The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
+19
mbgonzomd
KingShorty
Kekborg
_Meta_
fourthplace
Rooksarii
GeminiEffect
Mouse
Re-volution
kkrambo
R2-JD
gordho
bdwright77
Mark Sporto
AlphaShepherd
Tez
bplewis24
TyrantII
frankthetoad
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 9:37 am

Need to add the phrase "as it should be" after that.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 9:48 am

toadthefrank wrote:
Eurogamer Review, 9/10:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-03-dark-souls-review

Uh oh:

"As soon as you leave the tutorial area, enemies hit hard. Combine this with a stringent new health system, some mean enemy placement and a positively brutal first 'proper' boss and the first few hours of Dark Souls represent a vindictive difficulty spike which many will never surmount."

Quote :
Special talents like spells or ranged combat are either limited or costly to use, so whichever class you choose, you will need to master From's magnificent melee combat.

Looks like u and Brandon are going to have a tougher time this go around Popcorn
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 9:49 am

study
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:16 am

Revo of Gunt wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:
Eurogamer Review, 9/10:

Uh oh:

"As soon as you leave the tutorial area, enemies hit hard. Combine this with a stringent new health system, some mean enemy placement and a positively brutal first 'proper' boss and the first few hours of Dark Souls represent a vindictive difficulty spike which many will never surmount."

Quote :
Special talents like spells or ranged combat are either limited or costly to use, so whichever class you choose, you will need to master From's magnificent melee combat.

Looks like u and Brandon are going to have a tougher time this go around Popcorn
Yep. I did go more melee during my 3rd and 4th playthroughs in DS, so hopefully I'll be able to make it.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:38 am

toadthefrank wrote:
Revo of Gunt wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:
Eurogamer Review, 9/10:

Uh oh:

Quote :

Yep. I did go more melee during my 3rd and 4th playthroughs in DS, so hopefully I'll be able to make it.

My bad, forgot who I was addressing. queen
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:04 pm

90 minutes worth of playing Dark Souls from GiantBomb:

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:13 pm

I'm going to feel like crap on Wednesday. Something tells me I'll be spending 5 hours just trying to get past the first level...
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Revo of Gunt wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:
Eurogamer Review, 9/10:

Uh oh:

Quote :

looks like i may just save my money after reading that.

too much stuff going on to play sirius gamez.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:21 pm

While I am excited for the challenge, I am a little worried that the game is actually difficult this time instead of just punishing. DS punished you for being in a rush. While Dark Souls seems to continue the theme, it sounds as if they've actually made it harder too.

I'm also concerned with all I'm reading about summoning friends. I can't tell if they simply mean it will be difficult, as it was in DS, or if they've actually removed player names from the Soul Signs. If the latter, I'll be very disappointed.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:26 pm

Ehhh. The review sites and noobs also though Demons was "teh hardiest gayme evah yo".

It really wasn't that hard. It just punished the idiots that put games on easy and hack and slash their way through them in 4 hours, skip every cut scene, and complain that it took them 4 hours.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:32 pm

From that article:

Quote :
You can invade other players' games and even kill them; alternatively, you can allow yourself to be summoned as a friendly phantom, offering some much-needed help and companionship amid all this desolate hostility. But the conditions for this are strict and unfathomable and - crucially - there's no option to join a particular friend.

That settles it for me. I'll be waiting until it hits the bargain bins some time next year. Sad
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:34 pm

Didn't stop us in Demons Souls.

As long as you can see who is offering to be summoned.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:38 pm

It sounds as if it's completely random? I will wait to hear what you guys discover tomorrow, anyway. Please try it out and let me know!!

Quote :
From would argue that allowing too much control or communication within this weirdly remote system would damage the game's forbidding, lonely atmosphere. Maybe so, but it also denies us the enormous pleasure or facing these demons with a friend by our side. For me, that's one stern restriction too many.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:44 pm

TyrantII wrote:
Didn't stop us in Demons Souls.

As long as you can see who is offering to be summoned.

AlphaShepherd wrote:
It sounds as if it's completely random? I will wait to hear what you guys discover tomorrow, anyway. Please try it out and let me know!!

Quote :
From would argue that allowing too much control or communication within this weirdly remote system would damage the game's forbidding, lonely atmosphere. Maybe so, but it also denies us the enormous pleasure or facing these demons with a friend by our side. For me, that's one stern restriction too many.

This is my worry. If they've removed PSN IDs from Soul Signs, there will be absolutely no way to summon a friend...unless you drop your stone (or whatever this game uses) in some very random spot....

I'm cautiously optimistic this isn't what they've done. I suspect it's nearly identical to DS and will simply be difficult to summon friends. At least, that's my hope.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:51 pm

9.5 from Gamespot:

Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:27 pm

Weed out the weak cheers
Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:28 pm

toadthefrank wrote:
Mine still hasn't shipped, but Amazon still shows a Delivery Estimate of October 4.

My bad, I was looking at another order. Mine says what yours does.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:34 pm

Ghey!
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:51 pm

if they did remove psn ID's, that is 100% dealbreaker and seems like really bad mojo from a PR perspective.

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:55 pm

After watching that video from GiantBomb, those of you who liked Demon's Souls will be FapFest over this one, for sure...
Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Mark Sporto wrote:
if they did remove psn ID's, that is 100% dealbreaker and seems like really bad mojo from a PR perspective.

Sporto, let's be honest here. You have on intention of getting this game and if you did you would hate it...just because.

Oh, and Ohio State is going to pawn the Huskers this weekend.

Over and out.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Looked on a Dark Souls wiki that states the summoning is the same as it was in DS. You have to get a summoning stone at some point, and you'll have to hide your soul sign in the hopes that others won't summon you.

This makes me very happy if true. I would have been pdissed if they'd removed PSN IDs.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Kekborg wrote:
Mark Sporto wrote:

Sporto, let's be honest here. You have on intention of getting this game and if you did you would hate it...just because.

Oh, and Ohio State is going to pawn the Huskers this weekend.

Over and out.

Suspect

oh yeah? OH YEAH??

just to prove you wrong twice, i'm getting the game tonight and send you a pic at midnight! Mad

and there's not a chance in hades that your huskers lose this weekend. in fact, i bet they beat OSU by 3 TD's! tapout

signed. sealed. delivered.

zombie
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:26 pm

Hulk
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:29 pm

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 Go-cornhuskers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next