The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
+7
AlphaShepherd
TyrantII
mbgonzomd
Re-volution
Mark Sporto
bdwright77
frankthetoad
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:30 am

I cleared out New Londo last night but didn't fight the four kings. I just wanted to get my very large ember. I have my Halberd at +14 now, it rocks.

I'm currently banging my head against they wall trying to kill the Stray Demon. I want him to drop the titanite slab so I can make my Halberd +15. I probably died 7-8 times last night before I had to give up for the evening.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:05 am

Personally, unless you're a faith build, I would stay away from making Anor Londo dark until later in the game. It doesn't really help farming as there are other spots that work much better and the rewards are meh.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:09 am

Ok. I also got my doll, so I can go to the painted world now. Cool
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:29 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
I cleared out New Londo last night but didn't fight the four kings. I just wanted to get my very large ember. I have my Halberd at +14 now, it rocks.

I'm currently banging my head against they wall trying to kill the Stray Demon. I want him to drop the titanite slab so I can make my Halberd +15. I probably died 7-8 times last night before I had to give up for the evening.

Hint: You need to cut that bitch

Also, best be light on your feet since he's attacks are super strong anyways. I usually fought him w/o armor, or at least upper armor. just get into rhythm with him and run behind him and swipe 2X, repeat.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:34 am

Thanks, I was trying to stay in front of him since my Greatshield of Artorias can block his swings, and I had him in a good rhythm, got him down to about 50%. Then I got hit with his red magic blast when I was running to the side.

I'll try again tonight and stay behind him as much as possible. I watched a couple of YouTube videos and that seems to be the way to avoid most of the magic damage.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 3:21 pm

yup, what what, just poke him in the butt.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:05 am

I tried the Stray Demon again last night. 4 or 5 times. The first two times I died instantly after falling through the floor due to him using that super long range attack followed up by another before you can regain your footing. I got him down to 50% once, getting in a good pattern of staying behind him to attack, etc. I just gave up after 5 or so deaths because I had better things to do.

I went and farmed Sen's Fortress for a bit because I REALLY wanted that Man-Serpent Greatsword for my STR build. I got it. Cool I upgraded it to +12 so far and it is an absolute beast.

I used it to go down to lower New Londo and farm those dark wraith guys. They are cake with this weapon.

I might try the painted world tonight.

Benny I went up a level as well... so I think my dude is 64 now.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:37 am

I'll have to check what mine was when Rev and I finished. I am pretty sure I'm out of range. I farmed the ever living hell out of the darkwraiths in new londo and got 10 titanite slabs! I'm a stone whore.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:38 am

Stray demon bleeds easily too Alpha. Might try a blade with that effect.

Otherwise, go get the darkwood grain ring or whatever it's called to help you roll faster.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:48 am

Yeah, that ring is on my list. I'll go back and kill him sometime. I just wanted to go do the 2,394 other awesome things in the game that I haven't done yet. Cool
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:10 am

Went to the painted world last night. I hate those effing harpies. I'd rather deal with 10 of them though rather than try to make that stupid jump at the back of the central tower with the tiny ledge sticking out. I must have failed that 20 times and had to go back down, around, up the ladder, through the building, out on the ledge, back to the tower to try again. Mad
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:14 am

Jump?

scratch
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:17 am

It's the little ledge that has another small ledge in front of it that you need to hit perfectly because of the curve of the tower. I jumped. A lot. If you have the timing off at all, the curve of the tower and the little rock outcropping push you outward and you fall into the courtyard. I hate it when games like this put in Donkey Kong crap. I want to kill sh!t with a sword, not jump around like Mario.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:34 am

Not sure you need to do that. I don't recall having to jump ledges, but it's been a while. You got a video?
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:40 am

bdwright77 wrote:
Not sure you need to do that. I don't recall having to jump ledges, but it's been a while. You got a video?

I will see if I can find one. I think it's to a totally optional section of the area though. I only needed to do it again because I died to a harpy over there and wanted to get my souls back. The first time I got over there with only a couple attempts at the jump. Then, of course, to get my souls back required about 20. Mad

After I got them back I kept making progress in the level. I found the undead dragon... Shocked I ran.

I went to the top of the central tower, then all the way to the bottom. I killed that mass of souls with the spears and shields, unlocked the shortcut to the bonfire, then had to call it a night. That is one cool zone. I'll be exploring the rest of it tonight!
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 10:15 am

bdwright77 wrote:

I just watched a video. The jump I found allows you to bypass the need to go down to the sewers and get the key to the church door to access the boss area.

I'm going to go down and get that key anyway because I want one of those spiked shield things to drop!
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 8:04 am

I got out of the painted world last night. I collected everything I was there for, including the dark ember. cheers

Then I decided to go into the catacombs to farm for a lantern. I got one. I made it all they way down to the blacksmith guy. I was watching the cut scene where he chops a hole in the wall and tells you to leave. As soon as the scene was over I had a ton of skeletons already attacking me. I had time to raise my shield and roll once before I was ded. Sad

Oh well. I'll be making the trek back down there tonight to get my souls back.

I need to upgrade my armor too... where is the best place to farm twinkling titanite?
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:11 am

I tend to farm souls and just buy them from the Giant Blacksmith in Anor Londo. They're 8K a piece I think, so use your Silver Serpent Ring and your bracelets (if you're a female character).

At your SL, I'm thinking the giants in Anor Londo would be a good source of souls, or the darkwraiths in New Londo ruins. If you can backstab them and take them out quickly, doing the darkwraiths on a circuit (Firelink, down the first elevator, kill 6 darkwraiths, homeward bone), would net you a lot of souls, titanite chunks and possibly slabs to boot.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:15 am

bdwright77 wrote:
At your SL, I'm thinking the giants in Anor Londo would be a good source of souls, or the darkwraiths in New Londo ruins. If you can backstab them and take them out quickly, doing the darkwraiths on a circuit (Firelink, down the first elevator, kill 6 darkwraiths, homeward bone), would net you a lot of souls, titanite chunks and possibly slabs to boot.

That's what I was doing for titanite. I can one shot kill the darkwraiths with a backstab. What a Face
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:31 am

Just be careful of ghosts affraid
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:42 am

I've got plenty of transient curses on me. Cool
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 8:55 am

Made it back down to the bottom of the catacombs last night. I died on the jump down to where my body was the other night. Goodbye 30K souls. Mad

I kept going and killed the Pinwheel. Made it to the Tomb of Giants and found the first bonfire. I died exploring close to there, and went back to get my souls. One of those giant skeleton dogs, that I killed so easily my first time through there, killed me instantly. Goodbye 25K souls from the Pinwheel kill. Mad

I ported back out and did some farming in New Londo so I can upgrade my armor a bit. Sad
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:00 am

Were you using the lantern in Tomb of Giants? I personally liked the cast light spell for it so I could keep up my shield and sword/pyro glove. You can get the cast light spell from What'shername Vinland down by the Hydra in Darkroot Garden.

And don't worry... the souls are easy to come by. Once you get to the latter part of the tomb of giants, you can farm, skeletons for a while and get both souls and humanity.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:06 am

I was using the skull lantern, but had it in my secondary slot so I could swap back to my shield quickly.

The giant skeleton dog got in one very fast attack before I had my shield up and stunlocked me. Mad

I'm going to go see a few other zones before I come back to the Tomb of Giants. I basically just wanted to light the bonfire so it would be added to my list of warp locations.

After farming for a bit I think I am going to to visit the Duke's Archives. Robe & Wizard Hat
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 9:41 am

bdwright77 wrote:
Were you using the lantern in Tomb of Giants? I personally liked the cast light spell for it so I could keep up my shield and sword/pyro glove. You can get the cast light spell from What'shername Vinland down by the Hydra in Darkroot Garden.

And don't worry... the souls are easy to come by. Once you get to the latter part of the tomb of giants, you can farm, skeletons for a while and get both souls and humanity.

Yup, about a million every 30 min or so. Game is a cakewalk after that.

Also really nice to max out humannity (99 in your box, 99 usable, 99 used). there's some kickass weapons builds using the humanity stat path.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 16 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next