The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raiders of the Vault of Glass

Go down 
+7
Smitty
mbgonzomd
JD23
TyrantII
eclipz
kkrambo
frankthetoad
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 1:17 pm

Nicely done, sir! I didn't see that it had text editing options.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 8:20 am

That is awesome. I was like WTF did he just say "hi mule?"
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 12:04 pm

He did! Mule
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 10:35 am

Titans can not cheese Atheon off the front ledge by themselves. I tried a bunch last night and you need at least 4 grenades. I can get him up the small hill and walking into thin air but Titans don't have enough grenades to keep pushing him towards the Mars portal where he would fall off.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 3:05 pm

I'm up for Raiding tonight at 9:30 CST if we can get enough guys together.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 3:11 pm

I'll raid if we've got enough. If not, I could be persuaded to do the weekly/nightfall if a third (or second) is needed.

If none of the above, I may see what Titanfall is all about.
Back to top Go down
tick0201
Bieber Fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 6:02 pm

I wanna raid,,,i hope I can get on by then.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 11:03 am

Man, you guys don't know how bad I want to be able to get through the raid in one night. Hearing about how some teams can go through a normal raid (start to finish) in 45 minutes makes me want to get to that point.

One guy "shadowmosesisle" said his team can get through the hard raid in about 1 1/2 hours. Of course they're all level 30 and have 3 sets of raid gear.

All of our gear and weapons should be maxed out by now if not almost there.  I'll be working on my alternate character but if we can get enough guys each night I wouldn't mind practicing the raid on normal until we can do it flawlessly.
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 11:53 am

I did it by my self at level 26 in ten minutes.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 12:11 pm

Do you like to do it yourself? LOL

It was actually quite funny last night. We had too many people to raid. With people jumping in and out to get the hard raid oracle checkpoint. I didn't mind it but it did eat up a bit of time.

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:42 pm

W.T.F. I could have jumped in and gotten the checkpoint? I was ready to rock and you said you guys were full. Turned it off and played the tutorial in Titanfall.

I would have loved to grab that checkpoint. Sad
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 2:30 pm

I'm sure someone still has it with their alternate character. I'm pretty sure mobius has it.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 3:25 pm

:foreveralone:
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 3:43 pm

Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 PhotoNov1214033PM
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 4:20 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
I would have loved to grab that checkpoint.  Sad

I messaged Mobius. He'll give it to you tonight. NTTAWWT

We've got your back bro.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 4:35 pm

You're luck you talked to him. I was about to lose my only Canadian friend.

Smile
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 12:29 pm

So Mobius still has the Hard oracle checkpoint but I couldn't get it off him late last night. The two of us were there at it but my character wouldn't take it.  

It seems that if you've passed a certain area you can't go back and get the checkpoint for it. Every time I tried it kept taking me to the Atheon checkpoint that we got to on Tuesday night.

What was odd is that even if I tried to restart the Raid (you can either resume or restart) it still took me to the Atheon checkpoint so I don't know if something was messed up. Or maybe you need a full group to do it. Not sure.

Toad, you will probably need to get it off him next time you see him.  

Also, seeing comments like this make me wonder what we're doing wrong at the Atheon part. We all have the experience. We need to be able to beat him in one run.

Quote :
Thanks to everybody who participated in the raid tonight. Especially all the East Coasters who stayed up. Half our team were either noobs or had only been through the raid once. Most had little relic experience. But we pulled through eventually and got it done right before midnight.
Back to top Go down
fourthplace
Bieber Fanboy
fourthplace

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 1:14 pm

EEEEEASYYYY MODE LAST NIGHT
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 1:17 pm

Killing time lords is fun.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 3:36 pm

Hell of a run. Less than an hour. Sweetness.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 12:30 pm

I think this weekend was a game changer for most of us. It seems like we were finally able to get over that hump that's been holding us back as we learn the intricacies of each section and how to get through them efficently. Most of us were able to beat Atheon legitimately once or twice.

By far the biggest stumbling block was Atheon and with the tips from Fourthplace on how to manage the relic we should be able to handle the portals much better. I would like to get more practice with the relic on the final fight as we should have a few capable people who are comfortable with it. That way we aren't loosing seconds while we decide who it going to pick it up.

- Remember the relic holder should make his way down the side path (both portals).

- On the future portal (Mars) don't throw grenades.
  -- let the relic holder do his jump smash. (X then R2)

I've felt that one of the other people in the portal should help after his initial jump smash. Then go back to oracles. One person can take out the initial oracle that spawns at the top of the stairs. I know fourthplace can handle all the hobgobins in the Mars portal but until we're that good a little help would be nice.

- On the past portal (Venus) throw a couple grenades.
 --One player should also help take out the praetorian. I prefer to use the heavy (machine gun).

The players on the outside should kill all the harpies they can. Staying on top of the sync plate pillars or jumping on top of the portal or higher pillars. I prefer to have people on both sides. A three people on the outside do not have to be on one side. You can manage harpies from either side.

With Times of Vengeance everyone heads to the center platform.
- Stay away from the left side where the small pillar is. Splash damage will kill you.
- I will only use weapons of light in the last couple seconds to give the players a bit of a shield while we scatter.

On normal it should only take three teleports to kill Atheon.

One last point. Don't die. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 12:41 pm

Also, center platform do not bump the relic holder or his shield comes down. Best to back away if you need to move to get a shot. Bumping another player can also cause them to bump the relic holder. Just be aware of it, cause if the shield goes down we're toast.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 12:56 pm

When I ran the relic, the smash ( PS3 xsm then R2) was the only attack I used and two or three of those did the trick for me.  I was not double jumping, just a single  PS3 xsm .  The smash attack and holding L1 to cleanse/shield is all you really need to do.  But the other attacks are probably handy.  The Sword of Crota has the same attacks so you can practice the relic by doing that mission.

It's disorienting when exiting the portal.  If you were teleported to the left side (Mars/desert), turn left when exiting the portal in order to go to the center.  And when exiting from the right side (Venus/jungle), turn right to go to the center.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 1:51 pm

What exactly happens when you turn the wrong way? When I did the vault everyone was yelling at me so I went the right way (most of the time), and never really go a sense of what the wrong way does.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 2:04 pm

Nothing happens if you turn the wrong way. It only takes you longer to get to the center platform since you have to turn around.

Also from AVS;

Quote :
Well, I missed out on the hard mode oracle checkpoint run tonight so I posted up on destiny lfg and ran normal mode on my alt. Hooked up with a group that had a level 24, another player with no microphone, and a level 29 that was letting his 11 year old play.

Despite all that, we had a fast run with only a couple of hiccups at Atheon. Ended up with raid chest and legs. Not too bad. ;-)

And here's me getting shards and chatterwhite from my raids.

Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 Ffuuu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Raiders of the Vault of Glass
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next