The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
+19
mbgonzomd
KingShorty
Kekborg
_Meta_
fourthplace
Rooksarii
GeminiEffect
Mouse
Re-volution
kkrambo
R2-JD
gordho
bdwright77
Mark Sporto
AlphaShepherd
Tez
bplewis24
TyrantII
frankthetoad
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:53 am

TyrantII wrote:
Aint' amazon's fault.

They put in inventory numbers, and Namco-Bandi didn't deliver as they promised. Really puts a sour taste in my mouth, especially since it wouldn't happen with Atlas.

I almost wonder if it's intentional, to generate net buzz.

that's the first thing that crossed my mind.

Suspect @ namco-bandai
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:03 am

I got the bullsh!t email from Amazon as well. Toad, I luved your letter to Amazon. I sent it to my wife to edit and send to them as well (it's her account).

Going to Target now Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:10 am

Honestly, the only thing I see worth while in the CE is the tin case.

word for CAG is that the art book is a joke, the soundtrack is a crappy Digital download, and well.... that's pretty much it. The guide is a freaking PDF.

Really poor CE if you go by what Atlas offered.

Thinking of creating a shitstorm at amazon to see if I can get a credit for U3, then just canceling my order. Hell, the CE isn't even a steelbook...
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:16 am

I'll be applying the credit towards BF3 and trying to find DS locally. Not sure how successful I'll be. Namco may have really under-published the game and misjudged the demand.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:23 am

I have never had a release date delivery game from Amazon arrive late. One time, I think it was GT5 or something, didn't arrive until about 7:30PM, but it got there.

Did anyone else hear a big brass band playing "America The Beautiful" in the background while reading Toad's letter to Amazon? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:30 am

Hmmm. My amazon order still says not shipped and nothing in my emails. Going to cancel the order and pick it up locally.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:33 am

Kekborg wrote:
Hmmm. My amazon order still says not shipped and nothing in my emails. Going to cancel the order and pick it up locally.

Kek if you ordered the standard edition it will probably still arrive on time if there was no shortage of them at Amazon. There have been several times where I never received an email from them until some time in the afternoon, then got home and found the game waiting for me on the porch.

Going out and getting it from a store is probably a good insurance policy though!

Please remember to test out if you can find other NOM'ers in game somehow. I really want to find that out. Cool
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:33 am

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 Img_2011
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:37 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:42 am

Toads in serious business mode.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:51 am

TyrantII wrote:
I am. This is Amazon we're talking about. Not GameStop, not Best Buy, not NewEgg. Amazon is supposed to be better than this. And I don't buy, "this is Namco's fault." How so? Sure, maybe they didn't get Amazon enough stock, but I assume Namco (or someone) sends a crate of the games to Amazon and it's Amazon that ships them. What, they figured if they got them in at 3:59 this morning they could have still honored Release Date Delivery? Bullsh!t. They knew, and they sent the emails late so we couldn't cancel. My status is "shipping soon"....that means I can't cancel. I guess they figure I won't go through the trouble of shipping it back to them...AFTER they send me a shipping label. They're wrong.

I know this is silly to get fuming over, but I just expected more from Amazon. Like Alpha, I've never not gotten a Release Date Delivery on release date. And I've been a Prime member since it started. For shame.

Last edited by toadthefrank on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:51 am

Whew! Thought this was going to be a multiple store hunt like last time. FU Amazon.

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 Dark_s10
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:00 am

toadthefrank wrote:
TyrantII wrote:
I am. This is Amazon we're talking about. Not GameStop, not Best Buy, not NewEgg. Amazon is supposed to be better than this. And I don't buy, "this is Namco's fault." How so? Sure, maybe they didn't get Amazon enough stock, but I assume Namco (or someone) sends a crate of the games to Amazon and it's Amazon that ships them. What, they figured if they got them in at 3:59 this morning they could have still honored Release Date Delivery? Bullsh!t. They knew, and they sent the emails late so we couldn't cancel. My status is "shipping soon"....that means I can't cancel. I guess they figure I won't go through the trouble of shipping it back to them...AFTER they send me a shipping label. They're wrong.

I know this is silly to get fuming over, but I just expected more from Amazon. Like Alpha, I've never not gotten a Release Date Delivery on release date. And I've been a Prime member since it started. For shame.

I know, I'm mad too.

Still it comes down to logistics. Amazon contracts with Namco to supply X number of widgets on release day. Namco doesn't deliver for whatever reason, and Amazon (rightly) will take a huge hit from the Nerd Rage, which ends up costing them money to placate. Absolutely doesn't excuse the lack of communication.

The problems with Newegg and BB only further make it apparent it's Namco's fault. Amazon never does this unless the publisher screws up.

I'm mad at amazon, but even madder at Namco. Should have seen this shitty service coming when they downgraded all the physical goodies in the CE to digital downloads.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:05 am

I just cancelled my order from amazon. Why? I am not sure. I am just fired up and think I will go hunt for it after work.

(When I ordered it, I figured it did not matter if I did not get it until this weekend since I am going to be out of town anyway. But now it is important for some reason. Strange. Maybe it was the pictures of actual games in actual strange internet friend's hands.)
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:06 am

Quote :
Hello Michael B Gonzalez,

We're contacting you about your cancellation request for order #002.

We were able to cancel the following item(s) from your order:

Dark Souls

In most cases, you pay for items when we ship them to you, so you won't be charged for items that you cancel. In some cases (e.g., you use a gift card or your debit card is processed as a PIN-less transaction), you may see a charge for a cancelled item. If you are charged for a cancelled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:27 am

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:31 am

Have we asked the question of how many souls we can summon? Are we again limited to two, I wonder?

Also, summoning and running as Hollowed and Unhollowed is going to be a bit more difficult and complicated than it was in DS. We now have a collectible in addition to souls called "Humanity." This is what allows us, at bonfires, to become Unhollowed...and able to summon.

I've read on the Wiki that Humanity is about as complicated as WT/CT was in DS. Should be fun figuring it out.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:33 am

I like this one:

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 6208934981_699af6861f_z
Back to top Go down
_Meta_
Bonerfart
_Meta_

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:45 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
I just cancelled my order from amazon. Why? I am not sure. I am just fired up and think I will go hunt for it after work.

(When I ordered it, I figured it did not matter if I did not get it until this weekend since I am going to be out of town anyway. But now it is important for some reason. Strange. Maybe it was the pictures of actual games in actual strange internet friend's hands.)

Did you play Demon Souls Mule?

I want to join in with all you guys on thus game, but I never played Demon Souls and am afraid, I would be way behind the curve.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:50 am

I did play demon souls. I think I played through it twice, but I never got as deeply into whoring stones and such as some people did. There are still aspect of the game that I think I did not understand, but it was fun nevertheless.

From watching the gameplay video it looks like you will be able to pick up on it fairly easy. You should probably get it.
Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:24 am

Just be prepared to die. This is not a run and gun type game. You have to be as strategic as you possibly can. This is why I love this game so much. If you die and you have a bunch of souls, you loose them. Once you re-spawn, you have one shot at getting back to them and recovering them forever. If you die before you get there, you lose them.

By the way, remember, you have to get to a certain point in the game before you can summons souls with the rock or whatever it is.
Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:27 am

mbgonzomd wrote:

You are doing the right thing Mule.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am

I'm seeing lots of comment about how much better Dark Souls is then Demon's Souls. And these are from people that celebrate the difficulty/punishment.

Whitney already told me I can start playing the second Logan goes to sleep. I should probably buy her flowers sooner rather than later since I'm going to be a Dark Souls zombie.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:07 am

You should buy her some magic moon herb!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next