The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
+19
mbgonzomd
KingShorty
Kekborg
_Meta_
fourthplace
Rooksarii
GeminiEffect
Mouse
Re-volution
kkrambo
R2-JD
gordho
bdwright77
Mark Sporto
AlphaShepherd
Tez
bplewis24
TyrantII
frankthetoad
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:12 pm

TyrantII wrote:
So last night I killed Gaping dragon about 10 times, got 100K+ souls, got an egg put on my head, got a poison cloud and toxic cloud (why didn't they just call it plague?), found out that bosses can't catch either (stupid), and gave away 15 humanity to the Daughter of Chaos. 15 to go to get the Chos firestorm.

Love this game.

Apparent Bleeding has been changed from a slow drain of heath to a Ripostes like damage sort of critical attack. I upgraded my thief's dagger to +5 to take on the crush(?) demon in my revisit to the asylum.

Kinda mad that the cloud pyromancies apparently only work on regular enemies. In DS, could have sworn that while some bosses were immune, others were susceptible.
Though I haven't tried it on a boss, lots of the powerful enemies are susceptible to poison. I take a lot of guys out with poison arrows.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:02 am

The game is getting a patch -v1.04. It will allow players to lock onto invaders using the Fog Ring, it will remove the invincibility of the Magic Shield, and is supposed to address online co-op issues. There aren't many details...and the ones that exist are in Japanese.

Didn't know about the invincibility of Magic Shield. I'll be trying that out tonight!
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:42 am

I tried Magic Shield last night. Only while farming to see what it was like though, so no real enemies yet. It doesn't last too long and you have to swap out to your sorcery talisman thing to cast it.

Good news about the Fog Ring. That and the forest farming spot can make a PvP'er almost invincible in the earlier levels.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:45 am

I had a good Dark Souls weekend.

1) I killed the Butterfly, Havel, then a giant rat, the Gaping Dragon, and ended the weekend by killing the Hydra last night.

2) I got the light spell and a repair spell too but need 14 INT to use them.

3) I killed my first black phantom.

4) I bought the armor from the vendor at the bottom of the Depths. It's sweet.

6) I cleared out the graveyard and got all the loot. The skeletons there are easy kills for me now.

I tried to get as much done as possible since tomorrow Batman: Arkham City gets here and will probably occupy all of my gaming time.

study
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:47 am

kkrambo wrote:
(BTW, thanks for the tip about saving up 20,000 souls to buy a ticket to my a$$ kicking.)

There is an easy/cheap way to kill the NPC's. Look in the farming thread for the video. I don't use it since I can beat all of them with my shield and halberd combo. They are tough fights, but very fun. I even kill the inviso dudes with my 360 degree halberd attack.

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:23 pm

The weapon imbalance they're remedying in the upcoming patch is scaled vs. elemental weapons. I'm hoping that they bump up the scaling instead of nerfing the elemental... I'd hate to have to give up my spear!

They're also removing the infinite glitch. That thing is just stupid. That's why there are a ton of level 734 people who've already platted this game. They can create infinite souls and humanities. With an unlimited supply of souls, there's little you can't do.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:53 pm

toadthefrank wrote:
They're also removing the infinite glitch. That thing is just stupid. That's why there are a ton of level 734 people who've already platted this game. They can create infinite souls and humanities. With an unlimited supply of souls, there's little you can't do.

No

What is the whole point of the game if you are getting infinite souls? That takes away the whole challenge of the game. Which is the whole point of the game. They just wasted $60. PicardPalm
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:58 pm

My thoughts exactly. And this isn't even farming. They can rack up to a million souls in a matter of minutes. At least when you farm souls you have to work at it...

I actually don't think you really need to farm in this game. Just playing it normally, assisting folks with the boss in their worlds, and finding large souls around each level, you'll progress in SL pretty quickly.

That said, I did have to farm for 100k souls last night to buy all of Big Hat Logan's spells before he left...
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:04 pm

Yeah, I saw that glitch mentioned but didn't even bother to read exactly how it's done.

The only thing I have really farmed for is my fine for absolution. I have killed those NPC's a lot in combat usually to pay for my spells/armor/upgrades. This game progresses very nicely and I have leveled up just before entering another area with the previous area's gains.

Back to top Go down
_Meta_
Bonerfart
_Meta_

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:09 pm

Will someone give me a tutorial in co-op if I buy this game tonight?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:09 pm

Did you actually kill an NPC and then they came back after you absolved your sins? If that's true, I'll be doing the same thing. I haven't been able to test out pyromancy since I first killed that dumbass in a barrel.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:16 pm

toadthefrank wrote:
Did you actually kill an NPC and then they came back after you absolved your sins? If that's true, I'll be doing the same thing. I haven't been able to test out pyromancy since I first killed that dumbass in a barrel.

I didn't kill him though. As soon as I saw he was pdissed at me I ran away. I went and farmed my souls, got absolved, and he appeared at the Firelink area. He then gave me the pyromancy hand talisman thing the first time I talked to him.
Back to top Go down
_Meta_
Bonerfart
_Meta_

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:26 pm

I take that as a no.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:29 pm

meta stark wrote:
Will someone give me a tutorial in co-op if I buy this game tonight?

meta stark wrote:
I take that as a no.

lol!

Meta since 99.999999% of your posts are tongue in cheek I figured you were joking. That combined with the fact that there is no real co-op with your friends in this game strengthened that assumption.

You can co-op with people, but you won't be able to find your friends to play with.
Back to top Go down
_Meta_
Bonerfart
_Meta_

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:31 pm

oh really its all just random.
Back to top Go down
_Meta_
Bonerfart
_Meta_

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:32 pm

Tongue in cheek. You're nasty huh?
Back to top Go down
_Meta_
Bonerfart
_Meta_

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:33 pm

Pageflip you are not helping.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:35 pm

You are correct, sir.
Back to top Go down
_Meta_
Bonerfart
_Meta_

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Is this game out on PC?

I am sorry I seriously did not mean to troll/hijack this thread with my tongue or my cheeks but I just don't really know what I am getting with this game, I am not a big rpg'er but I wanted to try this because of the good reviews from you guys.
Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 4:22 pm

It's an action rpg'r. With that said, people either love it or hate it. There does not seem to be an in between. If you can, you might want to rent first and see if you like it. I expect I'll get well over 100 hours worth of playing time from this game.
Back to top Go down
_Meta_
Bonerfart
_Meta_

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 4:26 pm

I bought it.
Back to top Go down
_Meta_
Bonerfart
_Meta_

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 4:28 pm

So now you'll have to deal with my noob spam as opposed to my troll spam.

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 940657
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 5:43 pm

Mmmmmmmm.....noob Spam.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 7:55 pm

:Ragequit:
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 9:43 pm

What happened, guy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next