HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:51 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if they did it all on purpose. They had to know people would find ways to farm and grind constantly. This is a cool way to have some fun with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Exactly. I don't think this will ever get patched because they built it in specifically.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:49 am

I concure

NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:13 am

You're against medicine?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:14 am

I'll take the other side.  I don't believe the cave was intentional and I believe it will be patched out.

I'll also guess that they will tweak the drop algorithm so that higher level bosses have a greater chance to drop high level engrams.  Now it seems that all levels of enemy have the same (very low) chance to drop a high level engram.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:18 am

kkrambo wrote:
I'll also guess that they will tweak the drop algorithm so that higher level bosses have a greater chance to drop high level engrams.  Now it seems that all levels of enemy have the same chance to drop a high level engram.
My understanding is that they use a random number generator for the drop. Kill a low level thrall and get a legendary engram, kill that boss that took 30 minutes to down....nothing.

Crucible is even more in your face. The lowest scoring member on your team getting a legendary weapon while the beast mode guy with all of the kills is awarded nothing.

It's odd, but at least you know the rules going in. Also, once you're past level 24 or so, the Treasure Cave doesn't have much allure. You're better spending your time going after strange coins and vanguard marks. Those will get you guaranteed legendaries.

That doesn't mean that I still don't occasionally find myself by that cave, but more recently it's because I want to be there when the Warsat drops.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:25 am

I don't mind that the Crucible is random. The Crucible bad-asses don't need any more advantages. Everyone should be able to benefit from playing the crucible. Even Snoots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:16 am

LOL. Even toad. I freaking suck at it. It seems the only way to kill someone is with a grenade, a heavy weapon or your super.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:07 pm

In racked up 40 headshots split between the hand cannon and pluse rifle last night.  I think you just need to pick your fights and know the maps / counters for situations.

I'm ok with ultra rare drops, although all the bitching means Bungie will probably make them more common to appeas the moaners. Guy first to 30 appear yesterday and it only took him 100 hours across 3 charicters; which is nothing compared to traditional MOAB/MMO's.

NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:43 pm

TyrantII wrote:
In racked up 40 headshots split between the hand cannon and pluse rifle last night.  I think you just need to pick your fights and know the maps / counters for situations.

I'm ok with ultra rare drops, although all the bitching means Bungie will probably make them more common to appeas the moaners. Guy first to 30 appear yesterday and it only took him 100 hours across 3 charicters; which is nothing compared to traditional MOAB/MMO's.  

1st, are those bounties for headshots in the Crucible or PvE?

2nd, I hope Bungie doesn't cave to pressure like every other developer does. I think it cheapens the experience.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:50 pm

PVP, two were PVP and the other 4 PVE bounties. I'm doing the others tonight hopefully and buying into the next round.

NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:02 pm

No.  You're doing the weekly heroic with me and someone else that volunteers.  Smile

We will ALL be rocking solar special and heavy weapons.  Level 22+.

I've found that you absolutely cannot do much if your light level is lower than the mission.  You will cause damage to enemies, but it will be so small that it's more frustrating that fun.

Someone on reddit posted their findings with damage dealt at different levels.  It falls off extremely fast.  I placed the information in the first post.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:11 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
No.  You're doing the weekly heroic with me and someone else that volunteers.  Smile

We will ALL be rocking solar special and heavy weapons.  Level 22+.

I've found that you absolutely cannot do much if your light level is lower than the mission.  You will cause damage to enemies, but it will be so small that it's more frustrating that fun.

Someone on reddit posted their findings with damage dealt at different levels.  It falls off extremely fast.  I placed the information in the first post.

I was level 20 playing a level 22 strike with you and some rando last night. You both had 100+ kills, I had 18 kills and what felt like 100 deaths. My weapons and armor were far outmatched by even the most basic enemies (shanks, etc).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:18 pm

Yeah, it can't be a ton of fun. That said, you were one helluva medic!

That dude never died. I died a ton myself. He was a level below me.

The crazy thing is that your level after 20 has nothing to do with actual skill, only with what armor you have equipped.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:24 pm

Yeah, I need better armor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:50 pm

I want to do the weekly heroic strike. I'm level 23.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:28 pm

Reports are that the Treasure Cave has been patched.

I award kkkrambo one internet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:46 am

When? It was being farmed extensively last night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:31 am

I was wrong. I saw one post about that on GAF, but I've realized GAF is a bunch of whiny dorks. Reddit is where it's at. The Destiny reddit is awesome.

Also found another farming spot on Venus. It's composed of Fallen enemies, rather than the Hive. If nothing else, it's a great place to go to farm the Queen's Emissary bounties.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:10 am

I saw on Reddit that you can farm the hive on the Moon too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:51 pm

My friend has played every mission enough to know when the post mission cut scenes are coming.  And he learned that you can skip the unskippable cutscene if you return to orbit before the cutscene starts.  So, for example, after you kill that Devil Archon guy and as soon as the bounty icon pops up, quickly go to orbit and you'll skip that long cutscene that normally plays after the mission.

I haven't quite memorized which missions lead into cutscenes but I'm getting there.

We need a emoticon for grinding.  Perhaps this will do.  HJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
frankthetoad
NOMaster

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:40 am

kkrambo wrote:
My friend has played every mission enough to know when the post mission cut scenes are coming.  And he learned that you can skip the unskippable cutscene if you return to orbit before the cutscene starts.  So, for example, after you kill that Devil Archon guy and as soon as the bounty icon pops up, quickly go to orbit and you'll skip that long cutscene that normally plays after the mission.

I haven't quite memorized which missions lead into cutscenes but I'm getting there.

We need a emoticon for grinding.  Perhaps this will do.  HJ
Remember to do this ONLY if you're going for the bounty. If you actually need to complete the mission, this might keep that from happening. You can always check by hovering over the location to check if the mission says "resume" or "start."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eclipz
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Krambo, I saw that BYOB sent an alliance request. When I clicked approve it gave me this message.

Quote :

Your group is already in an Alliance, and cannot join another until you leave the current one. (660)

I guess we can only have one alliance and we have that with AVS right now.

kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:05 pm

I guess that's why I couldn't figure out how to request an alliance with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kkrambo
Bonerfart

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:23 pm

I don't understand the Bungie forum/wall/notifications/conversations. WTF
I must be getting old.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information   

Back to top Go down

TTK (v2.0) UPDATE: Tips, Wikis, and Other Useful Information
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Destiny-
Jump to: