The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raiders of the Vault of Glass

Go down 
+7
Smitty
mbgonzomd
JD23
TyrantII
eclipz
kkrambo
frankthetoad
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:38 am

Right, their clan doesn't show up in the search. I had to find it by searching for a member. But the alliance request doesn't show under interactions. I think they have private privacy settings and maybe that's why they're not searchable or allianceable.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 2:33 am

This thing is kicking our butts but that's going to make it even sweeter when we finally beat a raid.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 7:26 am

So are you guys orchestrating everyone getting on at the same time? I suspect that is challenging with 6 people. Or can people who did not start the raid jump in later?
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 7:40 am

You do not need the same 6 people when you go back in. We went back last night with Ace instead of Tyrant and it put us at our checkpoint. And then Simulator dropped out and Bytehoven from AVS joined us.

We don't have enough fire power to kill the Templar in time. We need bigger guns. EXPLOSIONS!!!!

I was using a rare rocket launcher last night and that probably didn't help. I will go back to my exotic machine gun. The problem with the machine gun is I have to stay on target and the Templar targets me quickly.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 10:01 am

Circle straffing seems to work well if you have the room. After the first few shots the AI tends to lead a target to get a few hits in, but circle straffing breaks it a bit.

that and always realizing you need to run away 1 second ebfore you want to. Dying will take you out of the fight for atleast the next shield drop, so don't do it. you're better off alive and shooting, then skipping a round.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 2:20 pm

Still level 20. FML.

suicide
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 2:33 pm

TyrantII wrote:

Ok, we did it, right?

How were you able to remove our names and the HUD elements from this picture?
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 2:33 pm

For the final stage of the Templar fight, there's a pretty cheesy safe spot if you're into that sort of thing. There's a tall, skinny stone formation on the west (sort of north-west) that the entire group can stand on. Everybody stays behind the natural cover, waits for the relic-carrier to drop the shield, unloads into the boss until the shield is back up, hides, repeat. Easy cleansing here, and the adds don't seem to bother you.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

So no need to go after the Oracles?
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 2:56 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
So no need to go after the Oracles?

Nope. Cleansing is easy since everybody is already grouped up together. All you have to do is stay behind the natural cover until the relic-carrier's super is up, pew pew when the Templar's shield is down, and call out when the group is marked so you can get cleansed. Probably a good idea to have some ammo packs on you though.

Also, his enrage didn't seem to make any difference to us.
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Found a video that shows where it is. It's a pretty tricky jump, but all 6 of us managed to get up there. However, we didn't have a warlock in the group so I'm not quite sure how that would work.

You can skip right to the 0:40 second mark:
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 3:12 pm

A warlock should be able to make that jump....maybe not with the relic, though. I have noticed, the few times I've held the relic, that your jump height and distance is diminished.
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 4:19 pm

Referencing the same video, it was a lot easier to make the last jump from where he lands at 1:08 (you can get a running start), rather than jumping from where he is at 1:12.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 11:31 am

Updated the Raiders. If you're interested in being part of the Raid, post here and I'll add you to the first post. This way when folks are down a man or two, we'll know who to invite.
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 1:23 pm

My availability is on and off, but throw my name on that list too.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 1:20 pm

Are we raiding tonight? I should be available.
I've upgraded my guns and I'm hoping to buy a legendary rocket launcher and/or something from Xur.
I still need some partners to do the Nightfall strike too.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 1:29 pm

That is the plan. I can't believe it's Friday already. This week has flown by.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 2:44 pm

Yep. Somewhere around 930-10 CDT.

Xur is currently selling what is arguably the best sniper rifle in the game. The Ice Breaker for 17 Strange Coins. It has solar damage.
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 9:55 am

Atheon is terrible. My group spent a solid 2.5-3 hours on him last night and could not down him.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 4:14 pm

We did the same last night and then I found a way to solo him with what some might call an exploit.

Destiny Glitches: How To Beat Atheon Solo! Beat A…: https://youtu.be/wI4Z74gfrTs
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 10:27 am

kkrambo, will you help me finish up Atheon tonight for the fellas that didn't get it yet? You need Sunsinger with Solar Grenades and the perk that allows you to carry two grenades at once. I believe your Voidfang Vestments spawn you with full grenades, right?

Here's a link to what we're doing. I've now done it twice, but that was from 20+ attempts. There's certainly luck involved. Tonight is the last night we'll have our checkpoint at Atheon.

Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 10:54 am

I will try to help but there's a chance I won't make it online tonight. I have some other plans and they may go too late.

After you defeat Atheon do you still have the checkpoint there?

Do you just need me for the extra grenades? or because I still have the checkpoint?

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 10:59 am

Others still have the checkpoint (I do not). I just figured if you and I both were doing it, that we'd be a lot more efficient with four grenades...to back up the other person when they screw it up (i.e., me).

I'll still try to do it for those that still need it.

Here's a titan doing it, though it requires a chest piece that grants two grenades (not sure, but I'd bet it's an exotic titan chest piece).

Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 12:36 pm

I'd love to get in on that Atheon kill if you guys have room.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 12:57 pm

Do I have you on my friends list? If not, send me an invite tonight. I know Tyrant won't be on, so we should have a spot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Raiders of the Vault of Glass
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next