The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Go down 
+19
Beans
mbgonzomd
Smitty
pdiss88
Trilic
Rooksarii
_Meta_
beedubs
bdwright77
Huge Knutz
Jay_mb
Tez
Re-volution
frankthetoad
AlphaShepherd
TyrantII
Mark Sporto
gordho
JD23
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:37 pm

it's supposed to be a brand new engine built just for skyrim, so hopefully the bugs will be minimal.

and it should be right up your alley.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:38 pm

We can be Text Chat buddies exploring whatever-the-world-is-called together!

Ghey!
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:45 pm

Ghey!
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:46 pm

PicardPalm
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:05 pm

Jealous much? Sheesh. Get it for the PS3 and we can make it a three-way.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:27 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
Jealous much? Sheesh. Get it for the PS3 and we can make it a three-way.

You two would blow past me in the story line in no time. I'm getting it for my 360 and locking myself in for the winter. See you guys in the spring.
Back to top Go down
Trilic
Mule's Spoon Boy
Trilic

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:38 am

Huge Knutz wrote:
Trilic wrote:
My Gamestop will be doing a midnight release....I have already paid for it, just need to go early get my number in line...and come back around 11:45 tomorrow night.

And I just found out that I dont have work friday...so cheers and then I found out Daycare is still open for Friday too....so cheers and then I found out my wife is working that day....so cheers cheers cheers

how long of a stretch you figure you can put in day one? I have 0 distractions too, so Im going for 10 hours straight....food and wine will be next to me to keep me going. I have a nice bottle of 2003 Dal Forno Romano I plan to crack to celebrate. Half the celebration will be because I have absolutely no accountability or company that day Very Happy cheers drunken

I am going to do a first stretch of about 4 or 5 hours...thats from midnight. then sleep for like 4 or 5 hours...and I plan on doing a full working day Friday of it. so looking at 9 hours. Then family stuff, blah blah blah...and put in another 9 hours that evening/night/morning.
I will have snacks and the captain, Morgan that is....2 bottles (just in case drunken )
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:15 am

I WANT TO READ SOME REVIEWS! My folks are coming to town tomorrow night. They'll be here all weekend. Looks like I'll be playing this after they go to bed with the headphones on. Bad timing. I get my sleep habits from my mom. She stays up as late as I do.
Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:30 am

frankthetoad wrote:
I WANT TO READ SOME REVIEWS! My folks are coming to town tomorrow night. They'll be here all weekend. Looks like I'll be playing this after they go to bed with the headphones on. Bad timing. I get my sleep habits from my mom. She stays up as late as I do.

Pitty there's no split screen co-op then What a Face
Back to top Go down
_Meta_
Bonerfart
_Meta_

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:44 am

Huge Knutz wrote:
Trilic wrote:
My Gamestop will be doing a midnight release....I have already paid for it, just need to go early get my number in line...and come back around 11:45 tomorrow night.

And I just found out that I dont have work friday...so cheers and then I found out Daycare is still open for Friday too....so cheers and then I found out my wife is working that day....so cheers cheers cheers

how long of a stretch you figure you can put in day one? I have 0 distractions too, so Im going for 10 hours straight....food and wine will be next to me to keep me going. I have a nice bottle of 2003 Dal Forno Romano I plan to crack to celebrate. Half the celebration will be because I have absolutely no accountability or company that day Very Happy cheers drunken

You kind of remind me of Paul Giamatti in the last scene from Sideways.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:18 am

frankthetoad wrote:
I WANT TO READ SOME REVIEWS!

Quote :
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Review

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the big, bold, and beautiful sequel you hoped for and is sure to bewitch you for countless hours.

The Good

Immense world stuffed with varied tasks to perform
Dragon battles are a blast
Lovely art design capped by some beautiful, atmospheric touches
Enjoyable battles that you can approach in a variety of ways
Lots of compelling, self-contained stories to experience in addition to the main one.

The Bad

Glitches and bugs frequently disrupt the immersion
Friendly AI is often more of a hindrance than a help.

Gamespot Skyrim Review
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:22 am

http://n4g.com/news/884420/gamrreview-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-review

here are your reviews if you really need to have someone else's opinion. tongue
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:36 am

burnt out?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:33 am

Don't like hearing about glitches.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:35 am

I got your glitch right here buddy. teabag
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:07 am

The reviews above are for the 360. I went to IGN, read their review, then another story with the headline, "Where's the Skyrim review for the PS3?" They weren't sent an advance copy. I'm wondering if any review site was sent a PS3 version. That makes me incredibly nervous. Why wouldn't they include the PS3 version with the 360 and PC versions they sent out.

I really don't want to have to throw my controller through my TV this weekend...
Back to top Go down
JD23
Zombie outbreak response team
JD23

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:08 am

I can't wait for a repeat of the GOAT test glitch five minutes into the game.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:09 am

@ frankthetoad - open my link, dickbag.

it links to about 10 reviews. Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:19 am

I got your PS3 review right here buddy. teabag
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Here is a "con" from one of the reviews I read
"will suck up your entire life for at least a month."

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/11/skyrim-review/

All the reviews say there are "occasional" bugs and glitches, but if I think hard about it every RPG i've played has them. Im ok with them as long as they aren't as bad as Fall Out 3.
Back to top Go down
Machines
Bonerfart
Machines

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:16 pm

Can't remember if it was Joystiq's or 1UP's review I read that said the wonderful Bethesda glitch of things slowing down as the game progresses is there. Interior load times of 5-10 seconds. And more. But they didn't prevent either site from giving it a perfect score. I'll still be waiting for a patch. Too much other stuff to get through first.
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:21 pm

the reviewers are playing from copies that do not have the patch which is being released tomorrow....at least thats what I read.
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:24 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
The reviews above are for the 360. I went to IGN, read their review, then another story with the headline, "Where's the Skyrim review for the PS3?" They weren't sent an advance copy. I'm wondering if any review site was sent a PS3 version. That makes me incredibly nervous. Why wouldn't they include the PS3 version with the 360 and PC versions they sent out.

I really don't want to have to throw my controller through my TV this weekend...

I read a review on the PS3 revision...just skimmed through it. I mentioned something about only have 30% of the quests the Xbox version has, and is rendered in 120p instead of 720p.

Hope that helps
Stir The Pot
Back to top Go down
Machines
Bonerfart
Machines

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:05 pm

Huge Knutz wrote:
the reviewers are playing from copies that do not have the patch which is being released tomorrow....at least thats what I read.

Oh, well that's good to know. Would be nice to see a list of fixes associated with that patch. Hoping to dig into this around Xmas time!
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:57 pm

There is a list some where, and two things I remember reading was "general performance issues" (or something like that), and quest advancement fixes.

UPDATE: Here is the exact quote “some minor stability and quest progression issues.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Page 9 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next