The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information

Go down 
+6
mbgonzomd
eclipz
TyrantII
Smitty
kkrambo
frankthetoad
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 2:31 pm

Well, first it will show you have a message waiting for you in the notification bar of the companion app, you hit that, and then it's blank. So...not confusing at all!
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Cool websites for you:

www.destinydb.com - There's lots of great info, with regular updates on the home page. Additionally, you can search for any character and see all the awesome details. Here's mine.

db.destinytracker.com also has some cool info. I tend to only use this one when I want to see what the various shaders will look like on me. Check me out.

Heroic missions tend to have modifiers on them, so here's a good list of what they all mean.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 2:59 pm

Eclipz, did you create the alliance with AVS?  If so then maybe you can invite BYOB into our alliance.

According to this FAQ, a group can belong to only one alliance but an alliance can include multiple groups. And it sounds like only the founder has alliance skillz.

Did Sidhavoc just join our group?  He's from BYOB and so is grommyfrog.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 4:24 pm

Yeah, I created an alliance with AVS in the first few days. I sent BYOB an invitation, maybe they can join us. I think they sent another request and it still gave me the same message.

Yeah, Sidhavoc joined us today.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 9:42 am

Merged the wikis and tips topic and added everything to the first post. Lots of good information.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 3:34 pm

What is the significance of the color of the attack stat for weapons?

Does the little arm band I wear affect anything.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 4:09 pm

Nope, your arm band doesn't do anything unless you put on another faction's band- New Monarchy, Future War Cult, or Dead Orbit. If you do that, the Vanguard rep you earn will go to them instead of your class (i.e., warlock) vanguard.

If you mean the yellow numbers that pop up when you shoot something, that's precision damage.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 5:53 pm

Or if you mean the orange, blue, or purple damage rating then those indicate elemental effects. An elemental weapon is highly effective against enemies with à shield of the same color. For example, wizards usually have an orangish shield so use a fire weapon. Minotaurs usually have a purplish shield so use a void weapon.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 8:01 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 7:24 pm

Updated the first post with a link that explains every exotic weapon and their upgrades. Pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 2:28 pm

Hey all! Still about, just pretty darn bad at keeping on the boards here.

If anyone wants to take the Venus chest run to the next level, let me know. I have spent way too much time memorizing each chest location in the Ember Cave area, including about 26 spots on the map, the 8 caves, and which ones share spawn timers. It's best for spirit bloom farming and maxing out glimmer in a short amount of time, but not so efficient at getting engrams. I've been using the run to supplement my PvP crucible marks by turning in all the bloom. I average about 100-150 bloom an hour Wink

I may actually make a YouTube video of it once Sony patches upload to YouTube. Until then though, I'd be happy to take you on a guided tour if we are online. I know I've missed a few of all of your invites, I tend to turn the TV off and hit the hay while still in orbit.
Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 3:31 pm

Loves them duplicate posts!
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 10:25 pm

Wtf is the "golden gun"? That thing one hit kills me all the time in crucible.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 7:26 am

The hunters special power is to draw a golden handgun with three magic bullets. At some point I think they unlock a fourth bullet.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:01 am

For those guys that have multiple classes going, what is the most powerful special power? The arc blade one seems pretty ridiculous at times.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 8:20 am

It depends if you're doing PvP or PvE.

I've upgraded my warlock and a hunter. I still prefer my warlock, but that's probably because I've played over 100 hours with him.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 1:44 pm

kkrambo wrote:
The hunters special power is to draw a golden handgun with three magic bullets.  At some point I think they unlock a fourth bullet.

The symbiot helm unlocks the 4th shot. Arcblade does seem worse since it last longer and practically makes you invincible when using it.

You can make short work of an entire team if they're grouped up close.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 3:18 pm

A nice little site to see where your characters are at. Type in you gamertag and hit search.

destinystatus.com

TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 Untitl10
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 11:26 pm

So I made a new character. I think I am level 6 now. At what point can I do the daily heroic strikes and get more ascendant stuff? Do I have to get it to level 20?
Back to top Go down
JD23
JD23

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 9:21 am

Yes, you need to get to Level 20.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:03 am

Level 18 is when everything starts opening up.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 12:20 pm

If you didn't shard armor from the first character you couldn't use it's a pretty quick setup. I was in level 20 in about 7 hours, put on left over legendary from my hunter to immediately get to 24, and was 26 3 hours later.

Assuming RNG gave you a bunch of other class armor.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:17 pm

This is for undeadRedd.

To get your NOM clan tag to show up in game you need to set your account to the PlayStation clan. It is a link under you banner on https://www.bungie.net/.

TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 1ah5v810
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:35 am

Yup, first you join the NOMCLAN "Group", then you have to "set clan"

Two step process, cause we're that cool.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next