The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raiders of the Vault of Glass

Go down 
+7
Smitty
mbgonzomd
JD23
TyrantII
eclipz
kkrambo
frankthetoad
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Raiders of the Vault of Glass Empty
PostSubject: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 12:08 pm

Level 26+ people interested in weekly Raids (usually done on the weekend):

1. frankthetoad
2. Tyrant
3. eclipz
4. kkrambo
5. Benjamins
6. snoots

Others available and interested in raiding- acelightning, Gem-AhhB (imloungin alias), Bytehoven and other AVS folks.

LET'S DO THIS!!!!

Ok, we did it, right?

Last edited by frankthetoad on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:57 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 1:09 pm

I want to play. I just need to buy some purple boots and that will put me to level 27.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 1:21 pm

Does the Queen's ticket missions give boots? I know she does helmets, chest, and gauntlets, right?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 1:22 pm

Would grommyfrog be interested in playing it with us? That would give us 5. I think Tyrant can probably find one more.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 1:33 pm

When Benny is leveled up enough I'm sure he'd help.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 1:36 pm

I know he'll be in, but he probably won't be ready until next week. Benny, what level are you?
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 1:51 pm

He's almost halfway through 24.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 2:13 pm

I have only gotten helmets and chest pieces from the queen. I've been waiting for boots but I have enough marks to buy boots.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 2:41 pm

Well, that's what marks are for!
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 6:40 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
Does the Queen's ticket missions give boots?  I know she does helmets, chest, and gauntlets, right?

No gloves. Boots and gloves seem to be very rare crucible rewards, raid rewards, and nightfall rewards. Otherwise it seems you have to buy them or get luck with a random engram drop.

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Well, he's got the Vanguard marks. I got my boots and gauntlets from my Vanguard.
Back to top Go down
JD23
Zombie outbreak response team
JD23

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 8:17 pm

I'm level 4.  I should be at 27 pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 7:44 am

I broke down and bought boots. It's difficult for me because I've been conditioned by many years of video gaming experience that the stuff available from vendors is crap and you're better off waiting for an exciting loot drop.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 5:32 pm

kkrambo wrote:
I broke down and bought boots.  It's difficult for me because I've been conditioned by many years of video gaming experience that the stuff available from vendors is crap and you're better off waiting for an exciting loot drop.  

It is crap, but you need it to progress.

Upgrade the first few defense paths to add more light to them, but I'd hold off when they start to require "accention materials". You should be able to get to 26-27 without fully upgrading it, and it's better to save those materials for the better legendary or exotic gear you get later from level 28 stuff and the raid.

This is done because raid legendary and some rare 28 drops have higher defense and can be upgraded up to light +30. The level 20 vanilla stuff you buy or get in crucible only goes up to light +27
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 9:19 am

As we were about to give up for the night, i started jumping into and even over the shielded templar. That gave me an idea. When it is located near the center, which is one of the lower points, i think you could jump from our starting point or the sides and shoot a rocket over its shield and down onto its head. Don't jump too close though because it will be an insta-death if it targets you.

The bong from the oracles is directional. With my headphones I could usually locate them by sound.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 10:46 am

Ok, we did it, right?

I think the shield is really just a visual cue, even though it looks open on the top he's still invulnerable while it's up.  I had tried sniping his head peeking out from an angle above before to no avail.

Long read, but a good description of whats going on in the sub phases and some strategy on how to tackle it / roles everyone can play:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/destiny/247017-destiny-vault-glass-raid-walkthrough.html

So the restraining shields he puts on you are line of sight (not sure if that is if he had spotted you and is looking your way (aggression focus), or if it's a real line of sight); but it sounds like we should all hide behind cover when the relic holder is taking down the shields.  Relic holder yells out down only when it is actually down and we throw everything we got at him.  One thing I noticed last night is my void heavy machine gun was cutting through those restraining shields like butter.  It also made mince meat of the minotaurs shields.

I read the Queens Wrath missions that take place on earth tend to drop a powerful void sniper riffle if anyone wants to take that random chance.  Venus and Mars missions tend to drop the same helmet and chest pieces.

Last, Light level increases your defense but does not increase your attack power.  Attack power is only decreased if you're under leveled because enemies higher defense is negating it (say you're level 25, playing a level 28 mission).  So while increasing your light level will help defense against the Templars/adds attacks, you really need to max out some really good rare, legendary, and exotic weapons to do more DPS.  The key is to never get to the enrage phase 8 min in.

All in all we did a lot better than the first RAID I played with the AVS'ers.  6.5 hours there to beat the Templar, and we almost did it in 3.5!  Jut opening the valut was tough with them.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 1:26 pm

Here is the last couple minutes of the first stage of the Vault of Glass.  Benny and I are covering one of three pads that unlock the gate.  Tyrant and Eclipse are at another and Toad and Simulator are at another.  The last minotaur disappears once the vault is open.

Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 7:55 am

I want to do this. But my friends will never do it again. Great.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 8:05 am

We'll be doing it every week! It would be good to have more people eligible to do it. That way we can sub people in or just do it multiple times.

Once you get a strategy down, it should go fairly quickly.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 8:27 am

How long did it take you guys?
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:03 am

GOML. You need to be level 26 or greater to play the Vault of Glass.

I have some friends in the BYOB clan who are also playing Destiny and the Vault of Glass. They could fill in for our raids or us in theirs. I'm trying to figure out how to setup an alliance with them. And I know Tyrant has been joining AVS Clan raids.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:08 am

I think we played from about 11 PM to about 2:30 AM EST. We only finished a fraction of the entire raid. We spent a couple hours trying to kill the Templar. Once or twice we got him down to 10-20% but then Minotaurs would come raging.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:09 am

Are we going to continue tonight? I think I'll be available.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:25 am

kkrambo wrote:
I have some friends in the BYOB clan who are also playing Destiny and the Vault of Glass.  They could fill in for our raids or us in theirs.  I'm trying to figure out how to setup an alliance with them.  And I know Tyrant has been joining AVS Clan raids.

Krambo, Search their group/clan and you when you go to it there will be an Interact button on the left side of the header. In the drop down menu there is an Invite Alliance link. I did this will the AVS group. I don't think there is any benefit right now but maybe they'll be adding something later.

I did search BYOB and there were only 3 groups with one member each.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 9:27 am

Yes. We'll get as many of us that we can, though I know Tyrant won't be joining us. We can poach some folks from AVS or your BYOB buddies to fill out a full fire team. Tonight is the last night we can do it from our save point. After today, it resets.

I'll be on around 9:30 CDT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raiders of the Vault of Glass   Raiders of the Vault of Glass Empty

Back to top Go down

Raiders of the Vault of Glass
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next