The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dark Souls Resources

Go down 
+9
bdwright77
kkrambo
Rooksarii
Kekborg
AlphaShepherd
mbgonzomd
TyrantII
Re-volution
frankthetoad
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Dark Souls Resources Empty
PostSubject: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:51 am

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/- better wiki, in my opinion.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/

http://www.ign.com/wikis/dark-souls

Complete wakthrough guide from Gamespot.

Knight's Honor: Obtain All Rare Weapons Trophy:

Spoiler:
DARK SOULS TROPHY GUIDE
(I've seen a lot of trophy guides, but this guy went above and beyond the call of duty. Very, very detailed. I strongly suggest this if you're going for the platinum)

Flowchart/Map of Dark Souls World:

Spoiler:

Location/Effect of all Rings (will update with more specific locations):

Spoiler:

Weapon Upgrade Flowchart:

Spoiler:

Snuggly the Crow items:
Spoiler:
Just the tips....

• to leave messages, you need to buy the orange soapstone from a vendor. I found one for sale in the Undead Burg.
  • you need to get the white soapstone from an NPC after you beat the Taurus Demon in the Undead Burg to be able to drop your soul sign and be summoned.
  • whenever you see an NPC, keep choosing Talk until they repeat themselves. They don't normally offer their services during your first conversation with them.
  • to kick, just flick the left stick and tap R1 simultaneously. To jump attack, flick the left stick and hit R2. For the falling attack, just hit R1 as you're falling through the air. For 150% weapon damage, hit PS3 Triangle to use your weapon two-handed. Obviously you won't have the use of your shield, but this is useful against powerful enemies when your shield isn't very effective in the first place. Tap PS3 Triangle again to go back to normal.
  • for those of you that didn't play Demon's Souls, you need to "Use" the collectible souls you'll occasionally find on dead bodies- Undead Hero's Soul, etc. They will give you +200, +400, +800 (i.e., the highest value I found the first night) souls. The beauty of these is they won't be left in a bloodstain. That is, they remain in your inventory if you die until you actually consume them.
  • ...which leads me to another point for those unfamiliar with this game- when you die, you have one chance to get back to the location of your last death to regain all of the souls you had when you died. If you die on the way there, those souls are lost to you forever.

HUMANITY:

Humanity is a game mechanic which controls various aspects of the game, both off- and online.

NOTE: You have to "Use" or consume Humanity before you can use it at bonfires. At a bonfire, you will use 1 Humanity to Reverse Hollowing, then you can use 1 Humanity to Kindle the Bonfire.

The amount of Humanity held by the player is represented by a number in the top left corner of the HUD.
Holding Humanity is not the same as being human.
The level of Humanity increases the player's resistance to being Cursed.
The level of Humanity also increases the player's item drop rate.

Use Humanity

Humanity is used to revive to Human form, or to kindle Bonfires. 1 Humanity revives you to human, then spend one Humanity to kindle a bonfire. After kindling, resting at a bonfire will give you 10 Estus flasks instead of 5. You can kindle a bonfire up to 4 times which will give you 20 flasks. In order to do this you have to find a collectible called the Rite of Kindling (I have no idea where you get it from)
Human form will allow players to summon Phantoms for help and guidance on their journey.
Human form will also leave the player open to invasions by hostile Black Phantoms.

Earn Humanity

Humanity can be earned by playing as a Phantom, and help kill the end-level boss.
Humanity can be earned by killing Evil Spirits (invading players), or by invading and killing a player in another world.
Humanity can be bought from some merchants.
Humanity can be found, as a dropped item, from some killed enemies.
Humanity can be found as a consumable item.
Sewer Rats drops consumable humanity items.
Skeleton Babies at the end of Tomb of Giants drop humanity.

These consumables can be stored, just like other items, and will not be lost if the player dies.
Consuming a humanity item will also restore the player's health.

Lose Humanity

Humanity is lost upon death, with one chance to retrieve it, if the player can reach the bloodstain where death occurred.
If the player dies in Human Form, it will respawn in Hollowed form, or as an undead.
Dying when Hollowed will result in the message 'You Hollowed' being displayed, instead of 'You Died'.
Hollowed form will allow the player to be summoned to another world, by a Human form host, to assist as a Phantom.
Hollowed form will have detrimental effects on the player, but will not decrease maximum health.

Last edited by frankthetoad on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:24 am; edited 20 times in total (Reason for editing : Added in Gamespot guide)
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Don't be a sissy!

•Demon's Great Hammer (Obtained by defeating the Asylum Demon the first time he is encountered, instead of running away)
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:14 am

Not only do we have to worry about souls this time around, we have to worry about Humanity:

Quote :
Humanity
Humanity is a game mechanic which controls various aspects of the game, both off- and online.

• The amount of Humanity held by the player is represented by a number in the top left corner of the HUD.
  • Holding Humanity is not the same as being human.
  • The level of Humanity increases the player's resistance to being Cursed.
  • The level of Humanity also increases the player's item drop rate.

Use Humanity

• Humanity is used to revive to Human form, or to kindle Bonfires.
  • Human form will allow players to summon Phantoms for help and guidance on their journey.
  • Human form will also leave the player open to invasions by hostile Black Phantoms.

Earn Humanity

• Humanity can be earned by playing as a Phantom, and help kill the end-level boss.
  • Humanity can be earned by killing Evil Spirits (invading players), or by invading and killing a player in another world.
  • Humanity can be bought from some merchants.
  • Humanity can be found, as a dropped item, from some killed enemies.
  • Humanity can be found as a consumable item.
  • Sewer Rats drops consumable humanity items.
  • These consumables can be stored, just like other items, and will not be lost if the player dies.
  • Consuming a humanity item will also restore the player's health.

Lose Humanity

• Humanity is lost upon death, with one chance to retrieve it, if the player can reach the bloodstain where death occurred.
  • If the player dies in Human Form, it will respawn in Hollowed form, or as an undead.
  • Dying when Hollowed will result in the message 'You Hollowed' being displayed, instead of 'You Died'.
  • Hollowed form will allow the player to be summoned to another world, by a Human form host, to assist as a Phantom.
  • Hollowed form will have detrimental effects on the player, but will not decrease maximum health.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:37 am

Watch out where, and what you drop:

Quote :
Vagrants

Vagrants are NPC Black Phantoms spawned from dropped equipment. Dropped equipment has a chance to become a vagrant and invade other peoples' worlds. The longer items are on the ground, the more powerful the Vagrant. The more powerful the vagrant, the higher chance it will drop better armor than what spawned it. Essentially, you might run across an NPC Black Phantom that drops rare armor simply because someone decided to drop a set of armor from their world and it morphed into a Vagrant that invaded yours.

My guess is they only invade unhollowed persons. Still, pretty interesting, and deadly.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:55 am

This game has a whole lot of layers to it.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:14 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
This game has a whole lot of layers to it.

Almost as many layers as a used bag of onions.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:21 am

TyrantII wrote:
Not only do we have to worry about souls this time around, we have to worry about Humanity:

Quote :
Humanity

• The amount of Humanity held by the player is represented by a number in the top left corner of the HUD.
  • Holding Humanity is not the same as being human.
  • The level of Humanity increases the player's resistance to being Cursed.
  • The level of Humanity also increases the player's item drop rate.

Use Humanity

• Humanity is used to revive to Human form, or to kindle Bonfires.
  • Human form will allow players to summon Phantoms for help and guidance on their journey.
  • Human form will also leave the player open to invasions by hostile Black Phantoms.

Earn Humanity

• Humanity can be earned by playing as a Phantom, and help kill the end-level boss.
  • Humanity can be earned by killing Evil Spirits (invading players), or by invading and killing a player in another world.
  • Humanity can be bought from some merchants.
  • Humanity can be found, as a dropped item, from some killed enemies.
  • Humanity can be found as a consumable item.
  • Sewer Rats drops consumable humanity items.
  • These consumables can be stored, just like other items, and will not be lost if the player dies.
  • Consuming a humanity item will also restore the player's health.

Lose Humanity

• Humanity is lost upon death, with one chance to retrieve it, if the player can reach the bloodstain where death occurred.
  • If the player dies in Human Form, it will respawn in Hollowed form, or as an undead.
  • Dying when Hollowed will result in the message 'You Hollowed' being displayed, instead of 'You Died'.
  • Hollowed form will allow the player to be summoned to another world, by a Human form host, to assist as a Phantom.
  • Hollowed form will have detrimental effects on the player, but will not decrease maximum health.
Going to move this to the first post....

I consumed 3 Humanity last night thinking I'd become Unhollowed. It just refilled my health. I'm thinking that you have to choose the option at the bonfire to become Unhollowed. Still unclear on this aspect...which sucks because Humanity is rare.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:59 am

Here is a tip from the Wiki on how to obtain the Flying Dragon Sword. It has 200 attack power and only needs like 18 STR or something.

WARNING SPOILERAGE for an early area of the game, kind of. I'm sure everyone has probably gotten to this point already though:

Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:35 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:
Here is a tip from the Wiki on how to obtain the Flying Dragon Sword. It has 200 attack power and only needs like 18 STR or something.

WARNING SPOILERAGE for an early area of the game, kind of. I'm sure everyone has probably gotten to this point already though:

Doing this tonight - assuming I can kill the ford tauras.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:42 pm

toadthefrank wrote:

I consumed 3 Humanity last night thinking I'd become Unhollowed. It just refilled my health. I'm thinking that you have to choose the option at the bonfire to become Unhollowed. Still unclear on this aspect...which sucks because Humanity is rare.

Correct.

I'm assuming the # of "Humanity" needed goes up with level, much like the price of souls to level up. "Humanity" is "used" at the bonfires to unhollow yourself (go to body form), or to "kindle" the fire. No idea what "kindling" is or does, but it's some world wide thing that effects us all. I noticed sometimes my guy glows and gets stuff sucked into him, but not from +1's on messages. Assuming it's kindling doing it's thing... whatever it does.

