AuthorMessage
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 7:16 am

Steamroller wrote:
mbgonzomd wrote:
. My hands were sore and my wife was mad.  

Sounds more like your wife wanted sex and you jacked off instead

That does happen sometimes.

PSN: mule-tool
XBL: Grande MULETOOL

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
beedubs
beedubs

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 10:11 am

I should be playing later tonight. Will have my kids in the room with me...the boys are excited to see Destiny for the first time and will surely want to play. Sadly they will most likely be better at the game than me...
Back to top Go down
pdiss88
Titty Sprinkles
pdiss88

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 1:10 pm

imloungin wrote:
I really don't understand the complaints about repetition here. We've all bought Call of Duty or Battlefield games in the past, just to run Team Deathmatch or Domination type matches over, and over, and over, and over.... This game has PvP! The combat absolutely ROCKS in this game, so PvP has been a pleasure so far. I've only played about a dozen matches and I've gotten destroyed for the most part, but I can see myself spending lots of time here just like I did with CoD. I consider the other "campaign" half of this game an amazing bonus that will continue to claim a significant amount of my hours moving forward.

This is one of the main reasons I burned out on the game so quickly...I simply cannot stand the PvP in the full release. Where Battlefield and even COD are fun, the Crucible in Destiny seems to call me to play a better multiplayer game instead of dealing with all the frustrating BS that doesn't translate well from PvE.

I played the hell out of in the Beta and enjoyed it, but the balancing problems didn't really rear their ugly heads because the level cap was on 8. On the other hand, the full release sports a teleport Commando Pro lunge melee (that does more damage), a one-hit melee charging attack, a cloaking ability and a bladedancer ability that makes you super tanky and allows you to mash the melee button as your character zooms around from player to player evaporating them.

I can count on a few fingers the number of times I'm killed by a primary weapon per match, they're simply way outclassed by all the other abilities and weapons in the game. Nearly every death comes from a shotgun, fusion rifle, super ability or melee. It becomes a battle of whose abilities aren't on cooldown automatically winning just about every confrontation.

TL;DR I can't stand a multiplayer that is more about one-hit KO abilities and weapons that you have no way of countering than anything else.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 4:55 pm

Quote :
the full release sports a teleport Commando Pro lunge melee (that does more damage), a one-hit melee charging attack, a cloaking ability and a bladedancer ability that makes you super tanky and allows you to mash the melee button as your character zooms around from player to player evaporating them.

Dear god this is so correct. But I do still like the game, pvp and all.
Back to top Go down
JD23
JD23

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 5:41 pm

I saw Destiny for 53 bux at Costco today. Almost picked it up. Maybe when it drops to $40...
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Pdiss, I agree with you - some pvp balancing is definitely needed. My pvp experience is limited to Control only, so I can only speak to that aspect of it. It's definitely sucky to try to cap B, only to have a Titan supasmash 3 of us to death in 1 blow. Maybe it's not such a big deal in other game modes? Either way, I'm certain Bungie is aware of it and hopefully already working on it.

I would like to say though, the more I play, the better I'm getting. I even went 29-6 in a Control match last night, with minimal super use. That match was insane amounts of fun.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:41 am

I have played a grand total of 2 crucible matches. I did notice lots of super and grenade kills though. I don't really enjoy it, but maybe I need to give it more time. Meh.

I just hit 20 last night and beat the game so I'll be focusing on daily and weekly playlists and other vanguard mark missions for a while.

Destiny - Page 15 Frankthetoad
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 12:13 pm

I'm putting a healthy focus on PvP for Lord High Fixer. The screenshot is from the beta, so the damage is lower now (something like 243/300):

Destiny - Page 15 Lord_high_fixer
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 6:00 pm

Also remember, crucible is leveled. So no matter your armor or weapon, it "does the same damage".

Although that's not the whole story. The upgrade in that screen above would carry over.

I'm thinking two AR's, one with a very fast fire rate and high clip vs a very high fire rate and small clip, means the one with the small clip does more DPS. So as an example they both do 120 dmg per clip, but one is 120/60 and one 120/16 and the slightly smaller fire rate of the second doesn't really make it worse.

Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:49 pm

I got my first purple item from the cryptarch today and it was gloves for a Titan which I can't use as a Warlock. Mad
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:12 am

That sucks.

I was in Kentucky over the weekend visiting family so I'm having Destiny withdrawals. I'll be on tonight to get my fix.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:21 am

The Legendary Engram has a twitter feed.
https://twitter.com/legendaryengram
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:31 am

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:32 am

I am still clueless about this game. I have no idea what the currencies are, how to get stuff, what stuff means.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
imloungin
Mule's Spoon Boy
imloungin

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 11:43 am

I just recently shared this with a few of my Destiny buddies:

In case you still need clarification on factions/rep (I did):

- Vanguard marks and rep are earned naturally by completing bounties, Vanguard strikes and Public Events;

- Crucible marks and rep are earned by playing Crucible matches and completing Crucible bounties;

- There are 3 other factions - Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, and New Monarchy. Each faction specializes in a specific stat combo. Dead Orbit is Discipline + Strength, Future War Cult is Intellect + Discipline, and New Monarchy is Intellect + Strength. Align yourself accordingly.

- You can earn rep towards these factions by buying and equipping their no-stat sash/cloak/bond accessory. Equipping it will cause all Vanguard and Crucible REP earned to be applied towards that faction instead, but you will still continue to earn Vanguard and Crucible MARKS.

Good info here

As far as all of the other crap in the inventory, like ascendant shards and what not, I'm still trying to figure all that out. I assume they're all used for legendary weapon/armor upgrades or vendor purchases. I do believe Strange Coins are used to purchase exotic gear from a special vendor that only shows up on the weekends.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 12:29 pm

Gold tier-ing your first public event of the day will always award you with an ascendant material. It's a good idea to start your other two characters and do one public event with them each, each day. Place the material in the vault, and you lessen the grind three-fold for maxing out your legendary/exotic weapon.

Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 12:30 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
Gold tier-ing your first public event of the day will always award you with an ascendant material.  It's a good idea to start your other two characters and do one public event with them each, each day.  Place the material in the vault, and you lessen the grind three-fold for maxing out your legendary/exotic weapon.

That's a good idea. Never thought of that.
Back to top Go down
_Meta_
Bonerfart
_Meta_

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Your Mom maxed out my legendary/exotic weapon last night.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:43 pm

rimshot
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 9:48 am

frankthetoad wrote:
Gold tier-ing your first public event of the day will always award you with an ascendant material.  It's a good idea to start your other two characters and do one public event with them each, each day.  Place the material in the vault, and you lessen the grind three-fold for maxing out your legendary/exotic weapon.

Get it high enough and you can also to the daily and weekly. Daily nets upgrade material I think, while weekly you can earn up to 9 coins each charicter to spend during the weekend with Xur. Thats 1-2 things a week, not counting coins from other activities.

I just started a Exo Titan and Human Warlock for that reason. Both low level, so if anyone is low level still and needs to play stuff send a invite and I'll change up my toons.

NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 10:14 am

I need to start a Hunter. I only just got my Titan to the Tower...haven't even gone on my first mission.

Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 10:22 am

I read something about a guy that made it to level 30. It said he had 3 Warlock characters (the other two were low-twenty-level). The commenters said that having 3 Warlocks helped him get to level 30. Why would 3 of the same class be better than one of each class?

Also, why would someone want to farm glimmer? I only spend glimmer on upgrades and those are cheap so I feel like I got more than I'll need.
Back to top Go down
Smitty
Smitty

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 10:37 am

Glimmer can be used to purchase new ships, shaders, emblems, etc, if you're in to that.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 11:15 am

I thought it was 3 Hunters, but I heard the same thing, kkkrambo. I have no idea, except that maybe the Vanguard rep is shared? That would seem odd.

Glimmer is near worthless. It seems to only buy cosmetic items. Sure you have to use it to upgrade your weapons and armor, but it's usually in 250 increments. You can get that in five minutes.

Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Probably helped because the other two were used to grab/pool upgrade materials and rare coins to his first.

Destiny - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Destiny   Destiny - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Destiny
Page 15 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Destiny-
Jump to: