HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Destiny Events

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eclipz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Destiny Events   Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:29 am

Quote :
The launch of Destiny marks the beginning of an epic adventure that unfolds over time. To keep you steeped in new challenges and clad in fresh rewards, we have some tricks up our gauntleted sleeves. It’s time to roll them up and share some details about the next missions that will rely on your bravery and your gunfire.

TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:27 pm

Crucible rep and marks only seem to open up at rank 18. I haven't been earning it being below.

Guessing special crucible gear is the same way, although I have been getting encrypted engrams and green loots.

Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:03 pm

Need some Xur in your life?

Zombie outbreak response team

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:51 am

PSN: mule-tool
XBL: Grande MULETOOL

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:07 pm

The "Queen's Wrath" event went live today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:09 am

Does the Queen's Wrath include any new missions? Or is it just a new type of bounty for the same old missions (which earn you rep for a yet another different vendor).

There is a dead ghost in that tower area that opened up where the Queen's vendor is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:13 am

The Queen's emissary is simply another faction. From what I saw it's just a separate set of bounties (which is admittedly different from the other three factions).

I wasn't very enthusiastic about her gear. Plus, I've yet to put much of a dent in my Vanguard rep and marks. I'm going to try and level up my main Vanguard (i.e., Warlock Vanguard) to level 3, get some of their gear, and then go with one of the other factions.

Didn't see the dead ghost, but I didn't look for too long.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:31 pm

I've had a lot of trouble gaining any significant amount of Vanguard marks. Stuff costs like 200+ marks and I still only have like 20 total. How the hell do I get them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:41 pm

"A Guardian can earn Vanguard Marks beginning at level 18, but they are limited to earning a maximum of 100 per week. Vanguard Marks are rewarded for completing Vanguard bounties, Strikes in the Strike playlist, completing Public Events, and exchanging materials with Roni 55-30."

I also think you get marks for doing the Daily Heroic and Weekly Heroic. I'm also pretty sure the Raid awards marks.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:45 pm

I feel like I've done these things, but I guess not enough since breaking level 18.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:12 pm

You're level 20, right? Your sole goal right now is to have every armor piece with a light level. Any light level.

I've placed a chart showing the amount of light needed for every level above 20 in the Just the Tip first post.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:14 pm

I have a little bit of light on my helmet and chest armor, but it's only got me about a third the way to level 21 according to that yellow bar on my emblem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:20 pm

Another good way to get emgrams is by leveling the Cryptarch. I've gotten more than six from him, most of them Legendary, but all of them decrypted to rare. Still, the rare armor you get will have light on it. Once you find gauntlets and boots, you'll be good to go.

I'd recommend farming the Treausre Cave until you have at least all four pieces of Light. You can certainly find them playing the game normally through random drops or Crucible rewards...and even mission specific rewards in the strike playlist, but an hour in the Cave would probably get them for you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:25 pm

Guess you guys can find me tonight farming the cave if you're bored.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:00 pm

Marks are only half the problem. You also need to get to Vanguard level 3. I've been doing vanguard bounties to earn vanguard rep to increase my vanguard level. I also do the daily heroic mission and the public events. I think my vanguard level is still only 1.5. And I think I have around 50 marks.

I don't think I'll ever need to worry about the 100 marks per week limit.

Regarding light, I have seen the light on some armor increase when I upgrade that armor. Cashing in bounties is a good way to increase the XP on gear so that you can upgrade it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:42 am

I like playing the "grind them out" missions with friends, but my wife yells at me when I play for 2 hours straight. Such a dilemma.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:02 am

kkrambo wrote:
Marks are only half the problem.  You also need to get to Vanguard level 3.  I've been doing vanguard bounties to earn vanguard rep to increase my vanguard level.  I also do the daily heroic mission and the public events.  I think my vanguard level is still only 1.5.  And I think I have around 50 marks.

I don't think I'll ever need to worry about the 100 marks per week limit.

Regarding light, I have seen the light on some armor increase when I upgrade that armor.  Cashing in bounties is a good way to increase the XP on gear so that you can upgrade it.

I think the latest update reduced the required Vanguard Rank to buy items to Rank 2. At least when I looked last night, I can buy legendary armor from the Warlock Vanguard at Rank 2.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:35 pm

I think the Queen is going to leave the tower tomorrow. So if you don't have a legendary helmet and chest piece yet then be sure to do some Queen's Wrath missions today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:32 am

How do you do the queens wrath missions?

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:16 am

For every Queen's bounty you complete you get a "ticket" for a legendary reward from a Queen's Wrath mission.  You can check how many tickets you have by looking under the Missions heading on your inventory page.  If you don't have a ticket you could do the mission but you won't get the legendary reward.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:20 am

After you've completed a Queen bounty and gotten a Queen ticket, go to orbit and select the Queens Wrath mission at the top of the column on the left side. If you're not level 24 then you're going to need some help (maybe even if you are level 24).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:22 am

I think the Queen's Wrath missions are some of the hardest in the game. The only thing more difficult is the Nightfall and Raid.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:34 am

I don't think I have any of those tickets. It has never appeared on the left column. How do you do these "queen's bounty" missions?

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:41 am

GOML, mule! Go to the bounty guy in the tower. He offers 3 types of bounties: Vanguard, Crucible, and Queen's. You can be working on a max of 5 bounty missions at any one time. Your current bounties show in your inventory under the bounties heading on the bottom right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:56 am

So choose a Queen's Bounty, complete it, go back to the Bounty Board and turn it in, and then you'll have access to a Queen's Wrath mission.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destiny Events   

Back to top Go down

Destiny Events
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Destiny-
Jump to: