The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
+19
mbgonzomd
KingShorty
Kekborg
_Meta_
fourthplace
Rooksarii
GeminiEffect
Mouse
Re-volution
kkrambo
R2-JD
gordho
bdwright77
Mark Sporto
AlphaShepherd
Tez
bplewis24
TyrantII
frankthetoad
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team
bdwright77

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:43 am

Sh!t yeah! drunk
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:50 am

Moved to new Dark Souls forum.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:54 am

Woohoo!
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Hello,

I've checked your order and can confirm "Dark Souls Collector's Edition" is now back-ordered. I'm sorry about this delay--we certainly didn't expect this would happen.

Although the shipping method is faster, it'll still take some time to get the item. As soon as we receive more stock, we'll ship your order and send you an e-mail to let you know.

As you mentioned that you will return the package when you receive it, you may refuse the shipment and it will be returned back to us. In case if you aren't at home at the time of delivery you can return it using our Online center

-snip-

To compensate for any inconvenience this order may have caused, I've issued you a $10 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Note: the promotional certificate doesn't apply to items offered by other sellers on our website.

You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next qualifying order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit our Help pages:

I'm truly sorry, and I hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

Best regards,

Veer.J
Amazon.com
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
http://www.amazon.com/your-account
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:16 pm

golfclap2
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:17 pm

I can haz $10?

they gave me a .99 refund if it doesn't ship

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:19 pm

You gotta get verbose on their a$$es.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:37 pm

toadthefrank wrote:
You gotta get verbose on their a$$es.

I used your verbose. See if I get a $10 off code. So far I'm on the Tyrant plan.
Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Got my copy of ds over the lunch hour. Now, I need to make it through the rest of the work day, rush home...and take one of the boys to a football scrimmage (while the wife takes one of the other boys to his football practice), then I get to come home and play. Probably around 8:30 Sad

Honestly, I have not felt this way about a videoz gamez for a long while. Can't wait to play cheers
Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Oh, and Matt is going to act like he likes it, but hate the hades out of it AND Ohio State wins by 69.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:50 pm

Kekborg wrote:
Honestly, I have not felt this way about a videoz gamez for a long while. Can't wait to play cheers

This!

I read about each of the character classes starting stats over lunch. I'm torn between the Knight and the Sorcerer. The Knight (as is the Cleric) is a member of the White Circle Covenant at the get-go. This draws you closer to other online players, cuts down on invasions, and allows Clerics' casts to resonate across the servers and benefit you.

Decisions, decisions.

You also have to pick your starting gift. I suggest looking at the wiki for those that you'll be able to find easily during the game....
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:59 pm

toadthefrank wrote:
You also have to pick your starting gift. I suggest looking at the wiki for those that you'll be able to find easily during the game....

Be careful of some of the starting gifts... in the videos I have watched while trying to make a buying decision, there are several gifts that are one use only deals, like the bomb. Also there is a ring that says it slowly regenerates your HP's over time, but it doesn't. When you look at it in the game (after you have chosen it) the description says it gives you a small boost to your total HP's... not regeneration.

The most popular choice for non-thieves seems to be the master key, which stays with you. study
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Forest Hunter covenant sounds pretty cool. If you join you are then called upon to F up anyone that walks into the forest. Image trying that a month from now.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:15 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:

Be careful of some of the starting gifts... in the videos I have watched while trying to make a buying decision, there are several gifts that are one use only deals, like the bomb. Also there is a ring that says it slowly regenerates your HP's over time, but it doesn't. When you look at it in the game (after you have chosen it) the description says it gives you a small boost to your total HP's... not regeneration.

The most popular choice for non-thieves seems to be the master key, which stays with you. study

Here's a great description of the gifts. It says you get 10 bombs....

Also, the Master Key doesn't open every lock in the game, only those with simple locks...

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Gifts
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:53 pm

For you guys that bought it at a brick and mortar store, where did you find it?
Should I stop at Walmart, Game Stop, or Best Buy first?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:58 pm

I bought mine this morning at Target. It wasn't even on the shelves yet. They had to go grab a copy from the back. I believe mat got his copy from Target. Benny got a Collector's Edition from GameStop today with no preorder.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:02 pm

So the covenants...

Do you guys think they kinda push you into the White one first and then as you progress through the game you have opportunity to switch? Or do you think you stay with the same one throughout the game?

Seems like the White is the favored one, if you want to play with online players that is.

Who is going to choose the deprived class? Level 6 and atributes of 11 across the board. Man that class would be sick if you could last long enough to score some armor and blades.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:05 pm

I believe you will be able to switch covenants. Some are going to be very difficult to join and are based on stats, items you have in your inventory, etc. It's going to get complicated.

Thank goodness we'll want to play this game over and over so we'll know what we're doing by the second or third playthrough!
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:10 pm

So can you only summon other characters (or be summoned) for the boss fights or can you get help from someone to clear the entire level including the bosses? scratch
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:13 pm

Complete levels, if it's anything like DS, but you can only summon within levels you haven't already completed.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:14 pm

Ok, I'm taking off soon. Are we going to just meet in Soul Glow or are we looking to ask Kek to use his Vent server?
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:15 pm

They all have it. It's the CE version that's tough to find.

Went searching to see if I can cancel my amazon CE. No luck.

Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:39 pm

I went by walmart at lunch and they did not have it. I called Kmart which is 1 mile from my house and they got it. Nice.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:43 pm

Revo of Gunt wrote:
Ok, I'm taking off soon. Are we going to just meet in Soul Glow or are we looking to ask Kek to use his Vent server?
Soul Glo! Send me an invite if you still have the chat. I'll be on around 7:30 EST.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 2:51 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:
So can you only summon other characters (or be summoned) for the boss fights or can you get help from someone to clear the entire level including the bosses? scratch

bdwright77 wrote:
Complete levels, if it's anything like DS, but you can only summon within levels you haven't already completed.

Do the people/spirits/hollowed stay in your world if you die or do you need to summon them all over again and start the level over? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next