You can lose "Humanity" thats registered in the upper left, just as you lose souls, with death. get it back by getting to your stain. Fail to do that and die again and it's gone. Apparently lost "Humanity" & "Souls" will sometimes also spawn a black phantom in someelses unhallowed game!
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:44 pm

Dark Souls Resources 423213

I'm going to kill the Ford Taurus too then give it a shot.

Here is another video by the same guy... answers a lot of n00b questions, including Humanity, and gives some good advice, as well as how to get a small heal spell very early on in the game.

He does use NSFW language so keep your volume low if you are at work:

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:46 pm

TyrantII wrote:
...or to "kindle" the fire. No idea what "kindling" is or does, but it's some world wide thing that effects us all. I noticed sometimes my guy glows and gets stuff sucked into him, but not from +1's on messages. Assuming it's kindling doing it's thing... whatever it does.

Per that video I just posted, you'll see in there that "Kindling" a fire allows you to get 10 Estus flasks from that camp fire when you rest there. So he says to do it at each new area you go to especially if you plan on farming the area from that camp fire. Robe & Wizard Hat
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:00 pm

Very useful. So you can spend one Humanity to become human and then one Humanity to kindle the fire to give you 10 Estus flasks instead of 5. Nice! Adding to resource page.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:01 pm

toadthefrank wrote:
Very useful. So you can spend one Humanity to become human and then one Humanity to kindle the fire to give you 10 Estus flasks instead of 5. Nice! Adding to resource page.

Yep. And that's permanent for that fire... so any time you go back to that campfire and rest there you'll get 10 Estus flasks instead of the standard 5 for non-kindled camp fires.

This makes me want to go up North camping.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:12 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:13 pm

Thriller
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:26 pm

Some helpful (maybe?) info I found on the Playstation forums regarding getting your friends into your game:

Quote :
I've had two friends dead as I was alive try to drop their white stones near the NPC who gives you the stone. I wasn't able to see their signals. I quit the game and came back and was able to see one of my friends signals, summoned and the summon failed. I was able to do this two times with him and never again.

We are only two levels apart from each other, being 13, 14 and 15 as well as all part of the white covanent.

The game is good, hard but you feel awesome after defeating what has been killing you for the past hour. I'm going to put the game away for a week or so, I'm hoping people will leave the area opening up the chance of my friends and I seeing each other to finally play together. I remember after a few weeks of demon souls release we were finally able to see each others signals without a problem and able to play together at any time. I'm just hoping the same thing occurs with dark souls, once people start to leave the area I'll have a much higher chance of seeing people I want to play with.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:45 pm

Where can you sell your stuff?

Quote :
you can sell it to an npc at fire link after you ring both bells
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:55 pm

WE CAN SELL OUR STUFF?!?!?! That was my main complaint in Demon's Souls. Guess I'll hang onto all of that Hollow Soldier Armor after all...
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:02 pm

Am gonna drop mine and create black phantom NPC's to invade toads world

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:03 pm

Bring it.
Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:31 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:

Quote :

Where are the f'ing bells?
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:37 pm

Kekborg wrote:
AlphaShepherd wrote:

Quote :

Where are the f'ing bells?

I don't think we need to worry about them for a while still... they are later on in the game as far as I know. One is up the path from Firelink where we all are now and one is down the path in that big bad dark city that is going to treat us like its prison b!tch. Shocked
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:42 pm

Plus do you really think you'll get much for that plan shield and wooden sword?
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:43 pm

Quote :
Conditions for summoning (White Sign Soapstone):

The host (person who's game world will be used) must be human. The client (person joining the game) can either be human or undead.

The client’s level must fall within 10% (above or below) of the host’s level. Generally, this example formula should give you a good idea on whether you will be able to join: (LC x 1.1) ≥ LH ≥ (LC x 0.9), where is LC the level of the client and LH is the level of the host. For example, if the level of the host is 20, then they will only be able to summon players who are levels 18 to 22.

The area boss (Taurus Demon, Bell Gargoyles, Moonlight Butterfly, etc…) in the host’s world must still be alive. A client can still be summoned even if the client has already defeated their own area boss.

The host must not have placed down a summoning sign. Summoning signs from other players will not appear in a host’s world if the host also has placed a summoning sign down. This is to prevent a network conflict of the host joining someone else's game world while the clients are trying to join the host's game world.

After successfully summoning, the client will return to their world if the area boss is defeated, the client is killed or the host is killed.
Also, please note that there are several different servers/lobbies that are being used for Dark Souls, so you may not be able to summon a specific friend into your game even if you adhere to the steps above. We can only recommend that you follow the steps above for the best chance at being able to join a specific friends' game.

Problem is, I've yet to see any soul signs, or been summoned to others worlds. No black Phantoms too. Further, no one has rated my comments, and almost all the comments I've come across are not rated either.

I'm wondering if somethings broke, or not working with the very large distances (and latency) of connections over here. Also a little worried, because it's up to FROM to fix it, but apparently Namco is handling all complaints....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls Resources
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next