The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Destiny

Go down 
+24
beedubs
Mark Sporto
Hitch08
Iron Paws
imloungin
Huge Knutz
Smitty
Beans
snoots
pdiss88
ImdJenk
KingShorty
mbgonzomd
JD23
Hooligan
Re-volution
eclipz
frankthetoad
A
_Meta_
TyrantII
Jay_mb
AlphaShepherd
kkrambo
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team
Smitty

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 10:47 am

Yeah, I just grinded bounties and patrol missions last night. Will keep doing that as much as I can.

I haven't sniffed any legendary or exotic armor yet. Like I said, the Cryptarch is an bumpickle.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 11:41 am

You should never rely on the Cryptarch to give you the gear you want. You should rely on the Vanguard Faction leader, Vanguard Quartermaster (for weapons...the robot near the shipwright), and Xur (who shows up on the weekends).

Getting your gear this route completely removes the randomness from the equation.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 1:13 pm

I just haven't been playing enough to build up my rank, marks, etc, to buy anything from those guys yet so I've had to rely on the Cryptarch thus far.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 1:16 pm

You will always leave the Cryptarch disappointed. Sure, you may get a mote of light, strange coin, and the occasional purple from a blue....but it will happen so very rarely that it will make you even madder that it didn't happen before....or it will be a piece of purple armor for a different class.

Focus on ranking the vanguard up and you'll be there in no time.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 4:44 pm

Hillarious.

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 4:59 pm

Dammit! I was hoping no one saw that. Was going to do it tonight and amaze you with my magical Sparrow prowess!
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 11:38 am

Does the crucible get better? Right now im hating it. Basically it puts me in matches with people who are level 29 (im 21). I have not chance and at best finish in the middle when im used to being on tip when things are even with other games. I cant count the number of times ive been killed with one shot from a shotgun in my back.

Im only have about 50 points, so just starting. Death matches are boring anyway.
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 11:39 am

One other question. Did something happen with mics while I was away from FPSs? No one has their mic on.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 12:13 pm

Sometimes I have good games in the crucible where it seems fair and I do OK. But more often it seems tilted against me and I'm shooting blanks while getting one-shotted around every corner. Rumble is particularly bad for me. I enjoy Control much better. The flag objectives add a little to the gameplay and I also do better KDR-wise in Control for some reason.

You can only voice chat with people in your fire-team. There is no chat with the blue-berries on your team or the opponents.
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 12:21 pm

So does that mean everyone else is on a fire time, or likely most people are along like me not talking to anyone.

Its kindly lonely No
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 12:46 pm

I don't play much Crucible, so I could be wrong, but I'm almost positive that your level and abilities play nearly no part in your effectiveness. It's supposed to be a level playing field. That said, the weapons you have probably help or hinder.
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 12:48 pm

Its not level. At least they have much more powerful weapons.

How do you get legendary armour if you arnt playing crucible? Id happily ditch that route if I could. I was under the impression I had to get to at least level 2 from the crucible in order to be able to buy any.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 12:59 pm

There are six routes to get legendary (and exotic) armor/weapons-

1) Decoding engrams w/ the Cyptarch.  This is absolutely the worst way to get gear.
2) Ranking up your Crucible Vanguard and buying armor/weapons, with Crucible marks, from those folks.  I think I've played about 12 Control matches.  Not a viable option for me.
3) Ranking up your class Vanguard to level 2 and buying, with Vanguard marks, armor from them and weapons from the Quartermaster (weapons are available for purchase at rank 3).  This is how I do it.  Mainly.
4) Equipping a Faction class item and ranking them up to level 3.  I've never understood why people would go this route, but they do have different INT/DIS/STR bonuses between the three different factions- Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, and New Monarchy.
5) Rewards from the Weeklies, Nightfall, Strike Playlists, and maybe even the Dailies.
6) Get legendary armors/weapons and exotic weapons from drops/chests in the Vault of Glass (the "Raid").  This is currently the ONLY way to get to light level 30.  The reboot of Iron Banner will supposedly have armor rewards that will get up to 30 light.
Back to top Go down
JD23
JD23

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 9:24 am

I made it to level 20 and finished the main quest and all of the strikes.  At this point, I don't have the motivation to keep grinding through the same content to increase Light and make it to level 27.  The game was a little more enjoyable than I anticipated, but I agree with the general criticism of most reviews.  It feels like Bungie did the best they could to maximize the game's limited content, but replaying the same missions and strikes at a higher level doesn't do it for me.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 10:32 am

Yeah, I often wonder what the point of this game is. Just to increase level? Games I have enjoyed most have an extensive multiplayer option (warhawk, battlefield) and the competitive nature of the multiplayer is enough to keep me coming back. Destiny's multiplayer is sort of meh, so it is not enough to drive the game.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:08 am

There's no doubt it's a viable criticism. All of us get tired of the same missions and objectives. I almost jumped to another game last week.

What's the point of the game? To Raid. But that too can get stale if you're not a completionist or perfectionist. And after you beat the Raid, the point is to beat it on hard mode.

December 9 can't get here soon enough.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 12:18 pm

frankthetoad wrote:

December 9 can't get here soon enough.

3 weeks.

Hopefully the new story missions / strikes took some inspiration from the VOG and do something similar with 3 man teams. The main game was very uninspired as to mission structure and objective. Just off the top of my head, how come we never made a reactor go critical and had to run through the canyons on mars as fast as possible on our sparrow, outrunning a giant fireball? Stuff like that has all the elements there to change things up, but are never used. Instead we wait as Dinklebot opens a door the second you fall the last enemy, or scans stuff.

In the end I'm finding the gunplay, leveling/playing around with new weapons, and chilling with you guys to be the major draw, not the story content and most definitively not Crucible. make sweet love crucible.
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 12:31 pm

last night while spending some time at the tower  i noticed a grouped of 5-6 players sitting in a circle, chatting? Not sure what they were doing because I didnt have a mic on and couldnt hear anything. Seemed like a team was sitting around talking.

Anyway, since there were sitting I decided it was a good chance to tbag one of them. Lol, the whole group then proceeded to follow me around the tower for 2-3 minutes jumping all around me, and in front of me. Would have been funny to have a mic and hear what they were saying. I guess they didn LOL like   I did?

Anyway so far that was the best 3 minutes of this game. Its game over for me with desinty. The main reason is the repetitiveness, and game drops. I swear if I see another "go to bungie.com and type in code name "bee". Out of curiousity I did go to bungie and type the "bee" in and it blamed my internet connection as the issue. LOL. Yea right. I have 50 mbps, and its connected by ethernet.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 3:39 pm

They were in a fire team. Either about to go or back from the Raid. There is no proximity chat.

You should have gotten it on the PS4.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:37 am

I am pretty excited. The bounty guy gave me the options of 3 yellow, exotic bounties to get an exotic weapon. I picked the one where I had to search loot chests on mars. Finally found what I needed and took it to the weapons guy. He couldn't do anything with it and told me to go find xur. Unfortunately, Xur had already left for the week. This should be my first exotic weapon.

Is this exotic bounty just a random occurrence or did I do something to merit it?
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:05 am

I think the exotic bounties are random.  I think that was my first one too.  You can look up what all the steps are going to be and what it will turn into when you're done.  I think that one becomes a...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 8:48 am

GRRRrrrrr......aaaaahhhhhuuuu

ahh, yeaaaaa,,,

There. Thats what I think about destiny now that dragon age is finally out.

Back to top Go down
_Meta_
Bonerfart
_Meta_

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 3:52 pm

Who wants to share play destiny with me.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 4:27 pm

Not Huge Knutz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down