play them now.  I mean we have Fatty McFATFAT with the red eye ring on while I range attack and you slice and dice their backside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Machines
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm

Benny likes their backside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:07 pm

I bought this today. Prepare to be moderated.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:17 am

Summoned a shade in Lost Bastille to fight the three Ruin Sentinels. The shade and the NPC summon were all I had. I knew the shade wouldn't last long, even though we were pretty efficient getting to the fog. The shade's time hadn't expired, we'd taken down two of the three, NPC summon eats it, nearly have the third one down, and the shade's time expired.

All I had were a few soul arrows left (I'd used up my other two spells) and the dude killed me with only a sliver of his health left. Wasn't happy.

This game has been great. The fast travel is great, the picture quality isn't bad and I don't even notice textures or frame rate. If you love the series, get this now. No need to wait for a PS4 version that may never happen in the first place.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:07 am

Worked on getting my archmage build going. Will be able to use sorcery/miracles/hexes/pyromancy. Just need to up my faith to use the Archdrake Staff and get some more appropriate mage clothing, and I'll be set.

Benny talked me through getting the Fire Longsword. I'd skipped it somehow. Also opened up Huntsman's Copse and went through a lot of that level.

Really enjoying this game and I realize I've only scratched the surface.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:41 am

I certainly talked alright. Boozy pedantic gibberish. Smile Had a blast though... even if I was on full drunk mode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:14 am

I'm so angry at myself for delaying the joy this game has brought me. So. Much. Fun.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:33 pm

Just wait. Dark Chasm of I want to shoot this console.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Nah. I'll solo the Dark Chasm in nothing but my underwear- barefisted. Like. A. Boss.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:55 am

Can't believe I finally got it. It was crazy hard for me for some reason. 4 times I got the boss down to a final hit but got cornered. Every time I had the killing blow ready to go, I would get stunned and it would stop the attack animation. Dead. Glad it's over. There's no way it should have been as hard as I made it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:04 am

Benny and I were able to join up last night. Took out the gargoyles in Bellfry Luna and then Mr. Chariots of Fire. At 1AM I then decided I needed to use 6 cracked red eye orbs to get my token to give to oompla loompa dude. Finally did and entered the Covenant of Blood. I then proceeded to do three duels. I won one.

Yet again, I have to say, this game is incredible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:24 am

It's a nice blend of new concepts and old ones. There are things missing that I would like to have seen, but there's plenty more new mechanics to discover that make up for it. A great follow-up in the series.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:45 pm

This is currently the best game available on any gaming platform.

/contest

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Mon May 05, 2014 5:30 pm

haha. Love it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue May 06, 2014 9:05 am

I believe I'm at the end of the game, but I keep refusing to look at my guide to find out what's next. I had the benefit of Benjamins' knowledge last night for what to do with the Petrified Egg and the Ashen Mist Heart. Guess I'll finally look to see where I'm supposed to go tonight.

I really want to maximize this playthrough. I want to grab absolutely everything and kill absolutely everything. Would like to go into NG+ nearly unstoppable. I also need to fully rank up in Heirs to the Sun and Rat King Covenant.

So much to do in this game. And while it's not steeped in confusing lore and tendency events, the sheer scope of the world, your ability to teleport throughout, and the diversity of the enemies makes it one of the better games in the series.

Mastering Demon's Souls and actually understanding the game made you a member of a Secret Club. Dark Souls attempted to continue in this vein, but lost some of the mystery. Dark Souls II doesn't even try to cloak the game in inscrutable tendency events, but it optimized the overall game model itself. It took out a lot of the guess work, but focused on the gameplay and world. I think they did an excellent job.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Fri May 09, 2014 9:20 am

Beat the game last night and am now in the cleanup phase. Took me about 74 hours. Love it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Dark Souls-
Jump to: