The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Destiny

Go down 
+24
beedubs
Mark Sporto
Hitch08
Iron Paws
imloungin
Huge Knutz
Smitty
Beans
snoots
pdiss88
ImdJenk
KingShorty
mbgonzomd
JD23
Hooligan
Re-volution
eclipz
frankthetoad
A
_Meta_
TyrantII
Jay_mb
AlphaShepherd
kkrambo
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 11:44 am

I don't see that happening.  I would like to see a KZ2 type clan system where you can set up matches, wager things, and keep track of it all.  Maybe even challenge people to beat your clan at doing something in PVE runs.

Glass something or other opened up today and is a 8 boss Raid in a new area.  The game saves your progression after each boss is defeated and you can come back later to finish it.  

You have 7 days to complete it and everyone you go in with is "tagged" as a fireteam member.  If the other players progress without you, you lose your spot/chance for the week.  I do think new people can be substituted late though, as long as the new guy going in wasn't assigned to the raid before.

I've noticed some large doors and blocked off areas in many of the maps.  I'm hoping they have plans to open them up, hopefully without being it all paid DLC.  There's a really long one that ends in a dead end with subways style doors near the area where you start the Sepkis Prime Strike mission behind a smaller eyeball.

My largest complain so far besides the almost totally absent story is they're forcing us to go through 2 loading screens to do anything;  load to orbit, orbit, load to mission.  Why not put the map as a inventory screen and have your ship boom across the sky, beam you up, and one loading screen of leaving a planet, warping, and arriving at the next location?
Back to top Go down
pdiss88
Titty Sprinkles
pdiss88

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 12:09 pm

beedubs wrote:
^^^dude needs to get out more.

study

The co-op part of the game took me about 12 hours to get to level 23 even with the grinding, which is paltry for a game that hyped itself as an MMO. It wasn't even like I was skipping work or staying up until 4 AM playing it to finish it so quickly.

I really wanted this to be the game of 2014, but it's struggling to even be the game of September.

On the bright side, I look forward to trying that Raid thing today.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team
Smitty

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 12:14 pm

Maybe you're a little too die hard of a shooter fan for this game. I'm enjoying it, but I'm a little more casual and probably have lower standards for my FPS's (since I never play them).
Back to top Go down
pdiss88
Titty Sprinkles
pdiss88

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 12:19 pm

I don't think a person's skill level affects single player or co-op length/replayability that much. The damage your character gives and takes scales based on your level. I just feel like the game relies too much on Crucible or grinding out the same Strike missions over and over for better gear to extend its lifespan. As weird as it may sound since I'm the competitive shooter guy, I was never a fan of Crucible and bought the game mostly for the story/co-op expecting a 25+ hour experience.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 12:30 pm

This is one of the few shooters I'm not finding myself bored with. As long as I have a few NOMmers to team up with, I don't mind repeating some of the same missions. The gameplay is fun regardless. Maybe I'll get bored in the next week or 2, but I haven't yet. I'm currently at level 19, so I've put a decent amount of time into it (too much, if you asked my wife). The PvP is fun in spurts, but I prefer the coop since I'm actually good at that portion of the game. The story isn't anything close to many other games (Mass Effect, TLoU, etc), which is a little disappointing, but I'm still getting my money's worth for now.
Back to top Go down
beedubs
beedubs

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 2:27 pm

mbgonzomd wrote:
I hope they will expand it with new worlds. New massive missions involving different factions. Ability to buy new ships/moons and build them as a faction/team/clan and the ability to raid other's bases/moons/battle ships. Add vehicular combat.

That is what I would do.

The should change the name to Destiny: Clash of Clans.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 2:46 pm

pdiss88 wrote:
beedubs wrote:
^^^dude needs to get out more.

study

The co-op part of the game took me about 12 hours to get to level 23 even with the grinding, which is paltry for a game that hyped itself as an MMO. It wasn't even like I was skipping work or staying up until 4 AM playing it to finish it so quickly.

I really wanted this to be the game of 2014, but it's struggling to even be the game of September.

On the bright side, I look forward to trying that Raid thing today.

They have me at 30 hours to get to level 23, so I got 60% more out of it than you!

Joystick basically called it a FPS dungeon crawler and loot loop game.  I tend to agree and see where you wouldn't enjoy it if thats not your thing, especially since it's pretty much PvE/PvP after 30 to get loot.  I'm having fun but I haven't even completed venus yet, and mostly have been helping in missions, strikes, and playing COOP and fooling around with weapons and exploring.

One thing Activision did do was massively overstate the amount of content we were getting and the size of the playable world.  It's not small per say, but it's not a solar system sandbox like they seemed to imply, and likewise once you've done the 50 or so missions and strikes, you're just going to be regulated to doing them again at higher and higher levels.

One thing the game needs massively is better mission types and lore / items in the world that tell sub stories.  something like fallout or even borderlands non-main story missions.  Hell, even TLOU's collectables told a story better than anything here.

I don't think I was expecting FO3, GTA, or FC3; but I was thinking a semi-guided worlds like a smaller FO:NV would be each planet with a lot to at least explore. As it is it's mostly sky boxes and gun fodder.

