The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dark Souls Resources

Go down 
+9
bdwright77
kkrambo
Rooksarii
Kekborg
AlphaShepherd
mbgonzomd
TyrantII
Re-volution
frankthetoad
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:48 am

I'm sure most of you know this, but I just discovered it last night by accident. When enemies like the spear and shield ghouls are facing you with their guard up, a kick will stagger them and let your attack through if you follow it up quickly.

Also, if you have gotten the Drake sword, it has a special R2 attack... however using that will quickly break the weapon. study
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:56 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
I'm sure most of you know this, but I just discovered it last night by accident. When enemies like the spear and shield ghouls are facing you with their guard up, a kick will stagger them and let your attack through if you follow it up quickly.

Also, if you have gotten the Drake sword, it has a special R2 attack... however using that will quickly break the weapon. study

I haven't mastered the roll attack, so I always kick folks with their shields up.

I also got a warning on my screen last night that my Drake Sword was about to break. I about shat myself.... Went and had it repaired immediately!
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:03 am

By the way Toad I see the shields you are talking about now. When I am finished with an area, I usually go and watch EpicNameBro's guide to the area on YouTube, like this one:

To make sure I didn't miss anything. All the shield ghouls in the chapel area are using that shield, so I will farm a bunch of them tonight and try to get one. Cool
Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:09 am

I have to play around more witht he kick/jump attack mechanic still. The ability to jump after a dash is a breath of fresh air in and of itself in this game.

I usually just stand and stare at the guys with shields up, keep em targeted and brutalize them with a reposte after their swing/strike. Daggers have a whole new lease on life in this game...the critical damage difference is substantial comparted to regular weapons. 140ish crit damage with a short sword, 260 with the thief starting dagger. I may just have missed the boat in DS1, but never saw these numbers in the first.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:12 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
By the way Toad I see the shields you are talking about now. When I am finished with an area, I usually go and watch EpicNameBro's guide to the area on YouTube, like this one:

To make sure I didn't miss anything. All the shield ghouls in the chapel area are using that shield, so I will farm a bunch of them tonight and try to get one. Cool
I've got my shield up to +3. I love it. It's got some decent stats and doesn't weigh a ton.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:57 am

Speaking of shields, in DS using L2 would stagger an enemy with the shield attack. Doesn't seem to be the case in DKS, right?

It only parries them if you hit during the right time.

Maybe that's what kick now does?
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:58 am

Where are you guys getting the stuff (titenite?) to upgrade things? I have not been able to upgrade anything yet.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:01 am

Random drops from the newer enemies. The zombies knights in undeadburg don't drop them. You start finding them in undead parish.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:51 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
Where are you guys getting the stuff (titenite?) to upgrade things? I have not been able to upgrade anything yet.

There was a crystal lizard in the spiral staircase up to Taurus that dropped some for me. And also just before the that spiral staircase tower there is a badass night protecting an item and I think he dropped some for me too.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:18 pm

TyrantII wrote:
Speaking of shields, in DS using L2 would stagger an enemy with the shield attack. Doesn't seem to be the case in DKS, right?

It only parries them if you hit during the right time.

Maybe that's what kick now does?
I believe the larger shields still do this...though I haven't come across one yet.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:55 pm

Added the IGN Dark Soul's Wiki to the first post.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/dark-souls
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:24 pm

Added a list of locations/effects of all rings to the first post.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:41 pm

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:51 pm

TyrantII wrote:
Sweet chart for understanding the upgrade system: http://darksouls.wdfiles.com/local--files/upgradechart/UpgradePath%282%29.png

Awesome find... edited into first post.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:52 pm

So did I...it seems to have worked out regardless.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:52 pm

It says unique weapons can be upgraded. I've got some twinkling titanite, but no option to upgrade...
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:55 pm

toadthefrank wrote:
So did I...it seems to have worked out regardless.

Ghey!
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:00 pm

toadthefrank wrote:
It says unique weapons can be upgraded. I've got some twinkling titanite, but no option to upgrade...

Needs more sparkles.
Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:06 pm

TyrantII wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:

Needs more sparkles.

And thus, From Software patched in "The Vibro Stone" upgrade material....and there was much rejoicing...

GheyRoll poledance teabag FapFest
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:15 am

Updated first post with another weapon upgrade chart.
Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:16 pm

Not sure if we want this here or elsewhere, but found a new soul farming location/glitch/Cheap Trick:

Spoiler:

And now for real...this requires a 20000 soul investment at the smith to work....

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:19 pm

It's already in the farming thread. It's a great spot that I use when I need some humanity or titanite shards...

Remember that if you join the Forest Servants covenant these guys won't attack you. They will if you attack them...but then they'll always be aggressive to you.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:46 pm

toadthefrank wrote:
It's already in the farming thread. It's a great spot that I use when I need some humanity or titanite shards...

Remember that if you join the Forest Servants covenant these guys won't attack you. They will if you attack them...but then they'll always be aggressive to you.

I need to save up 20K souls some how for that key. Sad
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:53 pm

Wish there was a way to convert humanity in the upper left, into collectable humanity. I'd love to farm some then roll at +20, but just knowing I'd lose it all if I screw up means it'll never happen.

They should have had it modify attack power and dex IMO. And they should have handicapped both again, as in DS, while hollowed.
Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 1:30 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:

I need to save up 20K souls some how for that key. Sad

Just old school farm at the dragon bridge. If it gets boring, get the bridge 300 and then run to say the the rats and then back to the merchant. Gets about 600 a run like that, and some chances at humanity from the rats. I was able to get 10k pretty quick, 20k shouldnt be too rough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Resources   Dark Souls Resources - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls Resources
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next