The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Destiny

Go down 
+24
beedubs
Mark Sporto
Hitch08
Iron Paws
imloungin
Huge Knutz
Smitty
Beans
snoots
pdiss88
ImdJenk
KingShorty
mbgonzomd
JD23
Hooligan
Re-volution
eclipz
frankthetoad
A
_Meta_
TyrantII
Jay_mb
AlphaShepherd
kkrambo
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:56 am

You can join up with 2 people. TWO. A fireteam of three by hitting Options, anywhere in the games, hit R1 to get over to Roster, then invite/join to fireteam.

Am I understanding this correctly? We can have an enormous clan, but if we can only be in fireteams of three, there is no way to link to other fireteams?!?! If so, I believe that's the one glaring error of this game. I see tons of blueberries around, why not other fireteams of Clan members? And if we can't, WTF is the point of having Clans?
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Zombie outbreak response team
Smitty

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:56 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
So do people just show up to partner with you on missions?  Do I call them in?  How about people from your friends list?  

You can be invited by friend or you can join them is there's an open spot on their squad. You can also team up with random dudes you cross paths with along the way.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 9:58 am

frankthetoad wrote:
You can join up with 2 people.  TWO.  A fireteam of three by hitting Options, anywhere in the games, hit R1 to get over to Roster, then invite/join to fireteam.

Am I understanding this correctly?  We can have an enormous clan, but if we can only be in fireteams of three, there is no way to link to other fireteams?!?!  If so, I believe that's the one glaring error of this game.  I see tons of blueberries around, why not other fireteams of Clan members?  And if we can't, WTF is the point of having Clans?

You can have up to 6 for PvP.

That was my 1 complaint from the beta, only 3 people in a coop fire team. I was hoping they'd expand that to at least 5 or 6, but doesn't seem that way.

Is there a way to free roam the world(s) to get more than 3 friends together?
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:01 am

There's 6 person Stikes, long haul that open up later and the PVP MP is up to 6 on a team.

Hopefully MP will get deeper KZ2 like clan support as well, which will make clans make more sense.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:11 am

I got through the first three missions solo. There were randoms around but I didn't think to try to join them. I tried joining Gordho several times but it failed to connect.

The missions start off open with other randoms and fire teams in the world with you. But as you progress you'll get to a point where it is says respawning is restricted past this point. You're getting close to the end of the mission and the boss. After respawning is restricted you don't see the randoms anymore -- it's just your fireteam. You can die and respawn as long as at least one person remains alive. But if you all die then you have to restart from the checkpoint.

I suspect that you can't join people while they are already in the restricted part of a mission.

Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:33 am

Oddly enough, Gordho was the first person I joined since I hadn't chatted with him in a while. Then he didn't have a mic. LOL but I was still able to join him. Didn't have any NAT messages either.

Yeah, the co-op fireteams should be larger but didn't borderlands only allow 3. I saw a lot of groups of three playing last night. I'm definitely up for some fireteam 6 pvp at some point.

I also noticed I had the NOM tag by my ID last night but Toad didn't although he did join the clan. I'll have to see what I did there but I don't think it was anything other than clicking the "Set As Playstation Clan" link on Bungie.net.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:36 am

I didn't notice a NOM tag last night on my profile...but then again I wasn't looking for it.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:38 am

BTW, what class is everyone rolling with? I enjoyed Hunter the most in the beta, so I stayed with that. I think I'd be better as a Titan in PvP, but Hunter is more fun for me in the story/coop from what I can tell.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:48 am

I'm going with a Titan (Human Male).

There doesn't appear to be any way to change it after you start. You can always create a new character though. I'm not sure how many you can have.

Also under the game in the PlayStation Dynamic Menu scroll down to the bottom to the My Add-on section. For those that ordered a digital version there should be a couple more things to be installed.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:51 am

In the beta you could have up to 3 characters. Once you level up, you can essentially make them pretty similar, but the special moves are tied to your character class.
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:12 am

Love the game, HATE the 3 player cap on fire teams. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:15 am

I am the wizard dude. Blond headed chick with Brave Heart blue face paint. Red lip stick.

I'd do her.
Back to top Go down
beedubs
beedubs

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:19 am

I chose titan this morning when I launched it after it installed overnight. Thought this would be a fun character for my kids to watch - chose a non human persona, not sure if that matters at all (basically trying to keep the game unrealistic as in humans not killing humans for sake of the children...Smile)
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:20 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
I am the wizard dude.  Blond headed chick with Brave Heart blue face paint. Red lip stick.  

I'd do her.

Mine's a chick too...looks like FemShep. Would also do.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:21 am

I don't think race matters other than appearances.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:21 am

I went with a Warlock this time. I was a Titan in the beta. I think the Titan's super-charged butt-slam is handy in PvP because you don't have to aim or even see your enemy in order to use it.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:24 am

kkrambo wrote:
I went with a Warlock this time.  I was a Titan in the beta.  I think the Titan's super-charged butt-slam is handy in PvP because you don't have to aim or even see your enemy in order to use it.

Yeah, that's kinda why I thought it'd be a good class for PvP, b/c dudes were killing me repeatedly with that move.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 1:05 pm

I'm a Warlock male from whatever that starfaring race is.

@eclipz, yes Borderlands was capped, but it didn't have clan support. And I don't mind a cap of three for the fireteams, but there certainly should be a way for one fireteam to join up with another. You're already around other fireteams in the world, why not be able to have those blueberry fireteams be your clanmates?
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 1:54 pm

I know the fireteams are limited for three for the strikes, I'm wondering about running around the cosmodrome? That's the middle mission where you just run around and they have those "world events" that everyone takes part in. I'd be interested in trying to get a fireteam of 4-6 people and trying to launch into that area.

I do hope they give us a bit more information about clans and what the benefits are. Right now it doesn't say much.

Quote :
Clan Features
Turn your Group into a unified fighting force that will play Destiny as a team.

Toad, when I look at your profile on Bungie.net it does not show your guardian like some other people. Do you have your PlayStation account linked?

Under your Bungie.net profile settings there is a menu on the left with linked accounts. Maybe you should link your PS ID if you haven't.
Back to top Go down
JD23
JD23

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 1:59 pm

mbgonzomd wrote:
I am the wizard dude.  Blond headed chick with Brave Heart blue face paint. Red lip stick.  

I'd do her.

Misogynist gamer jerk.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 2:08 pm

JD23 wrote:
mbgonzomd wrote:

I'd do her.

Misogynist gamer jerk.

Shhh, we still want him to invite us to his lake castle in the woods when that is finished.

Mule, here are some flowers. flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
beedubs
beedubs

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 2:25 pm

he'll take your flower.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 2:33 pm

eclipz wrote:
Toad, when I look at your profile on Bungie.net it does not show your guardian like some other people. Do you have your PlayStation account linked?

Under your Bungie.net profile settings there is a menu on the left with linked accounts. Maybe you should link your PS ID if you haven't.  
Well, I log into Bungie.net with my PSN ID credentials, so I figure they're linked. The site is blocked from my work PC.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 2:35 pm

Found it. Under linked accounts I have PSN and Google linked. The only thing that I was missing was the checkbox next to the PSN account that says, "Display on public profile." I've checked that now.
Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 2:38 pm

Destiny - Page 10 Settin10

Last edited by eclipz on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 10 Empty