The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
+19
mbgonzomd
KingShorty
Kekborg
_Meta_
fourthplace
Rooksarii
GeminiEffect
Mouse
Re-volution
kkrambo
R2-JD
gordho
bdwright77
Mark Sporto
AlphaShepherd
Tez
bplewis24
TyrantII
frankthetoad
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team
bdwright77

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:31 am

toadthefrank wrote:
bdwright77 wrote:
Where do you learn the pray gesture?
Church. Being a Vols fan, I imagine that you already know it.

I gave up praying a long time ago. Football gods have abandoned us.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:44 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
I just found a thread on the interwebz that says he will be there if you rest at the bonfire near the blacksmith and then back track to the tower. The one thing I didn't try last night. Mad

I tried this and several other things by my dragon is MIA too. It's funny because I can hear him when I'm at the bottom of the spiral staircase but when I get to the top there is no dragon. Did you guys get your dragon to appear?
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:47 am

kkrambo wrote:
AlphaShepherd wrote:
I just found a thread on the interwebz that says he will be there if you rest at the bonfire near the blacksmith and then back track to the tower. The one thing I didn't try last night. Mad

I tried this and several other things by my dragon is MIA too. It's funny because I can hear him when I'm at the bottom of the spiral staircase but when I get to the top there is no dragon. Did you guys get your dragon to appear?

I didn't try it out last night since I decided if it is a "glitch" to shoot him from the tower I didn't want to do it. He might be in the game later where you are supposed to kill him or something. Even if he's not, I figured I would wait until I was level 69,000 then come back to the bridge and whup his azz. Cool

You can get 10K souls from farming the garden area quite easily.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:49 am

... And I need 20,000 to buy a key to the garden from the black smith?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:55 am

Yup.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:58 am

kkrambo wrote:

Yep. I did this mostly by farming the dragon bridge area. It seems like a lot but it really didn't take that long, and I even lost 6K souls one time when I died twice.

I start at the bonfire, kill the 3 ghouls just outside the bonfire (2 sword guys and the one crossbow guy). Climb ladder, run out on the bridge, run back under when the drake triggers, then run to where the ladder is and jump down to the bonfire (won't kill you). That nets you almost 500 souls per run and it only takes a couple minutes to do the whole run.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:41 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:
kkrambo wrote:

Yep. I did this mostly by farming the dragon bridge area. It seems like a lot but it really didn't take that long, and I even lost 6K souls one time when I died twice.

I start at the bonfire, kill the 3 ghouls just outside the bonfire (2 sword guys and the one crossbow guy). Climb ladder, run out on the bridge, run back under when the drake triggers, then run to where the ladder is and jump down to the bonfire (won't kill you). That nets you almost 500 souls per run and it only takes a couple minutes to do the whole run.

What a Face

PLus if you go out the door that is on the same level as the stairs up to the dragon bridge, you can net another 180 souls plus 3 shots at a humanity with the sewer rats, for about 1 extra minute of work.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:54 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:
kkrambo wrote:
AlphaShepherd wrote:

I didn't try it out last night since I decided if it is a "glitch" to shoot him from the tower I didn't want to do it. He might be in the game later where you are supposed to kill him or something. Even if he's not, I figured I would wait until I was level 69,000 then come back to the bridge and whup his azz. Cool

You can get 10K souls from farming the garden area quite easily.

Nope. You just need to find flame resistance to finally battle him mano e mano.

It was funny watching him literally fall off the, yell, and glitch die.

there's nothing under him but a bonfire and shortcut (at least for now, not sure if something happens there later?).
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:24 pm

Once you get the pray gesture, you can pray in there and something happens, I believe...

I know this helps.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:36 pm

You have to have a Faith of 50 (or have helped folks online beat bosses...which awards you Sun Medals...that subtract your faith requirement by 5/medal) and be either in the Way of the White or Chaos Servant (not sure about this one). Then you can join a covenant in this location.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:01 pm

Sweet. Didn't know boss battling was awarding me medals. I'll have to check now.

Last edited by TyrantII on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:11 pm

Only if you defeat the boss. When you do, you're awarded a single medal. They're orange/bronze colored and I believe they're simply called "Sun Medal."
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:38 pm

And they only help towards this apparently "veteran" covenant?
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:39 pm

I have three sun medals from Gargoyle fights. You may have to summon that fat sun worshipper dude in order to get the sun medal. Oh and the gold guy that I unlocked from the prison under the gargoyles gave me one when I met him later.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:15 am

I defeated the gargoyles, the headless lightning guy, and whats-his-name the rock yesterday.

I have noticed that I get real anxious playing this game. After finishing the gargoyles I noticed my heart beating out of my chest. I hope I don't have a heart attack.

Last edited by mbgonzomd on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:23 am

I saw "Dark Souls" under BP's name on the XMB last night.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:53 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
I defeated the gargoyles, the headless lightning guy, and whats-his-name the rock yesterday.

I have noticed that I get real anxious playing this game. After finishing the gargoyles I noticed my heart beating out of my chest. I hope I don't have a heart attack.

do you find yourself, when you die, uttering, "you fuhker"?

Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:58 am

Also, these sewers you speak of, where are they?
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:59 am

Mark Sporto wrote:
mbgonzomd wrote:

do you find yourself, when you die, uttering, "you fuhker"?

this.

There is something about the souls that can potentially be lost with one dies that seems to up the ante in this game.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:02 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
Also, these sewers you speak of, where are they?

I think this might be referencing "The Depths"? The Depths is the area all the way down past the Carpa Demon. As you face the dead end with the large iron gate the door to this area will be on your right. You can open up a shortcut to it in the tower on your left which leads to the aqueduct area near Firelink.

Last edited by AlphaShepherd on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:07 am

So last night I had a real FU! moment.

I was starting The Depths area and went into the room where Laurentis is being held in that barrel. I was focusing on being very careful in breaking the barrels. I was standing waaay far away from them and using kick to break them, often missing short because I was being so careful. I broke one right in front of him which must have hit his barrel too. Mad Mad Mad

He got all p!ssy and started attacking me so I ran away. I came back and he's still pdissed at me. I was being EXTRA careful!!!

FU! FU! FU!

So now it's either kill him or pay 66,000 souls in absolution. Is he worth that? Can I buy pyromancy spells from someone else or are the ones he sells worth being absolved?

I have enough souls... I just don't know if this hyper sensitive douchebag is worth it. I mean if a single wood splinter from a barrel hit me accidentally from someone who was trying to rescue me, I wouldn't sweat it. Mad
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:14 am

So how are you suppose to break the barrel? Roll into it?
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:19 am

Yep. Roll. Always roll.

I like the pyromancy spells, Alpha...but check the wiki. You may be able to buy them all from someone else. Not entirely sure.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:20 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
So how are you suppose to break the barrel? Roll into it?

Yeah... after I messed up I went online to see if there was anything I could do. Every site always stressed to roll into the barrels because apparently you cant pdiss off an NPC by rolling into them. Which I didn't know. Mad
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:34 am

Does the key from the Capra demon unlock the depths. I got the key last night but didn't think to try it there. I summoned two souls for my Capra demon fight and really didn't have to do a thing. My boyz went to town on him while I played with the dogs.

After that I helped someone kill the moth. Below the moth I read a message that said attack this tree. So I did and it opened up a path. I love discovering sh!t like this without using the wiki. (Same thing for the hidden bonfire near there.) Although, the tree didn't fight back so I was probably supposed to buy magic acorns from it later in the game.

Then I got sandwiched by some of those Gort robots and killed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next