The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
+19
mbgonzomd
KingShorty
Kekborg
_Meta_
fourthplace
Rooksarii
GeminiEffect
Mouse
Re-volution
kkrambo
R2-JD
gordho
bdwright77
Mark Sporto
AlphaShepherd
Tez
bplewis24
TyrantII
frankthetoad
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team
bdwright77

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Fireballs' range is no better than the firebombs, fwiw.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:03 am

The Catacombs suck. That is all.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:14 am

bdwright77 wrote:
Fireballs' range is no better than the firebombs, fwiw.

Really? They don't lock on at a distance? Oh well. Maybe I'll look into some of the ranged miracles then and work towards those.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:22 am

So last night I wanted to farm 20K souls for the forest key.

I farmed 10K souls and went to kill the dragon from the top of the tower like many have done to get my remaining 10K souls. I went up to the top of the tower where the tower knight near the armored pig was and looked down. I saw the bridge but no drake.

After getting some advice from Toad, I went back to the bridge and made him breathe fire on it. Then ran back up to the tower. No drake. Went to a bonfire and camped. Fought my way back. No drake. Shot him from down below where you get the sword, ran back up, no drake. Shot him from out on the bridge, ran back up, no drake.

The only thing I didn't try was coming back from the other direction, as in camping at the bonfire near the blacksmith then clearing my way back. Maybe I will try that tonight.

So I just farmed the old fashioned way and have saved up 16K souls. Which is making me real nervous carrying all that around...

I had about 6K last night during my farming time and had just camped at the bonfire in the Burg. I was going to the chapel area since I had just been killed by the tower knight... again... and decided I would run up the stairs real fast to let the drake kill those bridge ghouls and get a quick 300 souls since I was farming. I got stuck between them and the crossbow dudes. Somehow they stun locked me, drake fried me, DED. Goodbye 6K souls sitting at the base of tower knight's tower. FU!
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:24 am

Yup. What a drag.

Toad: Can you imagine taking them on at level 4? SMH.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:27 am

Benny, I thought about that last night. Maybe it gives you an advantage. You tested yourself on a trying proving ground and now you're ready to beat up the weak masses!

It's not that the Catacombs are overly difficult, it's that sometimes those pyromancers are hidden too well. Those respawning skeletons drive me crazy.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:29 am

bdwright77 wrote:
Yup. What a drag.

Toad: Can you imagine taking them on at level 4? SMH.

How did you get access to the catacombs at level 4? We're talking about The Depths, right? scratch
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:33 am

No. The Catacombs is the area in Firelink through the graveyard.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:35 am

toadthefrank wrote:
No. The Catacombs is the area in Firelink through the graveyard.

Ooooooh... I didn't know there was an area through the graveyard, just treasures to find. Do you have to kill the skeletons in order to get there?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:01 am

Well, if you can't...you don't need to go down there. It's nothing but a hoard of skeletons.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:10 am

And proximity mine/floating heads and pyromancers. I basically ran through the entire board until I reached the Scorpion-like mini-boss and axe-wielding black knight. It's not a bad strategy, actually.

Btw, I talked with the merchant in the depths and he told me that divine weapons can defeat the skeletons. Smile
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:25 am

Hmmm...I don't have a divine weapon. I've been going the Magic route. Sad

I'll mop up the Catacombs tonight. So far my strategy is working well- go very slow, scan the distance for the pyromancer, and take him out with my bow. No respawning skeletons!
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:41 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
So last night I wanted to farm 20K souls for the forest key.

I farmed 10K souls and went to kill the dragon from the top of the tower like many have done to get my remaining 10K souls. I went up to the top of the tower where the tower knight near the armored pig was and looked down. I saw the bridge but no drake.

After getting some advice from Toad, I went back to the bridge and made him breathe fire on it. Then ran back up to the tower. No drake. Went to a bonfire and camped. Fought my way back. No drake. Shot him from down below where you get the sword, ran back up, no drake. Shot him from out on the bridge, ran back up, no drake.

The only thing I didn't try was coming back from the other direction, as in camping at the bonfire near the blacksmith then clearing my way back. Maybe I will try that tonight.

So I just farmed the old fashioned way and have saved up 16K souls. Which is making me real nervous carrying all that around...

I had about 6K last night during my farming time and had just camped at the bonfire in the Burg. I was going to the chapel area since I had just been killed by the tower knight... again... and decided I would run up the stairs real fast to let the drake kill those bridge ghouls and get a quick 300 souls since I was farming. I got stuck between them and the crossbow dudes. Somehow they stun locked me, drake fried me, DED. Goodbye 6K souls sitting at the base of tower knight's tower. FU!

LOL. Same problems!

I heard you need to get him on the bridge, then backtrack to where the ford Taurus demon was, down where Havel The Rock is, through darkroot, and back up from parish.

I tried it going through lower undeadburg to firelink to parish and it didn't work.

So just used some consumable souls instead.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:43 am

I just found a thread on the interwebz that says he will be there if you rest at the bonfire near the blacksmith and then back track to the tower. The one thing I didn't try last night. Mad
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:50 am

I think it's just a glitch, and it's random....
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:58 am

I'll find out tonight. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:17 am

toadthefrank wrote:

I'll mop up the Catacombs tonight. So far my strategy is working well- go very slow,

Suspect

define "slow"
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:22 am

Why won't Griggs Of Vinheim sell me any thing? I saved him and he's at the Firelink bonfire now and I have spoken to him several times, but he just talks. He won't let me buy any spells from him.

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 Darksoulsgriggs
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:25 am

Mark Sporto wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:

I'll mop up the Catacombs tonight. So far my strategy is working well- go very slow,

Suspect

define "slow"
"mat looking for treasure amongst a pill of Yellow Plates and Pre-War Money" slow.

AlphaShepherd wrote:
Why won't Griggs Of Vinheim sell me any thing? I saved him and he's at the Firelink bonfire now and I have spoken to him several times, but he just talks. He won't let me buy any spells from him.

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 Darksoulsgriggs
Weird. I do remember it taking a few times hitting X to talk...
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:50 am

Yeah, just chat him up.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:55 am

I have... I knew all about talking to NPC's several times to get them to sell you stuff. This guy won't. Even after like 10 presses of the PS3 xsm button. Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:56 am

Robe & Wizard Hat
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:56 am

...and I'm all like, "I saved you bro! You mad?" and he was all like silent
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:20 pm

What location is the second Bell of Awakening in? scratch
Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:56 pm

It's in the game Dark Souls.

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next