The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Destiny

Go down 
+24
beedubs
Mark Sporto
Hitch08
Iron Paws
imloungin
Huge Knutz
Smitty
Beans
snoots
pdiss88
ImdJenk
KingShorty
mbgonzomd
JD23
Hooligan
Re-volution
eclipz
frankthetoad
A
_Meta_
TyrantII
Jay_mb
AlphaShepherd
kkrambo
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 12:16 pm

JD23 wrote:
Pdiss highly discouraged me from buying.  Looks like I'll wait until a price drop.
Your brother is a near professional gamer and probably devours content like this. It's the best game I've played on the PS4.
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 12:39 pm

Not sure about tonight, but I'm on right now if you want to give 'em a go! I'm currently lvl 14.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 1:14 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
JD23 wrote:
Pdiss highly discouraged me from buying.  Looks like I'll wait until a price drop.
Your brother is a near professional gamer and probably devours content like this. It's the best game I've played on the PS4.

He does eat noobs for breakfast. I'm always amazed by his ability to adapt and have a 2-5+ KDR in whatever new game he's playing.

I'm liking the MP, but only on the small "infantry" maps. The large maps tend to not work well, since matchmaking usually puts you up against a party/clan and the blueberries on your team are... yup... sniping and not PTFO. The vehicles also seem to be too hard to get away from and zap your health in a second. Vehicles work in BF because of all the buildings, cover, and landscape. Here you tend to just get trapped in the open with a wall on either side of you and no where to run.
Back to top Go down
JD23
Zombie outbreak response team
JD23

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 3:50 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
JD23 wrote:

He complained that the gameplay became very pedestrian and monotonous by the time he finished the campaign and hit level 20 - similar to what is being said in many of the reviews. I'm glad some people are enjoying it, but I'll probably pick it up when the price drops or there's a GOTY edition with some of the DLC included for free.

I'm hoping the Borderlands Prequel is a solid game, but won't get my hopes up based on recent history.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 5:10 pm

The multiplayer is very hard. I was playing against a bunch of 19-21 ranks. They killed me so fast it was comical.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 5:34 pm

The point though, is that the game opens up after you beat the campaign and after you reach level 20.
Back to top Go down
JD23
JD23

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 6:27 pm

What exactly does "open up" mean?  Everything I've read suggests that it is just more grinding through the same strikes to earn enough points to buy new armor to use in similar strikes.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 7:34 pm

To be honest, I'm not sure. From what I've read it means a focus on fire teams and taking down much more difficult daily and weekly world events.

To be fair, the world is not as open as we were led to believe. It is pretty small. Perhaps that aspect will change.
Back to top Go down
Iron Paws
Titty Sprinkles
Iron Paws

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 8:54 pm

So far this game sucks balls....while it's an ok shooter, it really doesn't offer anything new. At this point I have buyer's remorse
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 9:00 pm

I am enjoying it, but in was not expecting much beyond a shooter.
Back to top Go down
JD23
JD23

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 9:27 am

I watched my brother playing the so-called endgame content yesterday and it consisted of repeating the exact same strikes, with enemy hit points scaling to player level.  Don't expect vast amounts of content or any new areas to unlock after completing the campaign.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 9:44 am

What'd everyone expect? I'm no FPS vet, so maybe that's why I'm not getting bored with it as quickly. The gameplay is more fun than other FPS's I've played in recent years, plus the coop and character upgrades are enjoyable. I suck at the PvP, but I still play some of it. Seems they'll be able to expand on the world with DLC, which sucks you'll have to keep putting money in to it, but if they keep adding to it and you find it fun, then it's probably worth it. If not, play something else I guess.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 3:21 pm

JD23 wrote:
I watched my brother playing the so-called endgame content yesterday and it consisted of repeating the exact same strikes, with enemy hit points scaling to player level.  Don't expect vast amounts of content or any new areas to unlock after completing the campaign.
So, I do understand the complaint. Life after level 20 seems to be more about upgrading all of your legendary gear and finding an exotic armor piece and weapon. The daily missions, weekly raids, and Crucible PvP are supposed to fill the gaps, but they're always going to be in similar locations. I can see how that can be boring to some folks.

I'm a loot and upgrade whore, so this game seems perfect for me. That said, I've played less than 10 hours. Maybe I'll get bored too.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:56 am

I made it to level 18 last night.  I've completed most of the missions on Venus but have not been to Mars yet.

I'm enjoying this game.  The gunplay is good, the double jump and super charged move are fun.  The environments are great with lots of details and caves and canyons to explore.  I like hunting for chests and dead ghosts.  Co-op is excellent.

The PvP is pretty good too.  I've played a handful of Control and TDM games.  I've done well in some and got spanked in others.

Initially I didn't like the fusion rifle (the one that charges up for a second before it fires).  But after using it for a while I like it.  It does a lot of damage and is usually a one-hit kill at mid to close range.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 9:33 am

Got up to level 16 over the weekend. Looking forward to getting my hands on the level 20 gear. Completed all story missions (most of them more than once) thru Venus and just unlocked Mars.

I'll be on tonight looking to knock out most of Mars and get up to level 20 for anyone that wants to join. The coop has been the most fun so far. Teaming up to do story missions and strikes are a blast.

Here's my hunter and her sweet gold armor. BTW, how do you change the flag in the background? I've noticed some of you have different ones, as this seems to be the default one.

Destiny - Page 13 HunterLevel16_zpsb459a08a
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 11:27 am

Think that changes based on the faction you're allied to after level 20, and possibly the gear you class item have equipped?

I made it to level 22 last night. Still need to do 1/2 of Venus and all of mars as well.

The lore is interesting, but the story / dialogue / characters reads like something me and my friends came up with in 5th grade. Bungie needs to hire a decent story director and writer next go around and give him creative control of the SP.

Instead just been focusing on COOPing with people, strikes, and loot hunting.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 11:43 am

Yeah, the story started out kinda promising but has basically turned into light vs dark, blah blah blah.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 11:58 am

"I don't even have time to tell you I don't even have time to tell you"...

Oh, so this happened last night

FU!
Back to top Go down
Iron Paws
Titty Sprinkles
Iron Paws

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:04 pm

How do you join the clan?
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 12:45 pm

join the group, get approved, then go back and join the clan.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/118959
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 7:25 pm

The vanguard section was available to me today. I did a strike with 2 randoms. One of them quit early on. Man, that was a grind. It took us over an hour. My hands are sore. I think it would be pretty fun with nommers.
Back to top Go down
pdiss88
Titty Sprinkles
pdiss88

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 11:26 pm

JD23 wrote:
frankthetoad wrote:
JD23 wrote:

He complained that the gameplay became very pedestrian and monotonous by the time he finished the campaign and hit level 20 - similar to what is being said in many of the reviews.  I'm glad some people are enjoying it, but I'll probably pick it up when the price drops or there's a GOTY edition with some of the DLC included for free.

I'm hoping the Borderlands Prequel is a solid game, but won't get my hopes up based on recent history.

Pretty much this. The missions were a little repetitive and lacking story but I was really enjoying the gunplay mechanics and playing with my friends throughout the main story as well as leveling up...then I hit level 20 and finished all of the story missions and there was really nothing left to do except keep grinding the same Strike missions over and over trying to get better gear, which I've already grown tired of (I'm level 23). There's literally nothing left for me to do except play the daily/weekly challenges, play Crucible or start a new character. This "the game really opens up at level 20" thing seems to be the exact opposite for me, it's where the game begins to feel like it's winding down.

Speaking of Crucible, I can't effing stand it. They did a very poor job balancing the abilities and special weapons. I'm killed by a shotgun, a Fusion Rifle, a melee or a special ability about 80% of the time. I can normally count on less than one hand how many times I'm killed by a primary weapon the entire match, there's just too much other cheese in the game that outclasses it. I'm burned out already, as it gets frustrating very quickly getting one-hit KO'd by things you have almost no way to counter most of the time.

I bought the $100 physical Limited Edition with the season pass included, that's how much I bought into the hype. This is easily the most disappointing game I've ever played in my entire life (from my standpoint) and it's probably going to get shelved until new content comes out. Back to League of Legends until AC:Unity comes out, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
beedubs
beedubs

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 10:25 am

^^^dude needs to get out more.

study
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 11:28 am

I hope they will expand it with new worlds. New massive missions involving different factions. Ability to buy new ships/moons and build them as a faction/team/clan and the ability to raid other's bases/moons/battle ships. Add vehicular combat.

That is what I would do.
Back to top Go down
JD23
JD23

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 11:32 am

What about adding a pond builder mode?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 13 Empty