The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
+19
mbgonzomd
KingShorty
Kekborg
_Meta_
fourthplace
Rooksarii
GeminiEffect
Mouse
Re-volution
kkrambo
R2-JD
gordho
bdwright77
Mark Sporto
AlphaShepherd
Tez
bplewis24
TyrantII
frankthetoad
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:55 am

Summoning two folks makes every boss so much easier. If they don't even do any damage, at least it sometimes takes the demon's attention off of you....
Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:56 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:
AlphaShepherd wrote:
2) The signs you put down only last for a short time.

Your summon signs last indefinitely. I actually stood in front of a boss gate last night for around 1.5 hours last night waiting to get summoned while I read a book. As long as you don't leave the area (i.e., the "level"), they'll stay there forever.

I'm talking about the comment signs you put down with the orange soap stone.

Noticed the exact same thing. Comments seem to cycle constantly in DS2, as opposed to them loading when you first enter the world and staying in DS1.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:04 am

kkrambo wrote:
When I was helping someone else in their world, I could not use my estus flask. But they could heal me somehow. Were they using a spell or their own estus flask?

I haven't been summoned yet so I had no idea about this. So if I get summoned to help someone, the only way I can be healed is to be standing near the summoner if he uses an Estus flask or uses one of those heal spells that heals everyone around him? scratch

That would explain the actions of this one guy I summoned. His health was low when he came in, then after clearing a few of the assassins down near Carpa demon his health bar was flashing because he was so low. I kept thinking, "heal up dude!! Use a flask!!! You're gonna die!!". He died.

lol!
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:06 am

Yep. It definitely adds a new strategy as a summoned player. You tend to be a lot more cautious. I just try to lure the enemy away from the bodied player so he/she can do what they need to. I do get a bunch of hits in, just not as many as I would if I had a flask to use.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:11 am

So I just started the sewer area. Down past the carpa demon. I only went in to the first room where I killed a bunch of ghouls and demon dogs, then took out that butcher guy. That was an awesome fight. It was really close but using skragedy really helps and made it fun. Those types of fights are a large part of the reason I love this game so far.

Question about the ghost town: Is there any way to get more of those items that temporarily curse you so you can hit the ghosts? Other than the merchant near the sewer entrance who charges 4K souls for each one. Shocked

I used both of mine that I found on the ground. The first time I beat the ghosts then saw a glowy treasure thing off in the distance in the water. I ran over to it only to realize the water gets deep. I drowned. The second time I beat the first ghost and was rolling backwards to avoid the second ones attack and rolled off the pier. I drowned.

Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:48 am

Toad. Yellow / Orange phantoms (and soul signs) are phantoms in your own covenant. No idea on the benefits, if any, other then a shiny coat of sparkling paint.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:51 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
So I just started the sewer area. Down past the carpa demon. I only went in to the first room where I killed a bunch of ghouls and demon dogs, then took out that butcher guy. That was an awesome fight. It was really close but using skragedy really helps and made it fun. Those types of fights are a large part of the reason I love this game so far.

Question about the ghost town: Is there any way to get more of those items that temporarily curse you so you can hit the ghosts? Other than the merchant near the sewer entrance who charges 4K souls for each one. Shocked

I used both of mine that I found on the ground. The first time I beat the ghosts then saw a glowy treasure thing off in the distance in the water. I ran over to it only to realize the water gets deep. I drowned. The second time I beat the first ghost and was rolling backwards to avoid the second ones attack and rolled off the pier. I drowned.

Keep searching the sewers, but only when you have no humanity or a lot of souls. There's some frogs down there that will permanently curse and kill you fast after you fall down a shaft.

But, New London's ghost were giving me major trouble, even with the drake sword and firebombs. Small rooms, narrow elevated paths (like 3-2 in DS), and the fact they can go through walls and under floors make it a bitch. SL 26 is too low for me there.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:52 am

toadthefrank wrote:
Yep. It definitely adds a new strategy as a summoned player. You tend to be a lot more cautious. I just try to lure the enemy away from the bodied player so he/she can do what they need to. I do get a bunch of hits in, just not as many as I would if I had a flask to use.

If you get a heal magic spell, can you use it as a phantom? Haven't tired, but figured it's the only way to heal in MP.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:57 am

TyrantII wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:

If you get a heal magic spell, can you use it as a phantom? Haven't tired, but figured it's the only way to heal in MP.
I think so, but am not sure.

Thanks for the info on the phantom colors. Chaos Servants Unite!!!

I actually seem to be able to hit ghosts now without being cursed. In Darkroot Forest there are ghost protectors that attack you. Before, I couldn't ever hit them, now...after ringing the second bell, I'm able to lock on and do damage. I'll go to New Londo tonight and confirm. Not sure what allowed me to do this...
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:02 am

Could be a glitch. I've noticed in NL sometimes my button presses don't register, or take a second or two to activate, which makes it all the more frustrating.

The 2-3 second firebomb throw is not a fun time.

Last edited by TyrantII on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:20 am

toadthefrank wrote:
TyrantII wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:

I think so, but am not sure.

Thanks for the info on the phantom colors. Chaos Servants Unite!!!

I actually seem to be able to hit ghosts now without being cursed. In Darkroot Forest there are ghost protectors that attack you. Before, I couldn't ever hit them, now...after ringing the second bell, I'm able to lock on and do damage. I'll go to New Londo tonight and confirm. Not sure what allowed me to do this...

I thought the plot line/story mentioned something about this. After ringing the second bell something was supposed to happen with the status of all the undead/unhallowed... scratch
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:21 am

AHA!

Wait...there's a story?
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:24 am

yup!

gotta talk to the guy in firelink for the whole thing
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:27 am

It was a bit tongue in cheek. I talk to everyone until exhaustion. But let's be honest here, much like Demon's Souls, the story isn't stellar. It's the gameplay and atmosphere that make this and DS great.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:33 am

toadthefrank wrote:
I actually stood in front of a boss gate last night for around 1.5 hours last night waiting to get summoned while I read the strategy guide.
Fixed that for ya.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:35 am

Those theives before the Capra demon tried to slit my throat!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:41 am

Ninjas!
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:43 am

ninja
Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:51 am

I just run them back to the bonfire near the stairs up to Burg, and cackle while they think they are attacking me!
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:08 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:

The ghosts drop them. But I guess that doesn't help you get your first one.

I got past the first fog door down where the ghosts are but I didn't notice when my curse expired so I got mauled by a bunch of them. You don't get souls for killing ghosts so I didn't bother going back.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 11:18 am

FU!
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:34 pm

Is there a place to get the super black firebombs cheap?

Regular ones are too weak.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 2:49 pm

I do wish magic was more prevalent in the early part of the game... I love my melee guy but it would be fun to be tossing fireballs, lances and firestorms while healing yourself in between for a change.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Just buy the regular firebombs. You can get 99 from the first merchant for about 5K souls.

Pretty much is like having soul arrow magic early in DS.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Except the firebombs lock on sucks. It's only effective on something that is right in front of you with zero range practically, and they don't always hit especially on boss fights. Mad Mad Mad

I wasted several black firebombs finding that out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next