The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Destiny

Go down 
+24
beedubs
Mark Sporto
Hitch08
Iron Paws
imloungin
Huge Knutz
Smitty
Beans
snoots
pdiss88
ImdJenk
KingShorty
mbgonzomd
JD23
Hooligan
Re-volution
eclipz
frankthetoad
A
_Meta_
TyrantII
Jay_mb
AlphaShepherd
kkrambo
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
JD23
Zombie outbreak response team
JD23

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:50 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/09/bungie-says-day-one-destiny-reviews-might-not-tell-the-entire-story

Damage control?  It's probably good I canceled my preorder and can't buy it until next weekend.  If it is as short as some are suggesting, I'll probably wait for a price drop.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 1:01 am

I'm not sure if it's damage control and I'm not sure what people are expecting from these games. Are they expecting a 400 plus hour game for $60? Not having to pay for DLC?  Sure a few games are like that but it's not the standard.

BF4 has a short campaign but I've put over 100 hours into it and some of you guys even more. I think I've got more than $110 value out of it.

I'm sitting here waiting to be able to play Destiny and I'm not one bit worried. Sure the money I put down on the Digital Guardian Edition was a bit more but I'm optimistic and I liked what I played in the beta.

A good portion of the replay value will come from playing with friends and from what I've seen a few people here are looking forward to it as well.

I did watch a bit of gameplay on Live with PlayStation and someone was already at level 15 with a level cap of 20 (I think). I'm going to guess he's been playing for a while today and has some type of bucket device. Very Happy

Either way all I can do is see how it goes and hope to get my monies worth out of it which I don't think I'll have any trouble doing. Alright, it's 1 AM and only more hour to go. It's going to be a rough morning. Smile
Back to top Go down
JD23
JD23

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 9:03 am

I think most of the blockbuster games are leaving me behind.  I definitely got my money's worth of BF3, but I probably got $30-40 of value in BF4 and would have been very angry if I had wasted another $50 on the premium.  KZ4, on the other hand, was a pleasant surprise; the SP was forgettable, but I've enjoyed the MP and the developer has done a great job with continued support.

Based on the Destiny beta, I did not see anything revolutionary.  My hope is that it will be like BL2 with competitive; however, if its like 40% of BL2 with competitive, I will not be excited and probably won't spend $60 upon release, let alone $100.  Aside from competitive, which was nothing new, I don't it having a lot of replay value if the main campaign is very short.  What is the fun in playing the same scripted co-op missions repeatedly?
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 9:25 am

We'll I managed to say up until I could play. Only ran through the tutorial part again and to the point you get to the tower. Everything looked as clean and sharp as the beta. I'll be on later tonight.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 10:04 am

eclipz wrote:
We'll I managed to say up until I could play. Only ran through the tutorial part again and to the point you get to the tower. Everything looked as clean and sharp as the beta. I'll be on later tonight.
I did the same. My dog woke me up 30 minutes early and I headed upstairs to play. Made it to the tower.

The gunplay feels a bit like KZ2, but with more aim assist. I also couldn't tell that was Dinklage's voice. Is it still?

Enjoyed it. I'm going to spend a long time making sure I hit absolutely everything in the Tower. I never did find the Crucible during the alpha so I never played PvP.

Looking forward to losing some hours in this.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 10:14 am

Is this a tower defense game?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 10:39 am

No.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 10:50 am

JD23 wrote:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/09/bungie-says-day-one-destiny-reviews-might-not-tell-the-entire-story

Damage control?  It's probably good I canceled my preorder and can't buy it until next weekend.  If it is as short as some are suggesting, I'll probably wait for a price drop.

Nah,  from what I've played from the Alpha/Beta it is structured to pretty much be online only.  There's a SP you could solo, but I'm guessing it's a short 8-10 hour fanfare, and even that is built around 3 player COOP, re-running it at higher levels, and loot grabbing (doesn't feel to me like it be fun soloing it).

They could review the SP, but with the servers not online for the bulk of the games content and longevity play being MP oriented; there'd be some bad reviews that mislead what the game is.

Put in perspective, I probably put in 40 hours between the alpha and beta, which didn't have much content at all. The online play with friends really padded anything I would have gotten out of it if it was offline. This isn't a souls game with a passive online built in.

As for me, Soony and Bungie (probably just Sony) pulled a fast one and altered the terms of the deal (PS3>PS4 upgrade).  I might get PS4 Wen by 6PM PST, so they now say.  Would have been nice for them to figure their shizzle out before posting the deal and me purchasing the upgrade option.

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 10:54 am

I loved the beta and the online coop. The pvp was even fun for me (even though i'm terrible at pvp fps).

I'll be on for a few hours tonight!
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:00 am

Is level 20 really the cap? If so, that's somewhat disappointing as it sounds extremely easy to attain. Still, as long as the PvP is quality and the possibility of always upgrading gear is there, I expect to dump an unhealthy amount of hours into this game. Love me some loot chase.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:23 am

It is. I'm assuing they'll increase it eventually, but I'm actually ok with games that don't make you grind for very little than filling up a bar (all of them).

