HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:48 am

Made it through the Duke's Archives and all the way to the boss fight in the Crystal Caves. I will try to kill him tonight. I got a bunch of twinkling titanite from those clam shell things. Robe & Wizard Hat

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:40 am

PRetty cool level design, yeah?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:42 am

I loved them both!

I'm still using my Man-Serpent Greatsword +13 and it's tearing everything up. I'm going to go buy the Steel armor set and upgrade that as soon as I get out of here. From being in prison I am completely out of arrows, poison arrows, even crossbow bolts. I need to get out of here to stock up and upgrade!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:43 am

Benny what level is your dude?

Is the DLC worth purchasing?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:45 pm

The DlC was a lot of fun, if only a little short. Lots of cool gear and new magic and boss fights. I'll have to checkmy guy tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Re-volution
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:51 pm

I am at SL like 130 I think. If you two are going to do the DLC or whatever, count me in!!!

Didn't know you got back into this Alpha? You need Benny and me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:13 am

I'm at about SL 65 I think.

I killed Seath the Scaleless last night. It took me probably 7 attempts because I kept trying to chop off his middle tail. I even summoned another player one time. I tried again, but there were no soul signs in sight, so I went it alone the final time. I ignored his middle tail and just hacked away at the side and brought him down.

I killed those clamshells every time I went back though, and ended up with like 28 twinkling titanite. I bought the steel armor set and it turns out you only need titanite shards and large pieces to upgrade that, not the twinkling, so I have a bunch of twinkling titanite in my inventory.

Tonight I think I will try to kill the Four Kings since I haven't done that yet. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:05 am

Have fun.

Razz

Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:49 pm

Not by yourself you won't bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:50 pm

I haven't really been paying too much attention to the NPC quest/story lines, like Knight Solaire and Big Hat Logan. Are any of them necessary for a STR build play through or is it okay if I just ignore them?

e.g. I haven't saved Big Hat from Sen's Fortress, I don't think. I don't think I could use any of his spells anyway.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Re-volution wrote:

For bosses I have just been staying offline until I clear my way to the fog gate. Then I quit out of the game, log in, load the game and hit some summon signs right at the gate. In some cases where I have just been staying online, I haven't been invaded by nearly as many douchebag soul glitch cheaters as I did in Undead Burg and Anor Londo.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:23 pm

Sif was the only enemy I every really had a hard time beating by myself. Smough and Otis (or whatever their names were) were a close second.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:03 am

TyrantII wrote:
Have fun.

Razz

Re-volution wrote:

Four Kings ded. First attempt. Solo.

Ceaseless Discharge ded. First attempt. Solo.

Got the Chaos Flame Ember, Darkwraith Kirk's shield and sword, and the demon great axe.

Boom.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:30 am

Killin' it! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:05 am

pffff. try it at SL 4....

king

1%'r

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:16 am

Got my revenge on the Stray Demon last night. Used the titanite slab to upgrade my man-serpent greatsword to +15. That upped the strength bonus to an "A" rating. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:59 am

Cleared out The Hollow and Ash Lake. Made my way into the Demon Ruins and killed the two centipedes. Had to log out right before that first fog gate that the mini Ford Taurus is guarding. That is one freaking cool zone...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:38 am

So what happens to your weapons after you beat NG and decide to play through NG+? For example, will my man-serpent greatsword +15 lose the "+15" upgrade I have done to it and just revert back to a normal weapon? Or do you continue to upgrade it in NG+ to +16, etc?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:12 am

Centipede demon ded. Bed of Chaos ded. Lost Izalith is one cool zone!

On to the Tomb of Giants, then I think I'm almost done.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:21 am

You keep all your gear (stones, rings, upgraded weapons, armor, etc.) with the exception of any keys you obtained. +15 is the top for any regular upgrade path weapon. +5 for the others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:09 am

bdwright77 wrote:
You keep all your gear (stones, rings, upgraded weapons, armor, etc.) with the exception of any keys you obtained. +15 is the top for any regular upgrade path weapon. +5 for the others.

None of your items revert, and you have access to everything from bonfire #1 (#2 technically, after the naked tutorial level again)

Enemies get quite a HP/Atk Power boosts though, so you might find some of your weapons taking a hit. Especially straight damage weapons (lightning, high non scaling attack power, ect). Scaling weapons, your build/SL that makes use of them, and using the upgrade paths becomes more necessary. I’d say the start of NG+ is a tad easier, but it does scale up quickly.

1%'r

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:59 am

Gravelord Nito ded. First attempt, solo. It took 13 Estus flasks though. Cool

I went down to the Kiln of the First Flame and got my black knight halberd, shield, greatsword, etc. etc. I found a fog door close to the entrance and figured it was just to access another area ala' Anor Londo fog doors but noooooo... there was Gwyn. I fought him for a minute and died, then ran back and got my souls and homeward boned out. I wasn't ready to end the fist play through yet.

As far as boss souls go, if I am not going to make a weapon out of them, I should just use them for souls to level up, right? Obviously you can't take those with you to NG+...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:43 am

hmm, think you can... wiki?

1%'r

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:01 am

Huh... I guess they do... that does make sense if the weapons don't change though. I figured they would become more powerful than the NG weapons since the enemies got so much tougher. I guess not.

Quote :
What doesn't carry over

Most keys and key items (listed as keys) will be gone.
The Repair and Smithboxes will be gone.
All the Embers have to be found again.
The Covenant of Artorias Ring will be lost.
The Orange Charred Ring will be lost.
The Rite of Kindling will be lost.
The Lordvessel, and its warping abilities, will be lost.
Any costumes unlocked to purchase from Domnhall of Zena must be earned again (with the exception of Great Lord Armor.)
Sin will be lost, so the new game starts sin free.
All unlocked doors and shortcuts will close.
The shortcut to Lost Izalith can still be opened if the player remains a Chaos Servant +2.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:09 am

Boss weapons typically are either very underpowered in NG+, or require very specific builds to get some bang out of them.

DeS was the same way.

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Dark Souls-
Jump to: