The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dark Souls Resources

Go down 
+9
bdwright77
kkrambo
Rooksarii
Kekborg
AlphaShepherd
mbgonzomd
TyrantII
Re-volution
frankthetoad
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:37 pm

Added in some Snuggly the Crow trade-in items in first post. Keep in mind they have names translated from the Japanese version of the game. study
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:48 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:
Added in some Snuggly the Crow trade-in items in first post. Keep in mind they have names translated from the Japanese version of the game. study
Thanks for posting that. I need to go back to see Snuggly. Don't want to do anything else at the Asylum, but getting rid of my rubbish and dung piles for good items would be nice.

I edited the post to change names. Shining Titanite = Twinkling Titanite, etc.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:54 pm

Nice! I also figured "Crap Dumpling" was "Dung Pile" but wasn't sure.... lol!

I am going to name my next character, "Crap Dumpling"....
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 3:04 pm

I think it's funny that Dung Pile is actually a collectible in this game. I've got a ton of them!
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 3:12 pm

they should have had a poo trophy
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:27 am

Info on drops and humanity:

Quote :
On your status page is your item discovery statistic. I know the 1st humanity gives you +20 and each one after gives +5 so if it does cap out at 30 humanity. You should have 265 item discovery at that level (MAX).

So anything above 30 active is just a waste.

there's also a ring later that will +300 item discovery. Not sure if it stacks or not with humanity...

Last edited by TyrantII on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:28 am

I've never been higher than 2. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:29 am

There's a good place in the sewers near a bonfire with 5 rats to farm it (rats always drop it). Funny thing is, the ore you have, the more likely you'll get it.

Mad
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:30 am

I have lots of it saved up... probably 8 or so... I just never use it since I'm afraid I'll just lose it when I die 5 minutes later.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:36 am

TyrantII wrote:
Info on drops and humanity:

Quote :
On your status page is your item discovery statistic. I know the 1st humanity gives you +20 and each one after gives +5 so if it does cap out at 30 humanity. You should have 265 item discovery at that level (MAX).

So anything above 30 active is just a waste.

there's also a ring later that will +300 item discovery. Not sure if it stacks or not with humanity...

There's a ring, and something called a Mimic Head. I don't think the 30 humanity is right.

TyrantII wrote:
There's a good place in the sewers near a bonfire with 5 rats to farm it (rats always drop it). Funny thing is, the ore you have, the more likely you'll get it.

Mad
I think it depends on the weapon you're using. When I used a Magic Scimitar to kill them, I got lots of green shards. When I used the Drake, I got more regular shards...
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:43 am

30 is right, or so say people on the tubes. 31-99 doesn't raise your discovery stat apparently.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:44 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
I have lots of it saved up... probably 8 or so... I just never use it since I'm afraid I'll just lose it when I die 5 minutes later.

I have used mine to kindle fires. I like having 10 estus instead of 5.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:48 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
AlphaShepherd wrote:

I have used mine to kindle fires. I like having 10 estus instead of 5.

Me too. I kindle every fire I get to since I will probably be at it for awhile because I level slow. I also used some so I could revert to human for two boss fights so I could summon some help. What a Face
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:37 am

Added Gamespot's walkthrough to first post.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
Added Gamespot's walkthrough to first post.
That's an awesome walkthrough. Looks like I'm going back into Sen's tonight to go through an area I missed!
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:36 am

I stand corrected, Tyrant. 30 humanities is the max. That will bring your drop rate to 265. If you equip the ring alone, it will take your drop rate from 0-300. Add 30 humanities to that and it gets ridiculous.

I walked right by the ring last night. Going back tonight to get it, farming me some frogs, and finishing with Nito.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:59 pm

Anyone smart enough to find a place that list all the ports this game uses?

I've opened all the regular PS3 ones, have the PS3 on a static IP, NAT type 2, and had it in DMZ. Saw a post where someone says DMZ might be messing it up, and although I have no idea why that would be the case, going to try to remove it tonight and see how it goes.

tried getting invited to invade the smash demon last night at SL30 and it sucked all around. No one was inviting me sitting around the bonfire. Put it on the stairs and got summoned maybe once every 15-20 min. Signed out a few times to change servers and 5-6 time it dumped me on the same server that, at least to me, appeared empty (no blood stains, very few comments). Other server switches didn't help.

