The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
+19
mbgonzomd
KingShorty
Kekborg
_Meta_
fourthplace
Rooksarii
GeminiEffect
Mouse
Re-volution
kkrambo
R2-JD
gordho
bdwright77
Mark Sporto
AlphaShepherd
Tez
bplewis24
TyrantII
frankthetoad
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 9:58 pm

Logged on, put me on the same damn empty server as last night (same signs down), wouldn't switch with quits, got killed in body, fell off a cliff undead losing 40K and 5 humanity, and decided to watch TV instead.
Back to top Go down
_Meta_
Bonerfart
_Meta_

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:42 pm

You guys are sick. Bunch of masicists.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:33 am

I drained New Londo Ruins last night. The ghosts in there are a joke with the Lightning Spear (while cursed) or my Jagged Ghost Blade +4 (don't have to be cursed). The dudes at the bottom are a little more annoying.

Then all I did was farm, farm, farm. Ranked up in the Chaos Servant covenant, was satisfied that I got all my spells from her and the egg guy, then killed them both...I wanted her Firekeeper's Soul! Then I realized that I had access to a sweet shortcut at rank +2....which is closed to me forever in this playthrough. My dumbass could have skipped almost all of Demon's Ruins if I'd just left her alive. I tried to PS Quit after I realized what I had done, but it had already saved. Oh well. Guess that's what NG+ is for. On the bright side, my Estus Flask is now +6 (I also killed the firekeeper in Anor Londo).

I also upgraded a few weapons with boss souls- Golem Axe and Quelaag's Furysword. The Furysword is awesome. I'm going to try to rank it up a bit and maybe switch off from the Lightning Spear. The sword does some crazy fire damage.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:01 am

I am so far behind you guys and completely lost.

Why is the firelink shrine bon fire out?

Am i suppose to get cursed before I go into new londo ruins?

The huge wolf? anyone?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:03 am

Firelink bonfire is out because the guy in the orange/yellow/bronze armor killed the Firekeeper. In front of where she was an orb has been dropped. You'll be able to use it near the boss fog in Anor Londo to invade the killer's world. Once you defeat him, you should return to Firelink, go to where the firekeeper was, and restore her soul. The bonfire will be back.

In New Londo Ruins, for your weapons to work, you need to use a Transient Curse. While under its effects, you'll be able to damage the ghosts. Alternatively, you can use a Jagged Ghost Sword (which you probably won't get until one of them drops it after you kill them). I also think Divine Weapons can damage ghosts, but I'm not positive since I haven't tried.

Sif the Great Wolf is tough. You need a pretty high endurance to take all of his attacks on your shield. As long as your endurance doesn't break (i.e., the bar deplete to nothing), he shouldn't hurt you. Try to get right under him and just start attacking. It's a good idea to summon some help for this fight...especially if one of the summoned folks is a pyromancer.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:06 am

Is it bad that I have never summoned anyone yet?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:11 am

No. It's a testament to your mad skillz that you've made it all the way to Sif by solo'ing all of the bosses!

It does make life easier, though.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 am

toadthefrank wrote:
Sif the Great Wolf is tough. You need a pretty high endurance to take all of his attacks on your shield. As long as your endurance doesn't break (i.e., the bar deplete to nothing), he shouldn't hurt you. Try to get right under him and just start attacking. It's a good idea to summon some help for this fight...especially if one of the summoned folks is a pyromancer.

After dying 3 times since I just rushed in every time and attacked him, I decided to slow down and just study his attacks. I resolved I could die 5 more times if need be, but I wanted to get his attacks down.

I realized my mistake almost right away after doing this. I wasn't locking on to him, and when he jumps away from you it breaks target lock. I couldn't shield block him without target lock. After that, it was easy.

He does several different kinds of attacks. The key was to wait until he did his left to right sweep, the right to left sweep... after that you sprint in to his feet. He does two low damage attacks right after the first two sweeps that won't hit you and you can get in three swings. Then run out and be sure target lock is back on.

Back away from all other attacks including his 360 and big attack from directly overhead. Wait for the left to right and right to left then go for it.

That being said, I have a giant coffee table book in my living room called, "Wolf: Spirit Of The Wild" by the Nature Company. I sponsor wolves in preserves. I felt awful killing Sif especially when he was hurt and whining. Sad

I am looking forward to the other bosses such as the Giant Seal that spits out baby ones for us to club, the Crazy Coat Lady whom we kill puppies for in order to make a jacket, and the Kitten Ka-bob Demon where you have to skin baby kittens alive and skewer them on small wooden rods in order to lure the Demon out to kill it. study
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:27 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
That being said, I have a giant coffee table book in my living room called, "Wolf: Spirit Of The Wild" by the Nature Company. I sponsor wolves in preserves. I felt awful killing Sif especially when he was hurt and whining. Sad

Pretty awful, right? I'd heard that you could spare him...though it wasn't confirmed. So I just ran around while he was limping/whining to see if it would let me do it. I finally felt so bad I just went in and put him down.

I think that's the best boss and boss fight in the game so far. He looked great, the animations were pretty awesome, and it was just different. Very well done...especially since it actually invokes an emotional response...unless you're a cold-hearted bastard.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:27 am

While we are helping me:

I have done the sewers/depths, blightown, the spider chick, the fire octopus, killed the 7 tauri (could not get to the one shiny thing on the other side of the lava). What next? The 12 bull guys in the lava world are too tough for me and scare me, so I think I am done in lava town for now. Sooooo, do I go down to New Londo, go in the giant gate that just opened, go back to take on the wolf?

I never found the great hollow which is off of blightown.

I spent a very short amount of time in the catacombs, until I realized the skeleton would not die. Any sense trying this yet?

The boss in darkwood basin shot me with white energy and I died. Any sense trying this yet?

Toad, give me some direction, please.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:31 am

Catacombs and New Londo should be saved until later...though it sounds like you could probably handle the Catacombs now.

Storywise, you need to take care of Sif, then go to the gate the giant opened. That's Sen's Fortress. After that you'll go to Anor Londo. After Anor Londo you can take everything on in the order you want- Duke's Archives/Crystal Cave, Catacombs/Tomb of Giants, Painted World of Ariamis (found in Anor Londo), and New Londo Ruins. Then it will be back to Demon's Ruins to get to Lost Izalith.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:32 am

toadthefrank wrote:
AlphaShepherd wrote:

Pretty awful, right? I'd heard that you could spare him...though it wasn't confirmed. So I just ran around while he was limping/whining to see if it would let me do it. I finally felt so bad I just went in and put him down.

I think that's the best boss and boss fight in the game so far. He looked great, the animations were pretty awesome, and it was just different. Very well done...especially since it actually invokes an emotional response...unless you're a cold-hearted bastard.

Ya. Sad

Towards the end of the fight I just started swinging as fast as I could to end it as quickly as possible. Poor guy was just minding his own business, guarding his dead masters tomb and sword... then some gaming nerd comes along and everything goes to hell in a hand basket. Sad
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:33 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
I am so far behind you guys and completely lost.

You are waaaaaaay ahead of me Mule. Robe & Wizard Hat
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:39 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:
AlphaShepherd wrote:

Ya. Sad

Towards the end of the fight I just started swinging as fast as I could to end it as quickly as possible. Poor guy was just minding his own business, guarding his dead masters tomb and sword... then some gaming nerd comes along and everything goes to hell in a hand basket. Sad

"When the giant rabid wolf was terrorizing the forest, eating defenseless mushroom people... too Michael!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:39 am

I beat Sen's already and haven't fought the wolf...problem?

I also spent over 2 hours trying to kill a single archer in Anor Londo. That was a pain in the a$$.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:43 am

toadthefrank wrote:

that sums up all of shadow of the colossus. you need to take 2 nights to play that. (really, it's not long. took me 10 hours of GP with no guide. you could probably do it in 1 sitting)
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:56 am

bdwright77 wrote:

I also spent over 2 hours trying to kill a single archer in Anor Londo. That was a pain in the a$$.

Did you do it without poison arrows? I bet you about threw a controller through the wall. Poison arrows are a must. Sink 3 of them in any kind of enemy (haven't tried on bosses), and just watch the HP go down. It takes forever, but it can be worth it in certain situations.

Mark Sporto wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:

that sums up all of shadow of the colossus. you need to take 2 nights to play that. (really, it's not long. took me 10 hours of GP with no guide. you could probably do it in 1 sitting)

I hear it's a game with great atmosphere. It's on my Goozex queue...but it'll never be delivered. Goozex sucks for new releases. It's only good for the older titles you missed the first time around.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:58 am

toadthefrank wrote:
bdwright77 wrote:

Did you do it without poison arrows? I bet you about threw a controller through the wall. Poison arrows are a must. Sink 3 of them in any kind of enemy (haven't tried on bosses), and just watch the HP go down. It takes forever, but it can be worth it in certain situations.

Mark Sporto wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:

I hear it's a game with great atmosphere. It's on my Goozex queue...but it'll never be delivered. Goozex sucks for new releases. It's only good for the older titles you missed the first time around.

when you do get it, do NOT look at any trophy guides or walkthroughs... it'll ruin the game.

the game itself will blow your mind if you don't know what to expect.
Back to top Go down
_Meta_
Bonerfart
_Meta_

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:18 am

What is the first area I should go to after Undead Asylum? I played the Undead Burg for about 2 hours and couldnt beat it. I got to a place where you can go downstairs and fight a bad a$$ knight or go up stairs and fight a goat demon? I don't think I have a chance against either of them.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:21 am

Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:30 am

toadthefrank wrote:
bdwright77 wrote:

Well, how bout that. No poison arrows. I wouldn't have been able to shoot the guy in Anor Londo though. As far as Sens goes, I'm a pretty ballin' pyromancer and have the fully upgraded flame. Those serpent dudes didn't stand much of a chance.

Did I miss out on anything by beating Sens/Anor Londo before the wolf?
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:34 am

Don't kill the wolf, Benny. Sad
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:51 am

bdwright77 wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:
bdwright77 wrote:

Well, how bout that. No poison arrows. I wouldn't have been able to shoot the guy in Anor Londo though. As far as Sens goes, I'm a pretty ballin' pyromancer and have the fully upgraded flame. Those serpent dudes didn't stand much of a chance.

Did I miss out on anything by beating Sens/Anor Londo before the wolf?

Nope. You will have to kill Sif the Wolf before you finish New Londo Ruins....
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:45 am

BTW, what it up with the little mushroom people? Are we suppose to slaughter them or leave them alone?
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:57 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
BTW, what it up with the little mushroom people? Are we suppose to slaughter them or leave them alone?

I left them alone, but after checking the Wiki, there are two large ones in the area in a small pool. They guard a treasure chest that has an Enchanted Ember inside. They hit hard and have a ton of HP's, but are pretty slow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next