HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tez
Bonerfart
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:16 pm

THREE

PLAYER

CO-OP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:47 pm

*faints*

_________________
Best.  Cutscene.  Ever.
The Caring Continuum:
Spoiler:
 


Back to top Go down
View user profile
R2-JD
Mule's Spoon Boy
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:56 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
*faints*

Ditto!

Open world... co-op... Want it! Excited! Excited! Excited! Excited!

Wish it was from Atlus and PS3 only though...

JD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:46 am

voice chat?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:07 am

kkrambo wrote:
voice chat?
Excellent question. I'll be pdissed if there's no VC.

_________________
Best.  Cutscene.  Ever.
The Caring Continuum:
Spoiler:
 


Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:37 am

bdwright77 wrote:
Recommended move to Multiplatorm area?


Done. I'll be buying this if I can save my game so I don't lose 3 hours worth of playtime because a camera control angle/issue caused me to fall off of a ledge/cliff/beam/staircase and die.

_________________
PSN: AlphaShepherd
XBL: AlphaShepherd
Skype ID: AlphaShepherd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:28 am

frankthetoad wrote:
kkrambo wrote:
voice chat?
Excellent question. I'll be pdissed if there's no VC.

no voice chat = deal breaker

_________________


psn: matzira
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:29 am

Mark Sporto wrote:
frankthetoad wrote:
kkrambo wrote:
voice chat?
Excellent question. I'll be pdissed if there's no VC.

no voice chat = deal breaker

If that's the case then we just buy it for our 360's!! cheers

_________________
PSN: AlphaShepherd
XBL: AlphaShepherd
Skype ID: AlphaShepherd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:43 am

GameSpot preview.


Quote :
He also made sure that we were all aware that, like its challenging predecessor, Dark Souls was going to be difficult. Death will come, and it will come often. So much in fact, that Kajii hopes players will find it funny.

Suspect

_________________
PSN: AlphaShepherd
XBL: AlphaShepherd
Skype ID: AlphaShepherd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:06 pm

article titled: "can x-box handle dark souls?"

http://revolt-tech.com/archives/881

edit: incredibly ridiculous opinion piece. giggle worthy. pole and comments as you would expect. i hope the people keep writing this garbage don't get paid for their work.

_________________


psn: matzira


Last edited by Mark Sporto on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:15 pm

Holy over-generalization Batman. HJ

_________________
PSN: AlphaShepherd
XBL: AlphaShepherd
Skype ID: AlphaShepherd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:20 pm

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE DARK SOULS!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:24 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:
Holy over-generalization Batman. HJ

it made me giggle. did you se the pole at the bottom? i forgot to mention that with the link because the baby is screaming in my ear...

i'm so tired of the comparisons anymore. they're just comical at this point.

_________________


psn: matzira


Last edited by Mark Sporto on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:25 pm

Yep. I enjoyed the comments too... Razz

_________________
PSN: AlphaShepherd
XBL: AlphaShepherd
Skype ID: AlphaShepherd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Re-volution
Bonerfart
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:51 pm

Even more win for today. KZ3 Beta tonight and now this news!!! This is the first I've heard of this game.







Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:37 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:
Mark Sporto wrote:
frankthetoad wrote:
kkrambo wrote:
voice chat?
Excellent question. I'll be pdissed if there's no VC.

no voice chat = deal breaker

If that's the case then we just buy it for our 360's!! cheers

cheers


wait a second...



Suspect

_________________


psn: matzira
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mouse
Bonerfart
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:38 pm



Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:39 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:
Yep. I enjoyed the comments too... Razz

I posted there, and I agree. Playstation has always been the platform for variation and micro-genre titles. Not that that's wrong, or the 360's focus is wrong; just that it might not be a good thing for Dark Souls. Looking at the numbers, then the irritated fanboys arguments in the comments, he's on to something they don't want to hear:



Quote :
top 10 performers on the 360:


In millions of units sold:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 12.20
Halo 3 11.36
Call of Duty: Black Ops 10.60
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 8.58
Grand Theft Auto IV 8.37
Kinect Adventures! 8.02
Halo: Reach 7.69
Call of Duty: World at War 6.63
Gears of War 6.12
Gears of War 2 6.12

4 are COD, 6 are FPS, 3 are arguable very arcade-y and accessible 3rd person shooters. Then there's Kinect Razz

Forza did well, but it's a fraction of what FPS/3rdPS did at 4.08 million worldwide. As a comparison, GT5 has already outsold it worldwide, on a console that has been shown to have a much smaller attach rate.

As for Ninja Gaiden? 1 million sold world wide.

Yes, it's true that Demons Souls only sold 1 million on the PS3, but Atlus only expected it to do 400,000 units. 60% over their estimates isn;t a small feat, especially for a game that earned it's sales through word of mouth only (there was no advertising campaign for DS). Again, I hope it does well on the 360, but i just don't think it's appeal coincides with the data of what 360 users love.

_________________


Last edited by TyrantII on Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:39 pm

It's mouse's great grand-pappy!! And he's pdissed off!!! Shocked

_________________
PSN: AlphaShepherd
XBL: AlphaShepherd
Skype ID: AlphaShepherd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:44 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:
It's mouse's great grand-Fappy!! And he's pdissed off!!! Shocked

fixed.

_________________


psn: matzira
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:49 pm

LOL @ great grand Fappy....NO THANKS!

