The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
+7
AlphaShepherd
TyrantII
mbgonzomd
Re-volution
Mark Sporto
bdwright77
frankthetoad
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:14 am

Last night I finally made my way out of Sen's Fortress. I think I got every ring, weapon and item in the place except for whatever is on the very bottom floor by the titanite demon.

I made my way back to the depths to farm rats. I got cursed and died three times just trying to get to the rat farming bonfire. Shocked

I was rushing, which gets you killed even at level 59 in the depths. Laughing

I also want to get a particular sword, Server, from the swamp area in Blight Town. Is there a shortcut to get there?
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:31 am

You can go from New Londo Ruins to the top of Blighttown and then down to the swamp. It's not too bad, but you do have to fight a few of the giant guys and take the water wheel down.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:38 am

New Londo is the area with the ghosts, right? Is the entrance to Blighttown very far in? I'll go check some maps too.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:45 am

Yes, that's the area. The path to Blighttown is right there at the beginning in a similar stone tower, but you need a key from Blighttown to open the gate. You'll come out on a ledge with a small bridge (which is technically in the Valley of the Drakes). Across the bridge is Blighttown.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:48 am

Alpha, completely agree about the soul glitch being cheating. I myself used the glitch on a subsequent playthrough, but I never invaded other people's worlds. If the developers discover a glitch like that, surely they can keep that person from getting online...
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:51 am

bdwright77 wrote:
Yes, that's the area. The path to Blighttown is right there at the beginning in a similar stone tower, but you need a key from Blighttown to open the gate. You'll come out on a ledge with a small bridge (which is technically in the Valley of the Drakes). Across the bridge is Blighttown.

Thanks, I should have the key I think... you and I went through that area before and I remember the bridge. I'll check tonight.

frankthetoad wrote:
Alpha, completely agree about the soul glitch being cheating. I myself used the glitch on a subsequent playthrough, but I never invaded other people's worlds. If the developers discover a glitch like that, surely they can keep that person from getting online...

Word! It's probably mostly 13 year old boys using it to grief other players, but yeah... you'd think they could figure out if a character had used the glitch and ban them from being able to get online.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 9:15 am

It's been a while since I've played this game, but invasions always got my adrenaline surging...unlike any other gaming moment in my not-so-small gaming career. It's a freaking rush...more so in Demon's Souls.

In Dark Souls I felt much the same way. It was the anticipation of the encounter. Will he find me? Can I surprise him? Should I bolt for my hidey hole? Then the battle itself. At first, and much like Demon's Souls, you felt you had a chance. Had a buddy with you? The invader was toast....

Then there was the forest area (the one before Sif) in Dark Souls. It got to a point where I would sign out of the PSN if I was in human form going there. That was griefer central when I was playing. I believe they all moved to the end game area later on. Ridiculous. What are they getting out of it? You could tell they all had the stupid mahogany ninja acrobat flippy ring. It was maddening...and you had to wonder, why the make sweet love are these guys sitting here for hours doing this? Do they get enjoyment out of ruining others games through cheating?

I hope they leave invasions in. It's an excellent part of the game that, if done correctly, really gets the heart pumping. I just hope they spend a lot of time thinking about possible exploits and patching them before the game releases.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 9:22 am

frankthetoad wrote:
I hope they leave invasions in. It's an excellent part of the game that, if done correctly, really gets the heart pumping. I just hope they spend a lot of time thinking about possible exploits and patching them before the game releases.

Exactly. The few times I have been invaded by someone I had a chance of damaging was very thrilling, for a video game experience. If done right it's awesome... if you allow cheaters it ruins the entire thing.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:21 am

bdwright77 wrote:

I farmed 15 humanity from the rats then headed down to New Londo ruins. I found the other tower easy and made my way back to the Blighttown swamp, only dying one time to those effing flies that you can't hit because the game doesn't track their vertical position correctly.

I put on my rusted iron ring, poison resist gear, etc. and wandered around. I'm really glad I am just wandering right now, exploring. I would have missed the entrance to the Great Hollow and Valley of the Drakes. I found the sword I wanted, Server, which I am planning on upgrading to a fire weapon even though I am using a STR build.

I fell off the tree in the Great Hollow and died, but at least I am at the campfire there. What a Face
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:54 am

Protip, DO NOT touch the bonfires at the bottom of the hollows. Its a royal PITA to climb out if that pit.

Id level up souls and just go down for loot, then intentionally kill yourself to respawn back at the top
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:59 am

Thanks... I've got plenty of homeward bones saved up and almost zero souls on me right now.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:59 am

Robe & Wizard Hat
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:11 am

I think you should change the forum rank of "1%'r" to "Homeward Bone."
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:12 am

Maybe change "NOMaster" to "Homeward Bone-r" ?
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:16 am

Also I should have enough Large Titanite chunks to finally get my Greatshield of Artorias tonight.

Thriller
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:33 am

I'm thinking I'm gonna wait until I get the Lord Vessel to go down to Ash Lake. I don't want to try and get out of there by climbing.

So I'm about to go kill Ornstein & Smough. I am wondering about making Anor Londo go dark... should I do that? I'm not a faith based character, so don't really have any use for the Princess Guard covenant.

Also I wanted to find out what fires I could port to with the Lord Vessel and accidentally read about the Darkwraith Covenant you can give the Lord Vessel to or the other guy... which is the better path to take?
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:40 am

Ahem... Benny? Toad?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:46 am

It's been so long....I really don't know.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:51 am

Sad
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 11:36 am

Benny will know....
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 11:40 am

Benny... Mad
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:00 am

Last night I finally killed Smough & Ornstein. I tried it solo first... lol no way. Then I tried a few times with Solaire and almost made it. I decided I would try to get some human help so I stayed offline and cleared out the chapel area (that one Giant Sentry that can heal himself is a Beeeeyotch...) then went online and waited by the fog door hoping an invader wouldn't think to look for me there.

First try I summoned one dude and Solaire. We didn't make it. The other dude died almost right away by Ornstein.

Second try I summoned two humans and we made it. It was close at times, but I kept the estus flasks going when they would get low on health. I wanted Ornstein's ring and got it!

Now I have the Lord Vessel and need to figure out what to do with it. I camped out at the bonfire there in the chapel.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 8:00 am

Benny... Mad
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:21 am

What Soul Level are you? I'd play again. If you speak to Fraampt in Firelink, he'll force you to drop off the lord vessel at the altar (you'll still be able to warp to any warpable bonfire in the game, though you have to rest at some first before they become accessible). If you want to join the darkwraith covenant, go beat New Londo ruins without talking to Fraampt.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:29 am

I'm 63 right now. I've got a level 15 dude too I think.

I don't care about the Darkwraith covenant, so I guess I will just speak to Fraampt.

What about making Anor Londo go dark? Is that a good idea for farming? Are there any negatives to doing that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 15 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next