My online experience feels dead Sad
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:19 pm

It's not a port, port forwarding or DMZ issue if you have been summoned/can summon people before.

I think it just takes time because of the "Level +/- 10%" restriction. So for that specific boss since you are level 30, you would need someone from level 27-33 only to try and summon you. Between that and possibly being on a less populated server, your chances of being summoned are kind of slim.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:23 pm

Apparently the official guide states its +/-10SL, while Namco said +/-10% of SL

Who knows.

With how big the levels are comparably, the P2P system and more actually areas total; they should have expanded the restrictions. If enemy strength then becomes an issue, base it on SL of those summoned.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:26 pm

Quote :
@CL60 said:

@Mordukai: Uhh.. how is this any different then Demons Souls? It looks exactly the same with very minor changes.

it looks very similar but if you read further you realize it's not. The main change to formula is that -/+ 10% of host level which limits the number of player you can interact with. The formula in Demon's Souls was Host Level x 0.1 +10. The result would indicate the level range of people you can interact with.

For Example: A level 40 character in Demon's Souls can summon/invade 26-54 players. In Dark Souls a level 40 character can interact with a 36-44 players.

This topped with the way the new online system works severely limits the online play. They just introduced too many variables to the system that not only limits online play with friends but limits any online play. Why even bother putting an online system if your going to limit it to the point where it's almost useless? I understand they were going for the loneliness, depressing blah blah blah, but people who want to PvP are not looking for that.

Now don't me wrong mate. I like this game very much. From Software created something very unique but it amazes me on how they essentially tuned their back on an entire community. I know they did not mean for that in Demon's Souls but don't they realize it succeeded the way it because of that community?

There's a reason I played Demon's Souls for over 500 hours, and there's a reason I got excited every time I logged in. I don't know if you ever a part of it but the community torments were the most fun I had in any online game I have ever played. So now there's really no reason for me to play the game once I'm done with the single play. I am not one of those who has to have every freaking item in them game for the sake of heaving it. I fear this game will not have the longevity demon's has (that is until they close the servers).

The Solution:
Raise the ping cap so people with less then idle internet can also enjoy the online components.
Add a "Free Roam" mode where you can invite specific people to your world but have a restriction to your item drops and your level progression.
Add an Arena somewhere in the world, undead Burg seems the most idle, where people can come for the sole purpose of PvP.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:19 pm

Tyrant, I'll wait for 30 minutes at a boss fog to spot a soul sign sometimes. I think you have to remember that this game just came out in the US. It will take a while for people to be near you in level, for there even be a lot of players period, and an even longer time for people to figure out what the white soapstone even does. There are a lot of people playing this that never played DS.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:26 pm

SL 30 though?

Never ever had that problem in DS....

I've been purposely going slow to stay within reach of others if they want to try to COOP. I've practically bought everything up and built a soul mansion in firelink.

Cool
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:35 pm

In DS, everyone was on a single server...so of course there were more soul signs around. They were everywhere! Here, you've got a game that's been released for just over one week, on a bunch of different servers, that it's probably randomly dropping folks on.

You're probably on a server with geeks like me that are SL 55 or higher (much higher since there's an asinine glitch I refuse to use) and can't connect with them.

Seriously, though, for almost every boss I play, I put down my sign and sometimes wait as long as 30 minutes to be summoned. I read while I wait. The same thing happens when I want to summon...except that I actually have to pay attention.

I say give it some time. I know it blows goats, but many, many people seem to be having the same issue.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Waiting 30 mins, to me, means somethings broken, or something needs to be fixed.

I really do hope it gets patched. The interesting COOP, epic cooperative boss battles and fear of invasions was the best part of DS for me...

Doesn't seem to be the case, but I'm wondering why the game would be dumping SL30's on servers populated with mainly SL50's. It make sense to have specific servers link specific ranges of SL since those people are most likely to be hacking away at the same areas and needing hep with the same bosses.

That fact that FS doesn't have a US portal or company presence, and Namco-Bandi seems to be clueless worries me a tad. Especially since there's the do-do heads bitching about not meeting up with friends, or the game being too hard; which was always intended.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:02 pm

<------------ do-do head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls Resources
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next