_________________
Best.  Cutscene.  Ever.
The Caring Continuum:
Spoiler:
 


Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:53 pm

TyrantII wrote:
AlphaShepherd wrote:
Yep. I enjoyed the comments too... Razz

I posted there, and I agree. Playstation has always been the platform for variation and micro-genre titles. Not that that's wrong, or the 360's focus is wrong; just that it might not be a good thing for Dark Souls. Looking at the numbers, then the irritated fanboys arguments in the comments, he's on to something they don't want to hear:



Quote :
top 10 performers on the 360:


In millions of units sold:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 12.20
Halo 3 11.36
Call of Duty: Black Ops 10.60
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 8.58
Grand Theft Auto IV 8.37
Kinect Adventures! 8.02
Halo: Reach 7.69
Call of Duty: World at War 6.63
Gears of War 6.12
Gears of War 2 6.12

4 are COD, 6 are FPS, 3 are arguable very arcade-y and accessible 3rd person shooters. Then there's Kinect Razz

Forza did well, but it's a fraction of what FPS/3rdPS did at 4.08 million worldwide. As a comparison, GT5 has already outsold it worldwide, on a console that has been shown to have a much smaller attach rate.

As for Ninja Gaiden? 1 million sold world wide.

Yes, it's true that Demons Souls only sold 1 million on the PS3, but Atlus only expected it to do 400,000 units. 60% over their estimates isn;t a small feat, especially for a game that earned it's sales through word of mouth only (there was no advertising campaign for DS). Again, I hope it does well on the 360, but i just don't think it's appeal coincides with the data of what 360 users love.

Those are some interesting numbers. Taken from a comment section from a blog with no link. Maybe they have some basis in reality, I don't know, but they are obviously grouped like that to sway the author's intended point.


Now, here are some real, factual numbers from vgchartz.com.

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly.php?reg=America&console=&date=2010&maker=

You'll notice there that there is plenty of variety in the top Xbox 360 titles of 2010. Including Kinect Adventures, Red Dead Redemption, and Madden '11. As far as more FPS's being sold for the 360 vs. their PS3 counterpart, there are 11.5 million more 360's out there than PS3's.

golfclap

_________________
PSN: AlphaShepherd
XBL: AlphaShepherd
Skype ID: AlphaShepherd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Mark Sporto wrote:
AlphaShepherd wrote:
It's mouse's great grand-Fappy!! And he's pdissed off!!! Shocked

fixed.

Razz

_________________
PSN: AlphaShepherd
XBL: AlphaShepherd
Skype ID: AlphaShepherd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Quote :
Yes, it's true that Demons Souls only sold 1 million on the PS3, but Atlus only expected it to do 400,000 units. 60% over their estimates isn;t a small feat,

Math fail nerd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
avatar


PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:58 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:
TyrantII wrote:
AlphaShepherd wrote:
Yep. I enjoyed the comments too... Razz

I posted there, and I agree. Playstation has always been the platform for variation and micro-genre titles. Not that that's wrong, or the 360's focus is wrong; just that it might not be a good thing for Dark Souls. Looking at the numbers, then the irritated fanboys arguments in the comments, he's on to something they don't want to hear:



Quote :
top 10 performers on the 360:


In millions of units sold:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 12.20
Halo 3 11.36
Call of Duty: Black Ops 10.60
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 8.58
Grand Theft Auto IV 8.37
Kinect Adventures! 8.02
Halo: Reach 7.69
Call of Duty: World at War 6.63
Gears of War 6.12
Gears of War 2 6.12

4 are COD, 6 are FPS, 3 are arguable very arcade-y and accessible 3rd person shooters. Then there's Kinect Razz

Forza did well, but it's a fraction of what FPS/3rdPS did at 4.08 million worldwide. As a comparison, GT5 has already outsold it worldwide, on a console that has been shown to have a much smaller attach rate.

As for Ninja Gaiden? 1 million sold world wide.

Yes, it's true that Demons Souls only sold 1 million on the PS3, but Atlus only expected it to do 400,000 units. 60% over their estimates isn;t a small feat, especially for a game that earned it's sales through word of mouth only (there was no advertising campaign for DS). Again, I hope it does well on the 360, but i just don't think it's appeal coincides with the data of what 360 users love.

Those are some interesting numbers. Taken from a comment section from a blog with no link. Maybe they have some basis in reality, I don't know, but they are obviously grouped like that to sway the author's intended point.


Now, here are some real, factual numbers from vgchartz.com.

http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly.php?reg=America&console=&date=2010&maker=

You'll notice there that there is plenty of variety in the top Xbox 360 titles of 2010. Including Kinect Adventures, Red Dead Redemption, and Madden '11. As far as more FPS's being sold for the 360 vs. their PS3 counterpart, there are 11.5 million more 360's out there than PS3's.

golfclap

LOL@ Alpha. Let's see if he realizes I compiled those numbers...



They're just the top selling games of all time on the 360. The point was that the top selling games are the games people on the system like the most, and they tend to be two genres. I also threw in Forza cause some fanboy decided to call GT5 a failure while praising F3. So I pointed out one can not be a failure if the other is a success, since they're neck and neck.

The other point is that the 360 tends to have a much better record at selling software (better attach rate). So, games that sell poorly on it compared to the blockbusters probably mean they're less popular. They also have the console lead, which means more buyers. If they supported other small genre's, my guess is we'd see larger numbers sold. The number seems to show that isn't happening, and that 360 users gravitate toward specific games.

edit: here's the absent link http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=&publisher=&console=X360&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

_________________


Last edited by TyrantII on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   

Back to top Go down
 
*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Dark Souls-
Jump to: