The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Go down 
+19
Beans
mbgonzomd
Smitty
pdiss88
Trilic
Rooksarii
_Meta_
beedubs
bdwright77
Huge Knutz
Jay_mb
Tez
Re-volution
frankthetoad
AlphaShepherd
TyrantII
Mark Sporto
gordho
JD23
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
JD23
Zombie outbreak response team
JD23

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty
PostSubject: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 10:05 am

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
gordho
Titty Sprinkles
gordho

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 10:38 am

Hopefully they hired more then 3 voice actors. study
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 11:46 am

Hopefully they use the same engine from oblivion (not the goty edition) and don't let anyone involved with FNV near the development of this.

Otherwise, HOLY CRAP THIS IS FREEKING AWESOME NEWS!!

*faints*
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:37 pm

LOL, NO THANKS
Back to top Go down
JD23
Zombie outbreak response team
JD23

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 3:01 pm

I was waiting for Tyrant's head to explode when I posted this. I'd be willing to bet that this game will be using the Oblivion/Fallout 3/New Vegas engine.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 3:33 pm

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim HeadExplode
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 6:10 pm

very good news!

http://www.examiner.com/console-gaming-in-national/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-uses-brand-new-engine

Quote :
Speculation about The Elders Scroll V: Skyrim has been running rampant since the teaser trailer as shown at the Spike VGAs and the teaser site went live soon after. We know one thing for certain though, the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 game from Bethesda Softworks won't be built on the same game engine as any previous games.

While there be dragons in the game, Skyrim will also sport a brand new shiny engine according to the Bethblog twitter. "Seeing lots of speculation about #tesv game engine. It's brand new... and it's spectacular!," it said.

Good news as the game engines from Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are beginning to show their age.

Update: For those wondering if this is a licensed engine or an internal engine, Bethesda confirmed on their forums that this is a new internally developed engine.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is due out on November 11, 2011.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:44 am

gordho wrote:

Laughing

+69,000
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 11:47 am

AlphaShepherd420 wrote:
gordho wrote:

Laughing

+69,000

that honestly didn't bother me too much in oblivion. i was too wrapped up with the awesome quests and stuff.

jerks. Mad
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 1:52 pm

Is Oblivion any good?
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 1:55 pm

kind of.

as long as it isn't the goty version with the bug that broke mule's game.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 1:59 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
Is Oblivion any good?

It's one of those games that can be the ONLY game you'll play all winter long. I ended up just finishing it to see the end, since I could have just gone on side quests forever and a day.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 2:01 pm

AlphaShepherd420 wrote:
frankthetoad wrote:
Is Oblivion any good?

It's one of those games that can be the ONLY game you'll play all winter long. I ended up just finishing it to see the end, since I could have just gone on side quests forever and a day.

wait... you did do the dark brotherhood quest, right?

if not, you fail.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Of course I did. It was awesome.

I decided to complete the main quest plot lines right after I finished that one up. cheers
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 2:06 pm

cheers

best quest in the game!
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Never played the older versions so this one is a must grab, ya know for the Demon's Souls type of gamer
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 2:11 pm

I've got the GOTY edition. Sad
Back to top Go down
Tez
Bonerfart
Tez

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:47 pm

I did the first storyline mission, the Dark Brotherhood, and then spent 90 hours ransacking towns at night and slowly murdering entire populations to see how far I could get without being caught.

Shit was so cash.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:49 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 10:48 am

Quote :
The latest entry in the Elder Scrolls series--Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim--is due out 11/11/11 with not only a new narrative, but also a new game engine. However, gamers not content with what Bethesda has created will be able to mix things up in the new role-playing game.

Bethesda has confirmed via the Bethesda Blog that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will follow the precedent set by its predecessor and come with a set of mod tools for gamers to unleash their creativity with.

Skyrim's all-new game engine--outed last month--will be called the Creation Engine and will include the Creation Kit level-building tools for the PC community only. This toolset will let gamers create levels and tweak game nuances to their liking. The modification tools will not be available for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 iterations of the game.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU!!! Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:48 am

tyrant - don't read the link. it will certainly spoil the game for you. tongue

article vaguely confirming something that everyone, including my 4.5 year old, already assumed.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/10869/bethesda-dark-brotherhood-very-popular-quest-line-in-skyrim

Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:41 am

scratch

How do you start a post with Don't read this and expect me not to go all ADHD/OCD and look at it?

bounce

Atleast summarize the non spoilerish stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:49 am

TyrantII wrote:
scratch

How do you start a post with Don't read this and expect me not to go all ADHD/OCD and look at it?

bounce

Atleast summarize the non spoilerish stuff.

non spoilerish summary - in oblivion, lots of people really, really liked the dark brotherhood quest. *wink*
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:55 am

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:57 am

Shocked

Excited!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Empty

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Page 1 of 26Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next