The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Destiny

Go down 
+24
beedubs
Mark Sporto
Hitch08
Iron Paws
imloungin
Huge Knutz
Smitty
Beans
snoots
pdiss88
ImdJenk
KingShorty
mbgonzomd
JD23
Hooligan
Re-volution
eclipz
frankthetoad
A
_Meta_
TyrantII
Jay_mb
AlphaShepherd
kkrambo
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 6:16 pm

You wouldn't if you don't like it.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 10:56 am

Loot loot loot. If you don't like games like Diablo 3, you're not gonna like this.

It's all about leveling your character and opening up the exclusive stuff like nightmare strikes and the Raid. Not like Bungie didn't warn you, they did say it was similar to a MMO. Those games where people go kill 20,000 pigs in a forest farming something or other.

That said the story is utter shizzle. I have no idea if they messed up and went with what they had, or if they never even planned on a character driven story and Activision swooped in and told them for $500 million, they better put something together.

I think it would have worked better if they just pushed the lore and some in game story telling via missions and items and tossed the character central narrative out the door. Could have kept mission / mission trees as separate contained stories. Sort of how Demons/Darks souls did it, where there's zero character driven stories and event.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 1:46 pm

Sold back to Amazon for $32

Bought Diablo III, Lords of the Fallen & Shadow of Mordor. I will be good until The Witcher and Bloodborne come out.
Back to top Go down
Iron Paws
Titty Sprinkles
Iron Paws

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 2:14 pm

I want a warhawk type game. Titan Fall has me seriously considering the Xbox one
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team
bdwright77

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 5:22 pm

Re-volution wrote:
Sold back to Amazon for $32

Bought Diablo III, Lords of the Fallen & Shadow of Mordor.  I will be good until The Witcher and Bloodborne come out.

Hrmmm. Good choices.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:05 am

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 9:13 am

Patch 1.02 made some nice changes. The drops from doing the Weekly and Daily Heroics are nice, I got a legendary engram within the first five minutes of playing a game last night and I even had a rare go legendary with the Cryptarch. I had feared that they'd nerfed legendary engram drop rates, but that didn't seem to be the case last night.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 8:53 pm

Looks like you can now look through and equip stuff through the Destiny website at bungie.net. The models also seem to be updated and closer to whats in game, although not as good looking or textured.

Still none of that functionality on the android app. Hopefully they do bring it there soon.
Back to top Go down
Iron Paws
Titty Sprinkles
Iron Paws

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:44 am

Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:33 am

I think we all can agree that that is LOL funny and pretty spot on. I'll still be playing this game for a long time though.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:58 am

Agreed. The first game in a long time (other than Demon's Souls and Fallout 3) that I know I'll be playing for months.
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 9:55 am

LOL @ the teabagging Captain!
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 10:24 am

frankthetoad wrote:
Agreed.  The first game in a long time (other than Demon's Souls and Fallout 3) that I know I'll be playing for months.

It's funny how bad the reviews and hardcore opinion is on it. I totally get being disappointed that the marketing was pure bullshizzle dizzle and the charicter driven story an after thought... but damn, the gameplay and fun I'm having with you guys. Ultimately the game also isn't bad or broken upon release like so many.

Could it have been more / better? Yup! But I'm getting my $60 out of it as far as I'm concerned. Loot hunting and taking on the Raid, daily, and weekly challenges together is fun stuff.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 10:48 am

I've certainly gotten my money's worth and then some. I do hope that they add more locations, and I assume they will in December, but they have added new content- Queen's Wrath, Iron Banner....but they're the same locations.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 11:04 am

That is one of my fears. With the DLC I want to see new locations. I don't want to be playing new missions in the same areas we've been running around in for the past few months.

That one glitch video someone posted with the new missions, I can't see that being the DLC since they were all on the same locations (i.e. Earth, Moon, etc). I'll need to look at the video again.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 11:29 am

They were on the Earth and Moon, but I thought they were in new locations on the Earth and Moon. I'd be fine with that, but I do want to see Mercury or a Jovian moon or something. I'm still convinced we will.

This game runs near flawlessly. The community will stay as long as fresh content is promised. And because of that, I expect them to release it.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 1:54 pm

I think the only new location is a strike / vault in the asteroid belt. The rest are new areas of the same planets / moon.

The cards on the website have placeholders for Jupiter, Saturn, and mention Mercury though
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 1:30 pm

Back to top Go down
JD23
JD23

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 8:15 am

Tried PvP for the first time yesterday; it's pretty much all shotgun one-hit kills, special ability one-hit kills, and melees.  Anyone like Crucible?

Last edited by JD23 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 9:52 am

Nope. I'm getting my crucible rep to lvl 3 and never going back.

Next patch is supposed to severely nerf shotgun range and increase the scout riffles. Won't fix the lag or punish the lag switchers though.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 10:40 am

Is lag switching really a thing, or do you think your experience is because of your internet service?

I've admittedly only played Crucible a handful of times, but I only experienced a very little amount of lag. I need to try some of the other game modes.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 10:57 am

I think I can tell who's just lagging and who is probably switching.  If you're jumping around right when you come up against me, but not other times, and you are not jumping around and I can easily and normally take you down when I flank you and you don't see me, I get suspicious. It doesn't happen often, but I have noticed it with some top scorers every now and then.  They move around the screen normally, unless under fire and attacking and boom it's lag/ghost city.  They they run away on the kill cam normally.

I've been not so quick to think most are switching, but I've heard from several AVS'ers that were big on XBox the last few generations that Bungie games were rampant with them since the HALO days.  So guessing Destiny might have brought them over

A lot of it is just normal lag though. Crucible was working much better for me in the Beta and first few weeks. It's a lag show 90% of the time now.
Back to top Go down
JD23
JD23

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:44 am

I actually didn't mind Crucible in the Beta, but I'm not sure whether that's because people hadn't learned all of the one-hit kill exploits yet, or the servers were handling the player load more effectively.
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:59 am

I enjoy Crucible, although I've been focusing more on PvE elements in recent weeks. No lag for me, although I have run into 2 people who were practically unkillable, just ghosting around all over the screen.

I do wish there was a Crucible mode with no supers though.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 7:33 am

Is ranking up on crucible or vanguard solely related to completing bounties?

I feel like I have played a lot of both of these, yet I am still level 0. To buy something from those dudes I need to be level 2 or 3. Seems a long way away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 17 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next