The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Progress reports.

Go down 
+6
Re-volution
bdwright77
frankthetoad
AlphaShepherd
mbgonzomd
Mark Sporto
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team
bdwright77

Progress reports.  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:23 am

Just started

Dark Elf....couldn't help but recreate my character from Oblivion.

What skills did you guys find the most useful early on? Also, did you generally play as a good guy or a bad guy? I delivered some letter for Sven in the first town you come to, but I didn't get much other than him as a companion and 25 gold.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:51 am

I also played as a Dark Elf. I built up magic early on. I always play with magic and I just poured everything I could into Destruction. Destruction spells are useful, but you'll always have to have potions that restore magicka...even with clothing/accessories that boost magicka and regeneration. If I had to start over, I'd probably go with one-handed, archery, and light armor. You can build sneak up pretty quickly on its own.

I always play as a "good guy." I also think it helps to keep NPCs alive and reasonably happy with you. I think it helps to open up the story more.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:11 am

I may start over and do a more melee based character, though I'm wondering if starting over is necessary. Can you build a melee character out of any class? I'm not very far yet...
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:41 am

You can build any type of character you want. That's the beauty of this system. The more you use something, the more you level it up. If you want to be melee based, just start using a sword more... I wouldn't start over.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:23 am

I think I'm going to start over just so I can get those archer training sessions Very Happy

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:31 pm

If you've put more than an hour in, I don't think it's worth it. You'll have plenty of of opportunities to get archery training...
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:45 pm

Okay. Good enough. I'll stick with it then.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:48 pm

Huge Knutz wrote:
I maxed out smithing, and have enchanted all you can t to boost the smithing % PLUS drank a smithing potion (i found one that boosts 50%) you can.

My bow does something like 291 damage....not including the 3x sneak kill, or any enchantments.

I rule.

got my bow at 318 damage when i where my archer's ring, necklace, bracers and tiara. also have it enchanted with 5 seconds of paralysis and 40 points shock damage. also only using glass and ebony arrows.

playing on master and it's still a 1 hit kill most of the time.

btw, benny - get your smithing skill up by creating iron daggers. if you're able, but something with the banish effect and destroy it at the enchanter's table and create banish daggers to sell for some serious coin.
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:51 pm

benny, i'd start over so you can undeliver the letter for sven. Wink

he's a dickbag. i told the girl what sven was up to and i got a much better reward.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:46 am

Level 13 dark elf. I've just been wandering around, not focusing on the main story line yet. I did get up to the College of Winterhold to join the mages. Pro-tip, if you have a follower, don't release them from your service while in the College of Winterhold. All the mages considered my released follower an intruder and starting using all of their wickedest magic against poor ol' Lydia. Sad
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:01 am

Lydia died in the most fantastic way in my playthrough. It was epic. There's no shortage of followers....
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:06 am

I still haven't used a follower. Hope that helps.

study
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 12:10 pm

I need to finish Dark Souls before I can fully commit to this game. I'm like a level 25 Dark Elf with almost all my sh!t in Destruction
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:52 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:
I still haven't used a follower. Hope that helps.

study

i only used one and quickly killed her. IMO if you reply on sneak etc they are more of a problem and a help.

Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:56 am

frankthetoad wrote:
Lydia died in the most fantastic way in my playthrough. It was epic. There's no shortage of followers....

lol!

lydia is still at my home in whiterun doing the dishes and folding laundry.

also, in the unlikely event i take an arrow in the knee, she'll be there to dress the wound and nurse me back to health.
poledance
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:01 am

something else of note, one thing i've been doing for assassination is planting poison in pockets while folks sleep. i don't want to leave a mess when i'm supposed to be a professional.

except for the
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:48 pm

My sneak is at 50 but I still always get noticed before I'm completely within range to pickpocket or strike with a melee weapon. Is it because of what I'm wearing?
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:43 pm

So what just happened? I finished the main quest?

In what seems very anti climatic.. i think i finished the game aside from side quests...i think. scratch

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:38 am

bdwright77 wrote:
My sneak is at 50 but I still always get noticed before I'm completely within range to pickpocket or strike with a melee weapon. Is it because of what I'm wearing?

likely what you are wearing. If its heavy armor then for sure its what you're wearing. Try to enchant a ring and necklace with sneak...
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:02 am

Or I could go nude Very Happy
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:20 am

Yes you could. It's very freeing. You'll still be wearing underwear.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:55 pm

bdwright77 wrote:
Or I could go nude Very Happy

Progress reports.  - Page 7 Benny-hill-complete-and-unadulterated-the-naughty-early-years-set-two-1972-1974-20050311050759204
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Ha! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:58 pm

i think I have run out of things I want to do. I have achieved all the leveling I want i.e. all my weapons are and double enchanted deadric, my armor is max'd out, and i have completed the main quest, dark brotherhood, and a crap load of side quests 110 hours in.

I have a mayb 3 more ours of play or so in it now I think. I plan on going on stocking up and going out on an all out rampage killing everyone in every town.

Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:48 am

i guess ill join the companions and turn into a werwolf.

Anyone crazy enough to start over and build a completely new character?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Progress reports.    Progress reports.  - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Progress reports.
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim-
Jump to: