The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
+19
mbgonzomd
KingShorty
Kekborg
_Meta_
fourthplace
Rooksarii
GeminiEffect
Mouse
Re-volution
kkrambo
R2-JD
gordho
bdwright77
Mark Sporto
AlphaShepherd
Tez
bplewis24
TyrantII
frankthetoad
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
_Meta_
Bonerfart
_Meta_

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:02 pm

I know where the First Bell of Awakening is.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:05 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:
I have... I knew all about talking to NPC's several times to get them to sell you stuff. This guy won't. Even after like 10 presses of the PS3 xsm button. Mad Mad Mad

Figured it out, Alpha. You're dumb as a rock. You need at least 10 intelligence.

LOL, YOU MAD BRO?!
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:24 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
What location is the second Bell of Awakening in? scratch
Bottom of Blighttown. There are two ways to make your way there.

1) The Man's Way: Go through the Depths, beat the Gaping Dragon, enter Blighttown through the door next to the sitting merchant in the Depths, suffer your way down to the bottom where the swamp is, enter Quelaag's Domain and kill the uppity b!tch.

2) Go to the very beginning of New Londo Ruins, go right to the next tower, climb it, use your Master Key and enter the Valley of the Drakes, cross the little bridge over the chasm, work your way down to the swamp using the water wheel. Quelaag's crib is to your right...
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:01 am

Last night there were 3 new characters near the miracle guy. They really did not have much to say, but that they were leaving. There was a chick there that would not say much. One of the her guards said I should not address her given my current appearance, so I changed to a human. She still did not say much. A little later they were gone. I feel like I missed some opportunity.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:18 am

No, you didn't miss anything...

Last night was awesome. I died a lot. Sen's Fortress (the place with the closed gates and the Onion Knight in front of it) is great. Lots of cheap deaths, cool enemies, and a slight Zelda dungeon feel to it. Also, I finally retired my trusty Drake Sword. It was time to graduate, but I'm glad I waited. The Lightning Spear is awesome. Got it to +3 last night. There is a ton of loot in this level.

By the way, and if you haven't done so already, get a good bow and stock up on arrows. I always buy about 500 standard arrows (the medium grade). I also try to get at least 100 poison arrows from the vendor in the Sewer shortcut ("Vee hee hee!"). If you hit someone with about four poison arrows, you can just sit back and watch them slowly die.

Arrows are great for taking out mini-bosses, enemies in unreachable places that have ranged attacks, and for pulling out single enemies from groups. I rarely used a bow in DS...I probably should have.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:16 am

bdwright77 wrote:
AlphaShepherd wrote:
I have... I knew all about talking to NPC's several times to get them to sell you stuff. This guy won't. Even after like 10 presses of the PS3 xsm button. Mad Mad Mad

Figured it out, Alpha. You're dumb as a rock. You need at least 10 intelligence.

LOL, YOU MAD BRO?!

lol!

I was wondering if it might be INT related. I haven't put any points into INT since I started as a Knight... which has a base INT score of 9. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:21 am

Lost 17K last night falling off a tiny cliff Sad I didn't even sprain my knee when I landed and I couldn't collect my bloodstain because of where it spawned.

Made me curse!
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:27 am

Also, Toad you mentioned that you give the stone to the Blacksmith who asked for it so he will perform upgrades on your gear. Now that I gave him that stone, are they some kind of special upgrades that are available that weren't before?

I just don't notice anything different in his menus from before I gave him the stone.

Question
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 am

I believe you can give him two different embers (maybe just one). He won't take one of the others. You'll have to give the one he says he can't use to the blacksmith in New Londo Ruins (down the spiral staircase).

Giving blacksmith embers allows them to be able to "Modify Equipment." That's the first option when you talk with them. This will allow you to make "Magic," "Divine," "Enchanted," "Raw," etc., weapons. His skills are limited, as are the blacksmith in New Londo Ruins. I believe they'll stop at +5 (for the status upgrades....he can make standard upgrades to +10). All other upgrades happen in Anor Londo (I believe).
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:38 am

Roger roger.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:53 am

Do you guys use lock-on when fighting bosses? I tend not to, but I also tend to get killed by bosses a lot. I watched a couple of gargoyle videos last night and they always used lock-on. I think that is why I suck.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:59 am

I always lock on, unless I'm trying to get away from them. Last night I was whiffing a lot on the boss in Sen's Fortress. I was locked on, but the perspective was wonky, so I wasn't even close to the guy. It was pretty funny. I had summoned someone to help. They probably thought I was high.

The one time I don't lock on is if I'm fighting on a cliff. If you knock a locked enemy off, you'll stay locked on and it can drag you over.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:01 am

I switch between lock and no-lock for bosses. Lock when I want to tumble/roll in close for an attack, then I hit R3 right before I want to roll away or sprint away to drink an estus flask.

For normal enemies I lock on if there is only one. If there is more, I don't use lock.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:02 am

depends on the boss, their attack, yours and the character mostly.

With Melee, bosses are usually so big there's really no need for locking on, and can hurt you if you need to run away fast to avoid one of their swipe attacks. That said I did use it on the gargoyles, cause you pretty much have to to use firebombs and projectiles, like I was using.

The last couple bosses have been so big, and my melee the main attack, that i run in, take a few swipes, and retreat once they refocus their attack on me.

Last edited by TyrantII on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:23 am

The Official Guide is getting delivered today. I'm glad I've gotten this far without it, but I'll be interested to see what all I've missed. This game is huge.

One more thing, if you hear the new level "bong" and see "Tomb of Giants"...pray.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:27 am

Where do you learn the pray gesture?
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:27 am

bdwright77 wrote:

You get it automatically after spooning with Beedubs.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:36 am

bdwright77 wrote:
Church. Being a Vols fan, I imagine that you already know it.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:42 am

toadthefrank wrote:
bdwright77 wrote:
Church. Being a Vols fan, I imagine that you already know it.

You will definitely need that this weekend. study
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:44 am

toadthefrank wrote:
The Official Guide is getting delivered today. I'm glad I've gotten this far without it, but I'll be interested to see what all I've missed. This game is huge.

I ordered it from Amazon yesterday but it's out of stock. It's only $13 bux there and free shipping for me. I see that I could just pick it up from Gamestop on the way home, but it's like $25 bux there plus tax. Not worth it for me. Batman: Arkham City will be here next week so I suspect my Dark Souls play time will be cut drastically... so I have time to wait for Amazon to get it back in stock.
Back to top Go down
A
Has on robe & wizard hat
A

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:50 am

This fad will be over in time forBF3, amiright?
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:00 am

_Avarice_ wrote:
This fad will be over in time forBF3, amiright?

For me, of course!

WHO LOVES SPAGHETTI!!??!???\

Thriller
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:07 am

Do gestures have any practical purpose?
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:26 am

Yeah, they help you trigger certain events, and "communicate" when summoned / summoning.
Back to top Go down
A
Has on robe & wizard hat
A

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:41 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
Do gestures have any practical purpose?

Absolutely...I used one this morning when some guy was doing 55 in the middle lane of an interstate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next