The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Destiny

Go down 
+24
beedubs
Mark Sporto
Hitch08
Iron Paws
imloungin
Huge Knutz
Smitty
Beans
snoots
pdiss88
ImdJenk
KingShorty
mbgonzomd
JD23
Hooligan
Re-volution
eclipz
frankthetoad
A
_Meta_
TyrantII
Jay_mb
AlphaShepherd
kkrambo
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 7:33 am

Oh, I got a legendary armor suit yesterday...

For a titan and I am a warlock. Great.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:01 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
Is ranking up on crucible or vanguard solely related to completing bounties?  

I don't think bounties are the only way to get rep but they are the best way.  I think you also get some vanguard rep for completing strikes and patrols.  But the best way is to grab up to 5 compatible bounties and go complete them.  By compatible, I mean bounties that you can make progress on simultaneously (in parallel).  You will get the rep boost when you turn in the completed bounties.

If you equip the flourish piece from one of the three tower factions then the rep you earn goes towards that faction instead of Vanguard or Crucible.  For example, if a Warlock equips the Warlock Bond from the Future War Cult then his rep goes to the FWC.  Same for Hunter's scarf and Titan's apron.  Unequip the faction pieces if you want your rep to go towards Vanguard and Crucible.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:10 am

Your rank is a bit different than that circle meter on the "destination select" screen. If you view the vendors items for sale, your rank will be displayed in the left hand side of the screen. Bounties help the most for ranking up. Usually at around 100 rep a pop. Won Crucible matches net you about +25, with losses netting around +10. You'll need (I think) 2500 to go from rank 2 to rank 3.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:13 am

kkrambo wrote:
mbgonzomd wrote:
Is ranking up on crucible or vanguard solely related to completing bounties?  

I don't think bounties are the only way to get rep but they are the best way.  I think you also get some vanguard rep for completing strikes and patrols.  But the best way is to grab up to 5 compatible bounties and go complete them.  By compatible, I mean bounties that you can make progress on simultaneously (in parallel).  You will get the rep boost when you turn in the completed bounties.

If you equip the flourish piece from one of the three tower factions then the rep you earn goes towards that faction instead of Vanguard or Crucible.  For example, if a Warlock equips the Warlock Bond from the Future War Cult then his rep goes to the FWC.  Same for Hunter's scarf and Titan's apron.  Unequip the faction pieces if you want your rep to go towards Vanguard and Crucible.

I think I am wearing one of those bonds. No wonder I am making no progress. Those bonds are stupid. They don't do anything, except the faction ones, right?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:22 am

Right. They're decorative only.

The circle on the Destination map is your progress towards 100 Vanguard or Crucible marks that you're eligible to win each week.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:31 am

mbgonzomd wrote:

I  think I am wearing one of those bonds.  No wonder I am making no progress.  Those bonds are stupid.  They don't do anything, except the faction ones, right?

If you have reached rank 2 or 3 with the faction then you can go back to the faction's vendor and buy legendary gear from them. (In other words, the FWC guy also sells legendary gear. You don't have to get if from the Vanguard or Crucible vendors.)

Marks is different from rep. You need both. (We've gone over this before.) You probably already have the Marks.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:32 am

Mule, you need to roll with the raid squad. We'll get you on track.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:34 am

on track...for the hawwwwpies!!
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:36 am

How do I do that. I am only level 25.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:04 am

Get to level 26:

1) On Friday/Saturday, search the internet (or ask us) "Where is Xur?" Xur is a weekend-only vendor that sells exotic gear. Buy one piece of exotic armor from him and get it fully upgraded. You can buy his swag with Strange Coins and Motes of Light.

2) Upgrade three legendary pieces of armor ONCE EACH with Ascendant Shards.

That should get you on a high enough level to get to the Raid.

The reason you shouldn't waste your shards on your legendary armor is because there is Raid Legendary armor. You need a fully upgraded exotic and three fully upgraded Raid legendary pieces of armor to eventually get you to level 30.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:17 am

I bought a helmet from Xur this weekend.  Cost me 13 strange coins.  That took me to level 25.  I have upgraded that several times, but I think I need something else (maybe those sharts you speak of) to complete a couple of potential upgrades.  I have the glass vault on my planet but I have not tried it because I need friends.  Could I do it as a level 25?

Where do I pick up more sharts.  I had to fine some helium thingies on the moon this weekend to upgrade my stranger's rifle.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:21 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
How do I do that.  I am only level 25.  

Just join one of us at any time and we can guide you on the best ways farm/level up, padawan.
Plus we can take you under our wings for some of the harder strikes, which offer better rewards.
Also, it helps if you stay up until 2 AM.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:26 am

The easiest and fastest way to get ascendant shards is to dismantle unused legendary and exotic armor pieces. Since most people aren't normally in that position, the second easiest way is to complete one public event/day/character (i.e., you have three character slots- get your other two characters past the first two story missions so that Patrol Cosmodrome is available).

If you do one public event each day with each of your three characters, you will get ascendant materials as a reward from the Postmaster in the Tower...but they could be ascendant energy, which upgrades your legendary/exotic weapons.

But as kkrambo said, join us.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:27 am

And I'd also recommend you read the first post in the Tips thread. It has a ton of useful information.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:37 am

kkrambo wrote:
Just join one of us at any time and we can guide you on the best ways farm/level up, padawan.
Plus we can take you under our wings for some of the harder strikes, which offer better rewards.
Also, it helps if you stay up until 2 AM.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:11 am

Im about to finish of Shadow of mordor and star this game. Im kinda to lazy to read through all the pages and posts? Can someone post a top 3-5 things I should do or keep in mind when starting from scratch, or is it all straight forward?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:31 am

Go to the first post in the stickied thread. It will tell you everything you need to know.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:54 am

I'm not sure it's very straight forward. There are a lot of different elements to this game but here are my recommended top few things to do.

1. Play the first couple story missions to get your sparrow (ie hover bike).
2. Go to tower and select some bounties.
3. Try to do a public event a day (even if you're in a mission they will pop up in the public area so stop whatever you are doing and do the public event. You will be notified one is in your area. You have to go to the marker that pops up to join it. After it finishes you can continue on with the mission)
4. Keep working on the story missions to get your third weapon (heavy weapon)
5. Turn in bounties you've completed and pick up more.

You're playing this on the XBOX ONE right? If you know other people playing it joining then is easy and recommended. I can activate the XBOX NOM clan on bungie.net but there really isn't any benefit to clans yet other than getting a couple trophies/achievements.

Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:04 pm

Huge Knutz wrote:
Im about to finish of Shadow of mordor and star this game. Im kinda to lazy to read through all the pages and posts? Can someone post a top 3-5 things I should do or keep in mind when starting from scratch, or is it all straight forward?

Start by just playing through the story. That in and of itself should take you to level 16 or so.

Take advantage of the bounty system as soon as the bounty board unlocks for you. Bounties are the best way to get the reputation and marks (currency) you need to buy legendary equipment. I think the bounty board unlocks early so you can be completing bounties as you're progressing on the story. You can equip up to 5 bounties. Just fill up and then replace with new bounties as you turn in completed bounties.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:17 pm

And don't be afraid to abandon bounties in favor of new, easier ones. They continuously cycle through. You'll see them all many, many times.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:33 pm

I'm falling way behind...once I get settled into the new house this weekend I'm gonna try and level up so I can play with you guys. Currently sitting at level 21.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 1:32 pm

We can all still play together. We'll just be badasses when compared to you. What else is new? cyclops
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 1:44 pm

Yeah...I was ahead of the curve for about 2-3 weeks. Now my huntress is a weakling.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 1:55 pm

If I start a new character am I fighting low level enemies again?
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 2:19 pm

Call me dumb, but why wasnt this game designed to be cross platform compatible for online play?

Is it cuz the Xbox guys would have a huge advantage given superior graphics, sound, controller etc?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 18 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next