Last edited by TyrantII on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 2:55 pm

I have a feelling they'll be releasing more planets and more story via DLC...but it won't be free despite the fact I already dumped $90 into the digital guardian edition.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Smitty wrote:
I have a feelling they'll be releasing more planets and more story via DLC...but it won't be free despite the fact I already dumped $90 into the digital guardian edition.

Correct.

If they're smart and they do want this to be a 10 year franchise they might look into also keeping the main game interesting and updated and releasing some DLC expansions for the 4 core planets for free along side new paid DLC for new ones.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 3:09 pm

I'm still not sure what I got with that extra 30 bucks I spent, outside of some extra gear and a ship.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 4:20 pm

The $30 includes the first two expansion I believe?
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 4:40 pm

So things I don't have yet?
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 10:45 am

A fire-team of six nommers entered the Crucible last night and came out victorious in one game.  Let's hear it for them.  golfclap
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 10:47 am

Woohoo!

Really wish we could run 6-player patrol missions. The coop is infinitely more fun than the PvP IMO.
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 11:22 am

So I hit level 20 the other night and have a much better grasp on the game now. There are a few complaints I have, but overall, I still love it. It's been a blast playing with my brothers and with friends. Hopefully we can get some 6-man raid and PvP NOM action going soon!

The story telling is definitely lacking. I beat the game and didn't even realize it until the closing cinematic. Some basic story-telling elements like a touch of drama, some character development, etc... could have went a long way. This just felt flat all the way through. I'm holding onto hope that they will enrich the story as it continues to be told through new content releases and DLCs.

The planet-map system is a bit misleading. You don't get to explore an entire planet, rather just a single zone on each one, like Old Russia on Earth. Each zone is fairly sized and each mission tries to take you to different areas in that zone, but ultimately it feels a bit lacking as you realize you've already ran through a specific section twice before already. More planets are coming in the future, so that's definitely good news.

I really don't understand the complaints about repetition here. We've all bought Call of Duty or Battlefield games in the past, just to run Team Deathmatch or Domination type matches over, and over, and over, and over.... This game has PvP! The combat absolutely ROCKS in this game, so PvP has been a pleasure so far. I've only played about a dozen matches and I've gotten destroyed for the most part, but I can see myself spending lots of time here just like I did with CoD. I consider the other "campaign" half of this game an amazing bonus that will continue to claim a significant amount of my hours moving forward.

Completing missions or playing PvP net you marks for various factions, like the Vanguard and New Monarchy, who then accept those marks in exchange for high level gear. I haven't even scratched that surface yet. I have 2 skill trees to level up, which surprisingly continues past level 20.

Overall, there seems to be plenty more for me to look forward to. See you in the Tower!
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 11:29 am

Agreed. I have a few minor complaints, but the gameplay is loads of fun here. I hit lvl 20 last night at well. As a Hunter, I need to begin leveling up the Bladedancer subclass. There appears to be some awesome abilities tied to it.
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 11:30 am

From Kotaku

(the link also has videos, which I refuse to watch for spoiler reasons)

Quote :
Yesterday, a group of six Destiny players beat the game's first Raid. It took them ten hours. Ten hours!

The Vault of Glass, which developer Bungie describes as the "most elaborate mission ever created by [them]," opened for the first time yesterday, and it sounds crazy. It's a six-person adventure with Tomb Raider-ish puzzles, ambiguous objectives, and nails-tough boss battles. The first group to fight through the Vault died a total of 1,605 times (and killed thousands of enemies along the way). You can take breaks and come back where you left off, so that potential ten-hour completion time can be separated into chunks, though your progress will be reset after a week.

Though I haven't had a chance to test out the raid for myself yet—I'm a paltry level 14, and this thing is designed for levels 26 and up—I've been watching videos and streams of people playing, and it looks way more interesting than any of Destiny's other missions (which usually follow the same pattern: deploy Ghost -> listen to stupid dialogue -> kill waves of enemies -> repeat).

To quote Kotaku's Kirk Hamilton, who I was just texting with about the raid: "it was like this crazy Indiana Jones cave with huge rooms and environmental puzzles and crazy bosses, like this one that kills you if it sees you, or places where it looked like if one person died the entire party died. It was like co-op FPS Dark Souls."

Sick!
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 11:45 am

OK, we must do this.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Back to top Go down
fourthplace
Bieber Fanboy
fourthplace

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 1:07 pm

I'm baaaaack guys! I want in on this Destiny NOM Clan + always down to play! Invite!
Missed you guys <3

EDIT: Sent clan request!
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Last edited by Smitty on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 4:31 pm

Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 1:31 pm

I spent over 2 hours on 1 strike last night. Various players joined and quit. Finally Jenk and Kkrambo joined and we beat the mofo. My hands were sore and my wife was mad.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 6:11 pm

mbgonzomd wrote:
My hands were sore and my wife was mad.  
This was good practice for the 10+ hour raid we're doing soon.
Back to top Go down
Iron Paws
Titty Sprinkles
Iron Paws

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 9:58 pm

mbgonzomd wrote:
. My hands were sore and my wife was mad.  

Sounds more like your wife wanted sex and you jacked off instead
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 14 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next