It's all about the loot and assignments it seems. A lot of customization and rare loot opens up at 20 and from there that seems to be the focus. I think at that point you also can then join different "factions" which have their own assignments, loot and objectives to work on.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:52 am

And hopefully the idea is to cut down on 21 year-olds being OP because they can spend the vast majority of their day playing vidya games.
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 12:08 pm

From Slickdeals:

Primagames.com is offering Destiny: Official Digital eGuide (For PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One) for Free when you apply code HMNR-NQD9-D8U8-FTAV. Thanks mrsky

Note, must be logged into your Primagames account [Free to Register]
Click this link here
Note, must be logged into account
Apply code: HMNR-NQD9-D8U8-FTAV
Supply the retailer you've purchase the game from and date and hit "Redeem"
You will now have unlocked your Destiny: Official Digital Guide for Free
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 7:35 am

In case you were wondering how to get to the PVP, like I was:

http://apgnation.com/archives/2014/09/09/6964/wanna-unlock-destinys-pvp-mode
Back to top Go down
beedubs
beedubs

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 7:55 am

So I bought this game on a whim last night...now what?
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 8:06 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
In  case you were wondering how to get to the PVP, like I was:

http://apgnation.com/archives/2014/09/09/6964/wanna-unlock-destinys-pvp-mode

I don't think "complete the first 3 missions" is the right answer. I believe you have to reach level 5. That's how it was in the beta. It's possible to complete the first three missions without reaching level 5 (likely, in fact).

After you reach level 5 you have to talk to the crucible dude in the tower. He'll have one of those green diamonds, instead of the usual blue, which indicates that he has something to say to you. Then PvP, i.e., "the crucible", is unlocked.

Back to top Go down
JD23
JD23

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 8:24 am

I've read a couple of the reviews-in-progress so far and it seems to be shaping up as what I expected. I think once people throw out the idea that it is much of an MMO and treat it more as a short, standard FPS with good co-op, it will meet expectations.
Back to top Go down
KingShorty
Titty Sprinkles
KingShorty

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 8:46 am

Hope you guys are enjoying it. Still do not believe that I'll be picking this up.

It is fun to see just about everyone on my friends list playing the game.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 8:58 am

Is anyone else getting the "Strict NAT" error when they start Destiny?  I got this during the beta and tried opening up some ports on my router.  I don't think the error ever went away during the beta.  And now I'm still getting it with the released game.  I just tried opening up a few more ports so I'll see if that helps later tonight.

I don't know whether the error indicates any real problems. During the beta I was able to join friends, voice chat, and play PvP. Last night I wasn't able to join Gordho but that he was the only one I tried to join.

Here is some Sony information about ports to open.  I already had most of these open.
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connecttest.html

And here is information from Bungie.  I added these today.
http://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/11931
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:15 am

Played until 2AM last night. Played until 1AM with eclipz and ace, said I had to get off, then went to the Tower to talk to everyone I needed to, decided I was almost level 5, then went back to Earth to do the random fetch missions (I forget what they're called), looked at my watch and decided today was going to be rough. It was.

First, connectivity- I have not seen the Strict NAT message, kkrambo. I did play the first four missions on Earth and the first on the Moon with a dude in Canada and another guy in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Flawless. And I mean it. No teleporting/laggy dudes, no problems. None. Tons of blueberries running around too. It was excellent. We did have an issue at the very end of the night where I lost connection to the server while we were in orbit, but that was at the end of the night. I suppose that is an issue...

The game is beautiful. They've changed Dinklage's voice....in response to the nerd rage against the alpha/beta voice. Now your ghost sounds like Robert Downey, Jr. in his Iron Man suit. Weird, but fine.

There's a little less loot than I was expecting, but I was surprised that there are upgrade trees for some of your weapons and armor. I didn't know that.

I've yet to play in the Crucible, but I did just unlock it last night.

Looking forward to playing this for a few months.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:33 am

JD23 wrote:
I've read a couple of the reviews-in-progress so far and it seems to be shaping up as what I expected.  I think once people throw out the idea that it is much of an MMO and treat it more as a short, standard FPS with good co-op, it will meet expectations.

yeah, it has MMO elements, but its is not a MMO. Big difference, and I've seen a lot of people calling it that.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:46 am

MMO-Loot-Western RPG-FPS

Love it.
Back to top Go down
Hitch08
Spambot
Hitch08

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:47 am

I think I'll get this.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:50 am

So do people just show up to partner with you on missions? Do I call them in? How about people from your friends list?

Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:56 am

DO IT! It's such a fun game. Just hopping into the world and doing random coop missions and leveling up is a blast. Can't wait to acquire some better weapons and armor. I'll jump into the Crucible once I acquire better weapons and armor over the next week or 2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 9 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next