The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
+19
mbgonzomd
KingShorty
Kekborg
_Meta_
fourthplace
Rooksarii
GeminiEffect
Mouse
Re-volution
kkrambo
R2-JD
gordho
bdwright77
Mark Sporto
AlphaShepherd
Tez
bplewis24
TyrantII
frankthetoad
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:42 am

bdwright77 wrote:
I like the pyromancy spells, Alpha...but check the wiki. You may be able to buy them all from someone else. Not entirely sure.

Ok I checked... there are a couple that seem pretty good that it looks like only he sells, such as Flash Sweat and Iron Flesh, so I think I'll just pay the 66,000 soul penalty.

Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:38 am

Hulk
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:58 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
After finishing the gargoyles I noticed my heart beating out of my chest. I hope I don't have a heart attack.
This is why I love this game. It was the same thing in Demon's Souls. Being invaded and fighting a difficult boss makes my heart race. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:58 am

I love how you guys just toss 20K, 50K, 60K souls around like it is no big deal. I work my a$$ off for every 1000 souls I get. It must be nice.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:03 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
I love how you guys just toss 20K, 50K, 60K souls around like it is no big deal. I work my a$$ off for every 1000 souls I get. It must be nice.

The 66,000 soul penalty signifies the most souls I have ever had, to be sure... it's by no means a small amount. It's a couple nights worth of farming for me. The last boss fight I had was with the gargoyles on the roof top. You're much farther along than I am.

I've just been fighting those NPC's in the forest clearing area. Two of them are 2,000 souls each, the other two are 1,000 souls each. There's a good chance of you dying when fighting them, but as long as you do it right near the stairs it's easy to get your souls back.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:10 am

Use the cliff farming trick and you'll have it in no time.

I've been farming souls for purchasable items, but fighting for SL's. Figure it's a good compromise.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:30 am

Where is the forest clearing? I made it to the part with giant sleeping knights. They killed me.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:33 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
Where is the forest clearing? I made it to the part with giant sleeping knights. They killed me.

It's before that. Beyond the door with the blue stone in the middle. You need the key from the blacksmith in Undead Parish to open it. The key is 20K souls. Check out the video in the farming for souls thread. Cool
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:58 am

Oh, OK. I just need 20K souls before I can farm souls. That should take forever.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:59 am

Kill the big red dragon (...drake...) and you'll get 10,000! Then consume all of those fallen hero souls you've got in your inventory and you'll nearly be there!
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:06 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
Oh, OK. I just need 20K souls before I can farm souls. That should take forever.

Do the method in the first video from the soul farming thread. That's how I saved up for the key. Also read the posts in that thread, there's a lot of good info. As I mentioned to Kkrambo, if you start by the bonfire in the tower, kill the 3 ghouls out front, run up the ladder to the bridge and back down, that's almost 500 souls in about 2 minutes. Rest at the bonfire, rinse and repeat.

I never even killed the red drake for the 10K souls and got 20K to buy the key in two play sessions of farming. What a Face
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:14 am

I got 20K farming the ents right after that door. You not only get 300 a pass, and it's faster than farming the bridge, you also get drops for curing poison, toxic, and bleeding.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:55 am

I wish there was a way to turn off the messages on the ground without playing offline. It seems like 75% of them are by dumb a$$es who think it's such a riot to put them right at areas you need to hit PS3 xsm at like near ladders, blacksmiths, other NPC's, etc.

FU!
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:07 pm

My favorite ones are those that say, "Try jumping." at the edge of a cliff...
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:09 pm

More than one negative vote on a comment should curse the author with half HP's. study
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:58 pm

I played some at lunch. I got cursed. Now I got to raise 6K in souls. Great.

I already killed the drake and did something with the 10K, I am not sure what. So the bridge farming is out of the question.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:59 pm

mbgonzomd wrote:

I already killed the drake and did something with the 10K, I am not sure what. So the bridge farming is out of the question.

If you have any Broken Orb of the Red Eyes, which you should, give one to Snuggly the Crow and you'll get 2 cure curse stones. Smile

6K souls saved.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:03 pm

How do you give it to him?
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:08 pm

mbgonzomd wrote:
How do you give it to him?

Go to 12:15 in this video:

Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:11 pm

mbgonzomd wrote:

lol!

Welcome to the Depths!

You could also go to the new londo ruins and find the priest down there. But, I'd say it's easier to raise 6K souls...
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:19 pm

I went up to the guy in the gargoyle/church bell tower to see how much it would cost to absolve me of my sins and noticed he has the cure curse stones for sale for only 3,000 souls. So if you want to buy them you can save yourself 3K.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:19 pm

Thriller
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:09 pm

You and Mr. Page Flip need to get a room. You've been having quite the fling today.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:12 pm

We've been an item for years now. pig
Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 3:06 pm

Buddy I was borrowing the game from now wants his copy back!

FU!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next