The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!

Go down 
+7
_Meta_
kkrambo
bdwright77
Re-volution
frankthetoad
AlphaShepherd
TyrantII
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team
bdwright77

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 8 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 9:59 am

I got through NG+ in less than half that time (partly because you know where everything is and you're not ranking up the covenants as much). Cleaning up again and moving to NG++ for my no bonfire playthrough.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 8 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 10:55 am

I have yet to go to NG+. I just fart around every time I boot up the game. I can't find a consistent place to get summoned for boss fights (except for the Giant Dragon Lord....where I always die), I haven't killed the Giant Dragon Lord in my game yet, nor Vendrick. I still have to finish two of the Dark Chasms and need just a few more sunlight medals to fully rank up in Sun Bros.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 8 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 9:16 am

Started my clean up last night. Bought 999 poison arrows, a bunch of amber herb, stamina moss, and poison moss. I don't think I need the herb, but I guess it can't hurt. There are absolutely no more spells that I need to play the game, although I do need a few more to plat it. If I have to eat herb between bonfires, I'm doing it wrong.

Right before shutting down last night I figured I'd try Vendrick one more time. I think I can beat him this playthrough, but I cannot get hit a single time. I think I'm going to try the Red Tearstone/Soul Geyser strategy, though I've read fire may be better. Red Tearstone Ring/Flame Swathe/Dark Pyromancy Glove may be the better strategy.

I'm SL 178 with 100 hours in. I need to go to NG+. The game is starting to wear on me.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 1:26 pm

I just bought this game and played about an hour yesterday. Im looking for a good RPG, so thought id give it a shot. I havent read any threads here yet on it. What do I need to know?

Anyone still playing?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 2:18 pm

Don't die. A lot of us bought the guide, but I don't think it's essential. As long as you've played Demon's Souls and the first Dark Souls, you should feel right at home.
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:15 pm

I havent played either.

Whats the be deal about dying?

Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:16 pm

My game (brand new) didnt even come with a manual so I dont know what all the stat signs are etc.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:52 pm

LOL. Join the club. The allure of these games fire most people fall into two general categories- 1) punishing brashness. Many people think the game is too hard, it isn't. You just have to be aware of your capabilities, take it slowly, and try not to make stupid mistakes. 2) The game doesn't hold your hand or explain much at all. It was the worst in Demons Souls. That game was confusing on purpose. Slowly figuring it out can be strangely satisfying.

A few tips-

Start as a magic caster. Killing with ranged attacks us very helpful when you're just starting out.

When you die, all of the should you've accumulated are left at the place you died in the form of a blood stain. To get them back you have to get to that stain.

Other than that, go to a Dark Souls wiki. Fextralife was the best I found for this game.

One more thing, interact with ask if the miniature stone pillars at the very beginning of the game in Things Betwixt- that's the entirety of the tutorial.
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 4:14 pm

I did the tutorial, and killed the scotish guy with the green sword and made it to the talking cat. I have since put the game down and will get back to later. Do I get an alert when its time to level up? Id like to find a bow for ranged attacks, is there one close by?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 9:07 pm

You have to visit the chick by the bonfire in Majula to level up.

Unless they're aggressive, I strongly suggest not killing NPCs.  They're you're merchants and skill teachers. If it's not being sold in Majula, you probably need to find it or pick it up off a dead body.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 1:47 pm

Gonna grab the DLC as soon as I can. Been too damn busy lately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!    *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS....  TWO!!11!1!  thread 4 W1NNARS!   - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS.... TWO!!11!1! thread 4 W1NNARS!
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8