HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:08 pm

That's just silly. Rev, you know I buy just about every single stinking game. But can you blame me for being a little wary? Too many games have released half-baked and none of those developers is held accountable anymore. I do admit that Atlus/FROM (whoever's responsible for DKII) is not worthy of my skepticism, but there's no harm in me waiting two days.

Add to that that I've got a stack of good games I've yet to play/complete, and there's no reason to add another unless it's pure gold. I am still an optimist and figure this will be awesome, but I'm going to wait.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:54 am

For what it's worth, you don't have to defend your position to me. I completely understand. I just dig on this series more than any I've played, including Metal Gear. I've passed on a number of great games with the PS3, and with someone who has as extensive a backlog as you, I couldn't agree more with your logic. That said, you'll be missing out on some of the best cut scenes ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:03 am

You know I'll get this game. I just have to have the appearance of putting up a fight.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:48 pm

I do know it. And I know I'm getting a damn figurine like a nerd too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Re-volution
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:21 pm

I will pit my figurine against yours

Toad, sadly, will not have a beautiful 9" Dark Souls II Black Knight. Nah nah NA nah NA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Re-volution
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:33 pm

One
Week
Bitches
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Re-volution
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:44 pm

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on February 07, 2014 (Order# 115-3461833-3048200):

Future Press "Dark Souls II Collector's Edition Strategy Guide"
   Estimated arrival date: March 13, 2014

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Re-volution
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Life-sized Dark Souls 2 Statue!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:27 pm

I dig. I switched from Amazon for my pre-order to gamestop. Amazon won't be shipping it on time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Re-volution
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 pm

bdwright77 wrote:
I dig. I switched from Amazon for my pre-order to gamestop. Amazon won't be shipping it on time.

Talk to me Benny, what do you mean, not on time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Re-volution
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:43 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Machines
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:38 pm

RE: Screenshots

Showing something that is meant to be viewed in motion as a representation of the game is always a bad idea. The platform this does the most disservice to is the 3DS. Screenshots of 3DS games look ridiculous by "modern" standards. It's out of context. While not a stellar graphics driven game, Bravely Default on the 3DS has elements that are gorgeous. The same is true for the Souls series. FROM isn't feeding you bull-shots, which I think they should be commended for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:15 pm

Mine was delayed. Your's might ship on time. I ordered day they went live but got bumped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Re-volution
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:57 pm

bdwright77 wrote:
Mine was delayed. Your's might ship on time. I ordered day they went live but got bumped.

crossing fingers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:48 pm

So... This game is just for last gen consoles? That is a shame.

PSN: mule-tool
XBL: Grande MULETOOL

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:54 pm

For now, but it'll be great anyway. Toad and Machines are convinced it will come out for PS4. I'm not so sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:07 pm

Nah, I'm not convinced. I think there's a chance. I am convinced that Demon's Souls II will come to the PS4.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Machines
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:35 pm

Dark Souls 2 will come to PS4 by the time I actually complete Demon Souls and Dark Souls 1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:28 pm

cheers 

Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:08 am

Amazon sent me my shipping confirmation  bounce all is good this Monday
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Re-volution
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:11 am

Today is the day

Only looked at screen shots, no videos, no reviews. Should be pure bliss tonight. Do you guys wanna run the first go at it together or just get on chat and each do their own thing? I'm torn really. I've always went at it alone just so I could take my time and soak it all up. I think I am partial to that route. Perhaps we could each help each other on for each boss fight instead. But on the flip side I think it would be fun to experience going down the first corridor with friends.

What is your opinion?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:34 am

The reviews for DS2 are coming in very high. That tempts me to go out and get it. But I think I didn't
even get half-way through Dark Souls. And I still dread the grind and invaders and the frame rate issues more than I look forward to the exploration, challenges, and excitement.  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:10 am

Well, it's more open world, supposedly has an easier co-op experience (now with voice chat), but still suffers from occasional frame rate drops.

I've heard you can be invaded at any time, but it's dependent on how often you invade others. Also, you can banish (or prevent?) invaders by using the same item you use to replenish your health bar, which is reduced each time you die. Makes health management a very, very big part of the game, reportedly.

All in all, everything I've read has been nothing but praise. While I've read they've made the game more approachable to the masses, they did so without lowering the difficulty. In fact, many reviewers have stated that this is the most difficult of the previous two games.

As I much as I want to stop by Best Buy tonight and pick it up, I think I'm going to wait. If I don't stick with Knack, I'll never finish it. It will sit uncompleted next to Dragon's Dogma and Tales of Graces f. That and I know that the core three- Brandon, Tyrant, and Rev will be playing this for a good long while. Perhaps I'll be ready for the game when one of them is on their second playthrough.

Still, if you've been on the fence about this game, it's getting rave reviews.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:51 am

I played the first two a combined total of 15+ times or more. I expect I'll get equal replay out of this game as well.

Hoping to snag my copy at lunch. Revo, what's your gmail ID? Gonna add you to a hangout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:54 pm

You guys too busy playing to say anything about the game?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Dark Souls-
Jump to: