Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Do you need ascendant materials to upgrade legendary armor? If so, I bet you're right. Maxing light leveled armor increases the light level.

Destiny - Page 16 Frankthetoad
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 12:48 pm

I think shards go with armor and orbs with weapons, but I could be wrong.

It also just gives you an edge in high level playlists, which net better gear sometimes.

Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:16 am

I made it to Vanguard level 2 last night. That allowed me to buy purple armor from the class chief below the tower. (The Vanguard Quartermaster near the hanger sells purple weapons but you have to be Vanguard level 3.) I used more than half of my Vanguard marks to buy some purple gloves.

I also got an Exotic yellow bounty from the bounty guy. I was excited and completed the first part but that lead to a second part where I'm supposed to buy something from Xur. I was playing with a level 27 friend and he said he ended up abandoning his Exotic bounty because the quests got ridiculous. So now I'm thinking it's a pipe dream.

And my friend explained the Queen's Wrath missions. After you complete a Queen's bounty you get a ticket which allows you to get a legendary purple item as a reward for a Queen's Wrath mission. I've done several of the bounties but none of the missions so I'm gonna do some of those tonight.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:51 am

Kkrambo, sorry I keep bailing on you. I have been on call and have had to take phone calls from the ED right when I am playing Destiny. So rude.

PSN: mule-tool
XBL: Grande MULETOOL

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:13 am

kkrambo wrote:
I made it to Vanguard level 2 last night.  That allowed me to buy purple armor from the class chief below the tower.  (The Vanguard Quartermaster near the hanger sells purple weapons but you have to be Vanguard level 3.)  I used more than half of my Vanguard marks to buy some purple gloves.

I also got an Exotic yellow bounty from the bounty guy.  I was excited and completed the first part but that lead to a second part where I'm supposed to buy something from Xur.  I was playing with a level 27 friend and he said he ended up abandoning his Exotic bounty because the quests got ridiculous.  So now I'm thinking it's a pipe dream.

And my friend explained the Queen's Wrath missions.  After you complete a Queen's bounty you get a ticket which allows you to get a legendary purple item as a reward for a Queen's Wrath mission.  I've done several of the bounties but none of the missions so I'm gonna do some of those tonight.
Tyrant, eclipz, and I did one of the Queen's Wrath 'ticket' missions the first day. Unfortunately, eclipz didn't have the ticket, so he didn't get any rewards. I got a sweet Legendary helmet. The mission was actually more difficult than the daily and weekly heroics.

Went to Xur this morning and the only thing he has for me is a freaking exotic helmet. That's the one piece of Legendary armor I have- a helmet. Oh well, I should probably save my coins and see what he has next week, but I know I'll cave as I want to do the Vault of Glass this weekend.

kkrambo, what's that guy's PSN ID? Groggyfrog?

Back to top Go down
eclipz
Bonerfart
eclipz

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:31 am

So I need to do the Queen's Wrath Mission again. I need a legendary item dammit! LOL

Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:32 am

grommyfrog

I've been playing with him since BFBC2 so you may have seen him before.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:35 am

What level are you, kkrambo? 24? Think you can get to 26 this weekend? We need to get 6 people together for Vault of Glass.

Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 10:17 am

I'm almost to 25.

Destiny - Page 16 Screen10
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 10:52 am

I always see your emblem as a palm tree on a 1980's t-shirt. Smile

Cool, I'm thinking I should be 26 sometime this weekend. Maybe we can get a group of 6 together either Saturday or Sunday night for VoG.

Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 1:13 pm

Panama Jack shirts were the bomb.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 1:13 pm

That, and my extra short OP shorts.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 7:47 pm

Ranking up armor will increase it's base light level by 2 for every defensive upgrade, at least for rare and legendary.

You can get some easy helm and chest legendary armor from the queen, just complete some of her bounties first and then her missions open on on the left quick menu in orbit. Check the mission description in game and it will have a tombstone with a certain type of damage burn icon on (arc/solar/void). Use weapons of that type and burn enemies hard!

Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 12:34 pm

I got a purple scout rifle as a gift upon upgrading my cryptarch to level 5.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 1:49 pm

mbgonzomd wrote:
Kkrambo, sorry I keep bailing on you.  I have been on call and have had to take phone calls from the ED right when I am playing Destiny.  So rude.

apologies for ignoring the invite earlier yesterday Mule, but I was raging hardcore in cubicle trying to complete a bounty before logging off.

I never got it in that lag fest and didn't want to put you through the invective.

Later in the night I logged back in and Toad came to help, but his wife yelled at both of us.

Mad

Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 5:57 am

My exotic bounty came in. After searching loot boxes on mars, buying exotic ammo from Xur, and then killing 500 with a machine gun, I got an exotic machine gun.
Back to top Go down
JD23
JD23

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 6:53 am

Borrowed the game from my brother for the weekend. Unfortunately, I'm playing old Russia for the third time right now.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 9:42 am

JD23 wrote:
Borrowed the game from my brother for the weekend.  Unfortunately,  I'm playing old Russia for the third time right now.
Are you above level 20 yet? If not, it shouldn't feel repetitive yet. Sure, you're always dropped into the same location, but you go somewhere different.

I'm a sliver from level 28 and have probably put around 50 house in. Yes, a lot of the conent is repeated, but it's only bothered me a few times.

It is a valid complaint, though. Despite that issue, I still love the game.

Back to top Go down
JD23
JD23

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 12:50 pm

No, I'm only level 4 or 5. I meant that I'm currently playing the portion that was available in the Alpha and Beta, so it feels very familiar at this point.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 8:07 pm

Benny and I did the weekly heroic strike this morning. We were fairly heroic. He was a little more heroic, but I was certainly not unheroic. It took us a couple of hours. A third person would have helped.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Iron Paws
Titty Sprinkles
Iron Paws

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 9:50 pm

This game is boring so far. I have no idea how to team up with someone, I had two people join one of my games (one being a clan member) but I have no idea how to coordinate with them

So far, it's just another shooter
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:10 pm

Steamroller wrote:
This game is boring so far.  I have no idea how to team up with someone, I had two people join one of my games (one being a clan member) but I have no idea how to coordinate with them  

So far, it's just another shooter

I too feel as if I donated 60 bux

And Driveclub can suc my bone as my G27 wheel won't work. Anyone wanna buy a slightly used racing wheel setup. How bout you Iron Paws he he he

Lords of the Fallen however... study
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:44 pm

kkrambo wrote:
My exotic bounty came in. After searching loot boxes on mars, buying exotic ammo from Xur, and then killing 500 with a machine gun, I got an exotic machine gun.
Impressive! How is it?

I'm on part II of my nine part exotic bounty. I've got to complete 25 strikes. After that they send me to the Crucible to amass 10,000 points. I'll end up with an exotic pulse rifle, the "Bad JuJu."

It's interesting to see that people either love or hate this game. There doesn't seem to be any in between... I'm in the "love" it camp, but I'm a sucker for grinding and upgrade trees. Smile

Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 4:42 pm

The exotic machine gun has a lot of kick so it's hard to keep on target. I'm hoping that will get better with upgrades.

I'm still enjoying the game and look forward to playing it each day. But It is awfully repetitive. There are not that many missions and I've played them all multiple times. And the bounties are ridiculously basic and repetitive. How many times can I melee 30 enemies? At least once more, I guess. Why couldn't they come up with some more bounties with more variety?

Conversely, there are some strikes that I haven't done much or even once because you need three highly ranked players. It's annoying that the little bit of extra content that exists is so exclusive.

Back to top Go down
Iron Paws
Titty Sprinkles
Iron Paws

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 5:30 pm

All this talk of repetitive missions and bounties doesn't fill me with a desire to play any farther. The games is boring and annoying, why would i want to repeat any of that

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Destiny - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 16 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Destiny-
Jump to: