The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Destiny

Go down 
+24
beedubs
Mark Sporto
Hitch08
Iron Paws
imloungin
Huge Knutz
Smitty
Beans
snoots
pdiss88
ImdJenk
KingShorty
mbgonzomd
JD23
Hooligan
Re-volution
eclipz
frankthetoad
A
_Meta_
TyrantII
Jay_mb
AlphaShepherd
kkrambo
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 2:24 pm

mbgonzomd wrote:
If I start a new character am I fighting low level enemies again?

Yes. Damage scales so you're low level character will inflict the same amount of damage on enemies as your high level character. Bosses will still be bullet sponges but they won't be any harder. You will still come across higher level enemies in areas you shouldn't be in, similar to your first character.

You will also notice that you can't join some fireteams because your character level is too low for whatever mission/strike they are doing.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 2:38 pm

Huge Knutz wrote:
Call me dumb, but why wasnt this game designed to be cross platform compatible for online play?

Is it cuz the Xbox guys would have a huge advantage given superior graphics, sound, controller etc?

No, because the PS4 consistently has better graphics, sound, etc.  The xbox controller apparently feels better to a small subset of individuals who have never held the DS4.
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 2:50 pm

eclipz wrote:
mbgonzomd wrote:

Yes. Damage scales so you're low level character will inflict the same amount of damage on enemies as your high level character. Bosses will still be bullet sponges but they won't be any harder. You will still come across higher level enemies in areas you shouldn't be in, similar to your first character.

You will also notice that you can't join some fireteams because your character level is too low for whatever mission/strike they are doing.

I always felt scaling ruined games. Takes the ability to strategize and be a good gamer to move forward. I much prefer just different levels of characters ot fight, and based on your skill/weapon level you win or loose. If enemies scale to weapons whats the point of levelling up?
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 2:51 pm

mbgonzomd wrote:
Huge Knutz wrote:
Call me dumb, but why wasnt this game designed to be cross platform compatible for online play?

Is it cuz the Xbox guys would have a huge advantage given superior graphics, sound, controller etc?

No, because the PS4 consistently has better graphics, sound, etc.  The xbox controller apparently feels better to a small subset of individuals who have never held the DS4.

So's your face.

Winner! cheers
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 3:10 pm

Huge Knutz wrote:
I always felt scaling ruined games. Takes the ability to strategize and be a good gamer to move forward. I much prefer just different levels of characters ot fight, and based on your skill/weapon level you win or loose. If enemies scale to weapons whats the point of levelling up?

I may have explained it wrong. Maybe someone else can explain it better but there are different levels of enemies. Depending on your level of weapons and armor and the difficulty of the mission it take take you anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours to do a mission.

There's a ton of strategy in the game whether you're doing the mission yourself or with a fireteam. What I have been telling people is that it is a very well balanced game.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 3:51 pm

eclipz wrote:
mbgonzomd wrote:

Yes.  Damage scales so you're low level character will inflict the same amount of damage on enemies as your high level character. Bosses will still be bullet sponges but they won't be any harder. You will still come across higher level enemies in areas you shouldn't be in, similar to your first character.

fixed for simplicity
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 4:10 pm

lol! Good call.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 4:22 pm

I am a simple man.
Back to top Go down
JD23
JD23

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 5:16 pm

mbgonzomd wrote:
Huge Knutz wrote:

Only for people with small hands.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 5:58 pm

The only difference between the two controllers are the placement of the sticks. The DS4 is vastly superior to the DS3.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 12:52 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
The only difference between the two controllers are the placement of the sticks.  The DS4 is vastly superior to the DS3.

While I was trolling this thread thinking of crapping things to say about this game I saw Frank's post.

I recently sent Sony back two of my DS4's because the rubber had rubbed off. Any of you guys have that experience? fwiw, I got two brand new controllers and I bought some stick caps on Amazon to protect them. The rubber they use is quite prone to destruction.

Oh...Diablo > Destiny

Just ask Benny lol!
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Yes, one of my sticks is starting to wear down, but I'm keeping it. Like a trusty rifle or something.

I did recently buy a blue DS4 and I swear they've changed the material they're using to coat the sticks. Will be interesting to see if they hold up longer.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 1:50 pm

I've read about that happening a lot. Mine haven't gotten bad (yet), but they have worn a little bit and smoothed out on top.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 2:20 pm

I had two DS4s when I got the PS4. 25% of the rubberized coating on the left stick of one DS4 has sloughed off. It's not that annoying, but it's certainly noticeable. The second original DS4 is fine....and has been used equally as much.
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 4:19 pm

The stick on my Xbox One controller is still mint with no signs of peeling, ripping or wear.

Pretty sure that helps.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 9:06 pm

Never noticed anything wrong with my ds4. I have those dohicky improve your accuracy thing on there though.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Bungie Blog Update: Iron Banner Edition

From a few days ago and it doesn't look like the Queen is coming back anytime soon.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---10242014/en/News/News?aid=12318

Quote :
Over the last few weeks, the Tower played host to two events, and we learned a lot from both of them. Queen’s Wrath will be going back into the oven for a while. With Iron Banner, we have been able to move forward quickly with a lot of your feedback. We’d like to give you a look ahead at the next Iron Banner event.

Power Matters (More!)
The goal for Level Advantages in PVP had been to create relatively small advantages that would suffice only to tilt the balance between players of equal skill towards the player of greater achievement, expressed in terms of his gear. But we now believe we have been too conservative, and that small tilts failed to meet anyone’s expectations.

In the next Iron Banner, we will debut a much more dramatic difference between players of wide variation in Level. We will detail the changes in an article of its own to come as soon as we settle on some of the numbers.

Because of this, the next Iron Banner will also require a Fireteam leader to be Level 20 to enter. While lower Level players may join in with their Level 20+ chaperone, they will find it very challenging.

Quitting
The goal of Iron Banner was to create a PVP playlist where players would push their game and their equipment harder than ever. To do so, the emphasis is on winning. But that meant players who found themselves losing would be inclined to leave.

The Iron Lords respect perseverance and tenacity. In the next Iron Banner, players will receive a Medallion of Iron on a loss. Upon their next win, each Medallion they carry will convert into a reputation gain almost equal to a win.

And some other stuff...

Quote :

Armor and Weapons
The goal for Iron Banner gear was to provide Armor powerful enough to interest most players after a few weeks of gearing up, and aesthetically appealing to all players. But for very advanced characters, wearing Exotics and Raid gear, the equipment was not powerful enough to consider.

In the next Iron Banner, new exclusive reward Armor will be bumped to Level 30, but will still only be available in two slots. For advanced players, this will make them viable functional or visual sidegrades.

Iron Banner Weapons were already viable sidegrades for all but the most advanced players, but we would like to expand the options available. In the next Iron Banner, the weapon types available will go from two to four, divided between drops on match victory, and purchase from Lord Saladin in the Tower.

Bounties
The goal of Bounties in the Iron Banner is to push players to prove themselves in new ways, while also ensuring that straight-up combat was always valuable to move you towards a higher rank. But some of the Bounties required too much, and were mutually exclusive in a way that made this worse.

In the next Iron Banner, several of these Bounties have been tuned down quite a bit, and overall the value of Bounties has been bumped up. Also, they have been moved onto Lord Saladin, who was getting a little lonely back there with only his gong and dinosaur drawings.

New Feature: Reforging
Timur's Lash (the Hand Cannon available on match victory) was exciting to us because it was able to re-roll its upgrades on each drop, resulting in some unique and excellent configurations. But due to other issues, this was inaccessible to most players.

In the next Iron Banner, Lord Saladin will offer players the option of Reforging any Iron Banner weapon (including those from the last event.) This will re-roll all of the upgrades, but will also reset any progression. The cost for each Reforge will be a small number of Motes of Light, so set some aside next time Xur arrives in the Tower.

New Feature: Tempered
With Iron Banner lasting one week, some players with working schedules found themselves unable to even consider reaching a higher rank.

In the next Iron Banner, Lord Saladin will offer a 12-hour buff called Tempered, which will boost Iron Banner reputation gains. As the week goes forward, this boost will be increasingly potent, to help players starting later in the week to catch up. In Iron Banners after the next, we expect that we will further tune these bonuses by increasing their potency, but limiting their effect to lower Ranks.

Iron Banner Reputation Reset
If your eyes just snapped open, relax: Iron Banner reputation isn't resetting. The goal of Iron Banner events is to bring everyone together to play PVP for a week, and our plan had been to reset reputation each event. But this was poorly communicated, and (for reasons listed above) reaching higher ranks took longer than intended.

In the next Iron Banner, you will still have the Rank achieved in the last. But we still want players to come together for at least a few nights of team PVP, including veterans of the last event, so the Iron Banner ranks have been increased to 5. Some of the adjustments above will help players ascend more quickly through these and existing ranks.

In future Iron Banners, we will change over from Reputation to an Event Standing model where ranks are reset, but only after we better tune the effort required to reach the higher ranks.

Disclaimer of Ultimate Dodge
Some of the above changes are still undergoing internal testing, and we may encounter critical issues that force us to postpone a change. We’ll keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 3:05 pm

I never played Iron Banner so I don't know how you get armor pieces from them, but if they can be purchased, I'm playing! Another source of Level 30 gear other than exotics/Raid gear. Though when they say "limit to two slots," it makes me think they're just exotics.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 3:18 pm

I think the items are legendary, not exotic, and they're rewarded, not purchased. Think of it like Queens Wrath had a chance to reward two slots, helmet and chest piece.

Maybe Iron Banner is just the easiest thing for them to address sooner, but I'm shaking my head if they they think Iron Banner is the most important thing they need to fix. How about adding some new missions, strikes, maps, or game modes.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 3:34 pm

^Yup. I guess it will appease the primarily PvP folks (because I know they exist), but us PvE people are going to have to wait until December, and that feels like a long way off.

That said, I'd be happy if we're able to complete VoG on Hard without using any cheese. I'd feel accomplished if we could say that before the DLC drops.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 9:06 am

It's Tuesday!!!! My new favorite day of the week. Smile
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 9:51 am

what happens on tuesday?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 9:55 am

Everything resets- new Vault of Glass loot drops, new Weekly/Nightfall, etc.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 10:06 am

Oh. I think I am level 26 now. Can I do vault of glass yet?
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 10:16 am

I'm level 21...who wants to help me level up so I can play this cool stuff?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 19 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next