The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
+19
mbgonzomd
KingShorty
Kekborg
_Meta_
fourthplace
Rooksarii
GeminiEffect
Mouse
Re-volution
kkrambo
R2-JD
gordho
bdwright77
Mark Sporto
AlphaShepherd
Tez
bplewis24
TyrantII
frankthetoad
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
powerbroker
Bieber Fanboy
powerbroker

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:13 pm

frank, you can backstab with the lightning spear, its just a bit harder as the hitbox is so much smaller with that weapon, and my server is +10 with 299phys/299fire damage and the +7hp per hit. I am going to get 30 humanity, then kill the blacksmiths then any other NPC's I don't like and then head for NG+ I think
Back to top Go down
powerbroker
Bieber Fanboy
powerbroker

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Also any of you guys looking to farm humanity for whatever reason... I've been killing the baby skeletons in that level of suck known as Tomb of Giants, nice part is that they respawn constantly, so in about 1.5 hours time I've managed to farm about 200k souls (at 124 souls a piece LOL), and 80 humanity. Its tricky because you have to immediately pick up the item otherwise it quickly dissipates and you can't loot it. I think its because they respawn so quickly or something, but use a sweeping stroke weapon so you can bunch them up and kill like 10 at a time in one swing. Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
_Meta_
Bonerfart
_Meta_

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:55 pm

You are the powerbroker!
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 6:34 am

Started through NG+ last night. As with comments on the game itself, NG+ isn't as bad as has been reported. Enemies have slightly more HP and do slightly more damage...but I haven't noticed that the AI is any different.

I quickly took out the Asylum Demon, Taurus Demon, Red Hellkite Drake, Gargoyles, and Capra Demon. I also dispatched all the black knights along the way. Sif tore me a new one, but I only tried him once.

One very important thing to remember- if you haven't yet used a boss soul at the blacksmith, do not start NG. You lose all your boss souls, embers, and keys. I lost Smough's soul. Mad

Going to try and take out everybody else tonight. I made sure I was well stocked before starting NG, so I should be able to coast through most of it.

It was pretty funny running around in Asylum with my Havel Armor, Lightning Spear +5, and Shield of Astoria +2. There wasn't much stopping me!
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:20 am

Are there other blacksmiths besides the hamming guy and the guy in the cell. It seems like I have a lot of special stuff, but I am not getting many upgrade options.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:27 am

Well, you have to get embers for the special upgrades, but you have to give them to the right blacksmith...you can't give them to the wrong ones.

There are two more blacksmiths- one in the Catacombs...he does fire/chaos upgrades, and one in Anor Londo....he does boss soul upgrades.

The first blacksmith you met does the majority of the upgrades...
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:29 am

When they ask me for embers I always say yes... is that a bad thing?

Also the first I met was the guy in the jail... is that the one or the hammering dude?
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:30 am

also, how do you do this "invade the fire keeper slayer's world thing?" Just use the item or do you need to be at a certain place to do it?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:45 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
When they ask me for embers I always say yes... is that a bad thing?

Also the first I met was the guy in the jail... is that the one or the hammering dude?
No, it's not a bad thing. Always give them the embers if they ask. Sorry, the hammering dude is the one that does the majority of your upgrades. The guy in the cell does the magic/enchanted upgrades.

mbgonzomd wrote:
also, how do you do this "invade the fire keeper slayer's world thing?" Just use the item or do you need to be at a certain place to do it?
When you get to Anor Londo, right before the boss fog, the first time you're in that room a message will pop up saying something weird. Anytime after that you can use the stone you picked up in front of the firekeeper's cell to invade the guy that killed her. When you do, and kill him, you'll get her soul back, his armor, a sweet ring, and 5 humanities. Take the soul back to where her cell is and it'll give you the option to return it. Do so, and she comes back to life and the bonfire is relit.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:58 am

i've got a special ember that the first blacksmith said looked cool but that he couldn't do anything with it and that i should give it to someone else. i nearly killed sif last night. twice. still haven't fought capra or the hydra. where are they??

edit: or should i just consult my hardback strategy guide... Rolling Eyes

Shaking My Head @ me.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:12 am

Yeah, the guide might be just a little bit helpful....

Capra is in the Undead Basement. Hydra is in the lake in Darkroot Basin.
Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:23 am

Anor Londo. Many rage quits yesterday trying to get past the two archers (if you have already been past this part, you know what I'm talking about...if not, you soon will). I must had died 20 times before I made it. Got to where I could quickly get past some of the baddies just so I could make another attempt. Went to talk to the blacksmith hoping he could take my falchion to +10.

Here is the thing. I got it to +5, and now it does not show up on the list to take it to +6 (or above). I need to get it to +10 so I can make the quelaag sword. Do I need to go back to the guy I gave the ambers to and have him get it to +10? Will I still be able to make the quelaag sword?

