The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Progress reports.

Go down 
+6
Re-volution
bdwright77
frankthetoad
AlphaShepherd
mbgonzomd
Mark Sporto
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

Progress reports.  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:10 pm

I jumped down a hole... Ok, ou could call it a well. I will have to look at the auto saves. I assumed the auto saves were occurring in the same locations where I make intentional saves.

well
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:25 pm

That sucks. I know there are a lot of doors ctivated by chains or buttons. What location are you in?
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:59 pm

I think I am looking for the second fragment of some ruby or something like that. You drop down into a deep hole and land in water. You can swin under to a chest. A few rooms over there is a gem stone on a table that triggers a swinging mammoth skull that hits you. The next room has several bad guys and an archer up on a platform with 2 undescended bridges. There is a locked door in this room and another right when you get out of the water.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Never been there. Know the name of the place?
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:12 am

We had this discussion in Dark Souls. I do no remember names. It is on the bottom right of the map. Laughing If I get home for lunch I will take a look.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:21 am

I've only run across one place that I've read you can get stuck in...and it's not the place you're talking about. Hopefully there's a way out. Otherwise, that just blows goats.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:31 am

If there are 4 autosaves, I am hoping that there is one right when I walk into the cave, before I drop down the well.
Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:12 am

well
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:25 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
If there are 4 autosaves, I am hoping that there is one right when I walk into the cave, before I drop down the well.

There should be one just like that. Whenever you enter or exit an area that needs to be loaded, it auto saves.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:27 am

I didn't have much time for vidya games over the weekend. I was able to do one more quest for the Mages college though. I also found another shout. Some freezing one which refreshes much more slowly than the push one.

During one dungeon quest I wore just my mage robes they gave me. After that experience I went back and got my heavy armor out of my room at the college and will never take it off again. Shocked
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:28 am

Oh and I did the first part of the Dark Brotherhood quest in the cottage.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:28 am

deadhorse
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:35 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
I didn't have much time for vidya games over the weekend. I was able to do one more quest for the Mages college though. I also found another shout. Some freezing one which refreshes much more slowly than the push one.

During one dungeon quest I wore just my mage robes they gave me. After that experience I went back and got my heavy armor out of my room at the college and will never take it off again. Shocked

The freeze shout is the one I use most. I think I have five.

I only wear robes. Granted, they're the Archmage Robes...so their benefit outweighs the lack of any armor rating. I get my armor from my boots and gauntlets. Suffice it to say, I shoot my firebolts and ice spikes from afar!

I've only encountered one mission that had me pulling my hair out. You get it in Morkath and it involves vampires. I've never died so much in this game. Lost my companion. That's officially three companions that I've killed- one on purpose Twisted Evil , two accidentally. They're great to have in a huge dungeon since they have an unlimited equip burden. They're great to pile on all your found loot!

My framerate issues have been hit and miss. Last night's gaming session was relatively clean. The worst is when I'm traipsing across Skyrim to an undiscovered location. Right outside Dragonsreach always gives me issues too. They're definitely not game breaking. Yet.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:39 am

I haven't had any frame rate issues at all yet, and I've explored some pretty busy areas with snow storms raging, cool architecture, etc. I'm still amazed at how awesome this game looks. Even though I hear the PC version looks better.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:53 am

Don't get me wrong- I'm still floored by this game. I think it's beautiful and spectacular in its scope. It's also no where near the buggy mess that FNV was.

I had absolutely zero issues until my save file got to around 6.5MB. After that, areas started to have issues. Only once did it turn into a frame/second type fiasco...and that resolved itself after about a minute.

I really am hoping their reported patch truly fixes all of this. I won't stop playing until the game is unplayable...
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:59 am

I hope it doesn't happen to me... I'm sure my save file isn't close to that size yet. I'm only level 9. However I think I'm on my 95th save... lol!

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:03 am

I save like crazy too. I just recently went in and deleted a bunch.

I'm sure you're fine and probably won't have a problem before the patch is applied. I've been playing this like crazy (as usual), so it just affected me sooner.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 1:55 pm

I got out of the well. I went to all the merchants I know and was able to procure 21 lock picks. I feel like I need more. Anyone know a good place to get lock picks?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:34 pm

I usually find them on dead bodies. If you haven't gone to Riften yet, I imagine you'd get a bunch there...
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:32 pm

mbgonzomd wrote:
I got out of the well. I went to all the merchants I know and was able to procure 21 lock picks. I feel like I need more. Anyone know a good place to get lock picks?

dead bodies and if you pick pocket folks, lockpicks are easy to get.

**pro tip - always save before you pick a pocket.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:33 pm

btw, i fineshed red eagle's quest last night... that was a fun quest!

also finished "a night to remember"... it had a nice little twist at the end!
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:47 pm

Mark Sporto wrote:
mbgonzomd wrote:

dead bodies and if you pick pocket folks, lockpicks are easy to get.

**pro tip - always save before you pick a pocket.

I have not tried to pick anyone's pocket yet. I hate it when everyone gets mad at me and chases me. Is there a secret to it? Do you have to crouching and not have the eyeball thing to successfully pull it off?
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:31 am

yes. crouching and the eye has to be closed.

looking through the pockets is risk free, but each item you look look at taking has a % of how successful your pick will be.

i always pickpocket at night and wait in the shadows for someone to walk by be it a guard or citizen. but i always save first in case i get caught.

something else i do that you should know is when ever i ride a horse somewhere and get to the stable, i always have it walk backward into the stable. study
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:35 am

So can you look into their pocket without the eye being closed. Or is it the following:

1) wait for eye to close
2) look into pocket
3) decide if you want to risk taking it based on percentage

I should just try it and not be such a wimp.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:40 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
So can you look into their pocket without the eye being closed. Or is it the following:

1) wait for eye to close
2) look into pocket
3) decide if you want to risk taking it based on percentage

I should just try it and not be such a wimp.

yep. usually it's a high percentage for small items, like in the 80% range. but more valuable items like keys and gold will occasionally drop down into the 5%-0% range.

i practiced on the talos preacher in whiterun. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Progress reports.
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim-
Jump to: