The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
+19
mbgonzomd
KingShorty
Kekborg
_Meta_
fourthplace
Rooksarii
GeminiEffect
Mouse
Re-volution
kkrambo
R2-JD
gordho
bdwright77
Mark Sporto
AlphaShepherd
Tez
bplewis24
TyrantII
frankthetoad
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:43 am

I have lots stored up too... I started using them to restore my humanity then upping my humanity score when I was farming goos for upgrade stones. Then I noticed that when I used one to increase my humanity the corresponding drop rate stat increase was very, very small... so I quit using them for that purpose.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:16 am

Gestures?

Do they serve any purpose?

(yes, I am just full of questions this AM).
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:19 am

Watching the speed run videos, it seem the combustion spell is the most powerful weapon available.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:24 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
Why is it when I watch videos of this game people have like 12 humanity on their thing in the upper left and I always have zero?

Am I suppose to spend more time unhollowed? I have played 99% of the game in the dead state. Other than having people help me and getting invaded, are there other reasons to be undead?

I have a fair amount of unused humanities in storage. Should I hold on to them or should I start using them to become undead?
When you see the number of humanities in the top left, that doesn't necessarily mean the person is unhollowed. People consume humanity (filling that top left area) in order to increase their rare drop rate. It is a positive effect up to 30 humanities. You have to consume them to be able to Reverse Hollowing at a bonfire and to Kindle it. Remember, kindling increases the number of Estus Flasks you receive when you rest at a bonfire- up to 20.

With the Golden Covetous Serpent Ring (or whatever it's called) and 30 humanities in the top left, you've maximized your rare drop rate. This is useful when farming for more humanities, rare upgrade stone drops, souvenirs of reprisal, black eyes of death, rare weapon drops.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:25 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
Gestures?

Do they serve any purpose?

(yes, I am just full of questions this AM).

They're only good for emoting your intentions in co-op. I have yet to see someone fail to use bow immediately after being summoned (I also always do this).
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:56 am

Great combustion has been my go to spell lately. It's fast and as damaging as the fireballs, you just have to be in close range.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:30 pm

When you say great combustion is that different than the combustion spell? I have upgraded my pyromancy to level 7. I assume my fire stuff gets more powerful with higher pyromancy, right?
Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:01 pm

Mission for this weekend:

Get Quelaags Fury Choas sword (upgrading a curved sword and use her soul)
Get my lightening spear to +5
See if I can get my pyromancy above +8. The guy in firelink is gone and I accidentally the whole thing on the poor guy in the chaos covenant place. I only have one more option that may not be there anymore...

Once I get this done, I'm going to help the sh!t out of people on the boss for londo or or whatever the f'k it's called.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:08 pm

mbgonzomd wrote:
When you say great combustion is that different than the combustion spell? I have upgraded my pyromancy to level 7. I assume my fire stuff gets more powerful with higher pyromancy, right?

Yep... it's a different spell Mule. I have the plain old "combustion" spell but have not gotten to the area yet where I can get the "Great Combustion" spell.
Back to top Go down
powerbroker
Bieber Fanboy
powerbroker

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:46 am

NG+ is almost too easy, I almost want to start over with a magic caster
Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:48 am

Kekborg wrote:
Mission for this weekend:

Get Quelaags Fury Choas sword (upgrading a curved sword and use her soul)
Get my lightening spear to +5
See if I can get my pyromancy above +8. The guy in firelink is gone and I accidentally the whole thing on the poor guy in the chaos covenant place. I only have one more option that may not be there anymore...

Once I get this done, I'm going to help the sh!t out of people on the boss for londo or or whatever the f'k it's called.

quelaags sword - done
lightening spear - +3 (need more titanite chunks)
Pyromancy above +8 - not possible per my accidentally the whole thing.

Need to find titanite chunks Mad
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:30 pm

powerbroker wrote:
NG+ is almost too easy, I almost want to start over with a magic caster
Agreed. I'm already at the boss in Anor Londo. Could use some help if you're around there....
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 8:45 am

I can't beat the Quelaag bitch! I summon Matilda the Maneater and she is worthless. I waited like 10 minutes to summmon someone else and no dice. I'm level 63 now and still getting my a$$ kicked. I can get her down to about 1/2 hp and that is all.

I want her DED
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 8:53 am

You're not using fire or fire stat weapons on her, right? She won't take any fire damage.

I'd summon two others and not bother with maneater, but at 63 might be hard... most are around 40 for her. Do you have the magic weapon buff? What about the sweat priomancy to add flame resistance.