Oh, by the way, throwing down your white soap stone and helping others is the way to go. I did this multiple times last night on the boss stage in Anor Londo. Never did kill the boss. That one you absoutly have to have three. Even with three on multiple occasions (helping others), we only got one killed and either I died or the guy the summoned us died.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:26 am

Thanks toad!
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:32 am

Kekborg wrote:
Here is the thing. I got it to +5, and now it does not show up on the list to take it to +6 (or above). I need to get it to +10 so I can make the quelaag sword. Do I need to go back to the guy I gave the ambers to and have him get it to +10? Will I still be able to make the quelaag sword?

When you get a weapon to +5, you then go to "Modify Equipment" selection in the blacksmith menu. This is the branch where you can take a weapon on a status route (divine, magic, fire, lightning, etc.), or take it to +6 on the standard route. Once you do that, you go back into "Reinforce Weapon." Then you'll be able to go Falchion +7, Divine Falchion +1, etc.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:38 am

I created a "raw" long bow. Is that any good?
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:38 am

toadthefrank wrote:
Kekborg wrote:

When you get a weapon to +5, you then go to "Modify Equipment" selection in the blacksmith menu. This is the branch where you can take a weapon on a status route (divine, magic, fire, lightning, etc.), or take it to +6 on the standard route. Once you do that, you go back into "Reinforce Weapon." Then you'll be able to go Falchion +7, Divine Falchion +1, etc.

You will also start needing the larger pieces of titanite, etc. if you want to go higher than +5. study
Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:39 am

toadthefrank wrote:
Kekborg wrote:

Tried that. It don't show up under any menu's for the big blacksmith. I'm thinking I need to go back to the undead parish and have that guy do it?
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:47 am

Toad and others,

so far I have used the drake sword. I have a magic haberd and a raw long bow. I also just go the lightning spear. I have upgraded very little else. I am packing a lot of stones. What would you recommend I try to build that will be better than what I currently have?

Also, is there any reason to get a shield to have magic or fire, etc? Does the enemy get take damage if they hit my magic shield?
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:47 am

Kekborg wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:
Kekborg wrote:

Tried that. It don't show up under any menu's for the big blacksmith. I'm thinking I need to go back to the undead parish and have that guy do it?

Quote :
All Blacksmiths give the option to downgrade back to Normal +5 or , if from an elemental state, back to it's Normal state.

Weapon smithbox & Armor smithbox: Normal upgrades available at your bonfire. (Purchase from Andrei)
Note: After your weapon reaches +5/10, select MODIFY EQUIPMENT to proceed to +6/11 orSpecial +1/5. The weapon will then return to the normal list

Blacksmith Andrei Special: Raw Weapons to +15; Divine Weapons to +10; Occult Weapons to +5

Blacksmith Rickert of Vinheim Special: Magic Weapons to +10; Enchanted Weapons to +5;

Giant Blacksmith Special: Lightning Weapons to +5, Crystal Weapons to +5, Uses Boss souls to create Unique Weapons.

Blacksmith Vamos Special: Fire Weapons to +10; Chaos Weapons to +5

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:48 am

Kekborg wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:
Kekborg wrote:

If you can't go from +5 to +6, it means you haven't found the large ember and given it to the blacksmith. You need that to go up from +5 and the very large ember to go from +10 to +15. Just like the magic, enchanted, fire, chaos, and very large magic embers...
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:52 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
Toad and others,

so far I have used the drake sword. I have a magic haberd and a raw long bow. I also just go the lightning spear. I have upgraded very little else. I am packing a lot of stones. What would you recommend I try to build that will be better than what I currently have?

Also, is there any reason to get a shield to have magic or fire, etc? Does the enemy get take damage if they hit my magic shield?
Start upgrading your lightning spear. I'm on NG+ and it's almost the only thing I use. It does great damage and has a super fast animation. Take it to +5.

Just find a shield that has a 100% on physical damage, good stability, and decent stats on magic, fire, and lightning. I'd focus more on fire and ligntning...you'll face very few magic attacks unless you get invaded a lot by other players.

I use the Shield of Artorias that can be made by the blacksmith in Anor Londo from a shield +10 and Sif's soul. It's amazing.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:17 am

Is that shield one of the rare weapons? You used sif's soul for it! I assumed you needed that soul for three other items.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:26 am

It's one of the three. The other two are interestingly both called Greatsword of Artorias. One is cursed, the other isn't.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:32 am

Why is it when I watch videos of this game people have like 12 humanity on their thing in the upper left and I always have zero?

Am I suppose to spend more time unhollowed? I have played 99% of the game in the dead state. Other than having people help me and getting invaded, are there other reasons to be undead?

I have a fair amount of unused humanities in storage. Should I hold on to them or should I start using them to become undead?
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:41 am

I have too, Mule. Don't worry. I think people either do a better job of not dying, farming humanity, or use their collected humanity to help with rare drops (it increases your drop rate), so that when they're making these videos they generally have a higher stat than normal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next