Look at your armor and equip whatever increases your fire resistance. If you have the dragon crest shield it'll also block 100% physical and 90% fire damage; which helps because her attacks are primarily fire damage.

Last learn her attacks. It's very easy to get around her, swipe 2-3 time, then retreat. She tends to go after the unhollowed more, so you can lure her around letting the others go to town on her. Go right to her from the bonfire, make sure it was kindled to get 10 healths, and also keep an eye on your phantom buddies. Drink up to heal them when they get below 2/3 health. If you can keep 2 of em alive, you can usually not fight at all and just let them take her out while you provide the health.

watch out for her AOE blast attack. Hard to see when behind her, but she will stop moving, and crouch down rubbing the spiderhead. Run away!
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:07 am

New Londo is scary.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:14 am

hack at the fire bitch right after she vomits (2-3 swings with drake sword). Otherwise shield up and back away circling her. If you get hit break lock on and run away. Wait for her to do some move, then refresh with estus. You should be able to beat her without any help.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 12:06 pm

TyrantII wrote:
You're not using fire or fire stat weapons on her, right? She won't take any fire damage.

I'd summon two others and not bother with maneater, but at 63 might be hard... most are around 40 for her. Do you have the magic weapon buff? What about the sweat priomancy to add flame resistance.

Look at your armor and equip whatever increases your fire resistance. If you have the dragon crest shield it'll also block 100% physical and 90% fire damage; which helps because her attacks are primarily fire damage.

Last learn her attacks. It's very easy to get around her, swipe 2-3 time, then retreat. She tends to go after the unhollowed more, so you can lure her around letting the others go to town on her. Go right to her from the bonfire, make sure it was kindled to get 10 healths, and also keep an eye on your phantom buddies. Drink up to heal them when they get below 2/3 health. If you can keep 2 of em alive, you can usually not fight at all and just let them take her out while you provide the health.

watch out for her AOE blast attack. Hard to see when behind her, but she will stop moving, and crouch down rubbing the spiderhead. Run away!

mbgonzomd wrote:
hack at the fire bitch right after she vomits (2-3 swings with drake sword). Otherwise shield up and back away circling her. If you get hit break lock on and run away. Wait for her to do some move, then refresh with estus. You should be able to beat her without any help.

Yeah, I was level 39 when I was trying to battle her. Used 5 humanity on that bitch and never got a soul sign other than the Maneater's. So, I got pdissed and farmed about 200,000 souls. Went up to like level 60 or so, bought the sweat piromancy and leveled my wanderer's armor up to +5 for better fire resistance. I'm going back in tonight to test out the new me on that coont.

Thanks for the tips as I just needed some moral support. I think I'm going Mule's route. I've beat every Demon on my own so far. Why quit now lol!
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Like I said, her attacks mostly are pure fire damage, so finding clothing that has the highest dmg reduction for fire will be better than armor most of the time. Ditto with a shield.

Her most annoying attacks are the butt fire shake, and the AOE explosion; but as said both have very noticeable jesters before they are used. It's hard not to want to go in and just button mash, but you really need to use a attack / retreat strategy.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:52 am

Are trades with Snuggly one time deals? In other words, can I keep feeding him purple moss to get a bunch of twinkly titanite?
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:53 am

Also, the dude who you can trade with in the sewers. He is gone. Where did he go?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:57 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
Are trades with Snuggly one time deals? In other words, can I keep feeding him purple moss to get a bunch of twinkly titanite?

One time only. There's supposed to be a way to glitch this, but I'm not sure how that works.

mbgonzomd wrote:
Also, the dude who you can trade with in the sewers. He is gone. Where did he go?

You mean the guy in the Depths right before the door to access Blighttown? He's hidden under the bridge/aqueduct in Firelink. You know the one you go inside to access Undead Burg? He's below it...you have to roll/jump to get there. I have no idea how to get back without dying....
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:40 am

If it's where that ring also was, you can simply jump from the lowest ledge there and back. The one with the aggressive sword/shield hollow knight, below the firebomber.
Back to top Go down
_Meta_
Bonerfart
_Meta_

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:07 am

Dark Souls for Swimmers You'd fit right in
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:00 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
fourthplace
Bieber Fanboy
fourthplace

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:52 am

Bah! Nothing ever drops for me!

No Black Knight swords or Halbreds, was really hoping for one!
Anyone else have luck with the black knights?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next