The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
+7
AlphaShepherd
TyrantII
mbgonzomd
Re-volution
Mark Sporto
bdwright77
frankthetoad
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team
bdwright77

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Ha. Ring Revived!
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:55 pm

If only Alpha had more humanity stocked up, I really think we could've persevered. Sometimes you just encounter someone who's character build is perfectly designed to take down your own. Other times you manage to have someone summoned and completely whoop up on 'em. It's not as bad as the several times we had issues, but it's definitely frustrating at times, especially when you lack the humanity to go human again.

Anyway... It was fun while it lasted with Alpha, and Rev and I will soon put the nightcap on this thing . I think this is my 6th time through the game. Geez.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 4:23 pm

How was the DLC? Worth it?
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:07 pm

I mean, it was to me, but it wasn't altogether too difficult. It adds a lot of chances for Peer vs peer encounters and some really cool gear / boss fights, but it could've been a touch longer/harder.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Trophies?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 6:20 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Mad
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:14 am

bdwright77 wrote:
but it could've been a touch longer/harder.

T...W...S...
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:31 pm

So, I started going around killing all the NPC's and joining the covenants that I needed for the trofee. I blame Benny.

I joined the Cat covenant and put on the ring for some pvp fun. WOW! this seems like it is the place to battle. I saw time after time last night, two humans joining up to do battle. I would be summoned and find they had cleared the place out of all foes to just do battle with the CAT summoned people. In one fight last night I gained 147,000+ souls. That dood must have been p-dissed. I spent about an hour and left with 300K souls, not to bad. Benny, wanna go human after I join the other covenants and kill the rest of my NPC's and do battle in the forest? You gotta try it out. Battle ground city! My Great Scythe +15 is a formidable weapon plus my 40 level intelligence using the black magic deals about 560 damage in one cast.

This game is boot knocking great!

I have to go find the merchant that appears after joining the CAT cov. in blighttown at the bottom of the wheel, buy her shizzle, kill her and then take my Flame Pyromancy to +5 with the other chick in the swamps, kill that bitch and move on.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:43 pm

Ahhh, Re-Vo, that's the great part about finishing up the first playthrough of this game. Sadly, I'm not sure I can join that covenant any longer. I'll see if I can tonight.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:05 am

I'll be on tonight, Revo if you want to catch up and finish the first play through.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 11:25 am

I'm down to finish. Still need to make my list, Ha!
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:18 pm

You make that list yet? I have to go to Louisiana this weekend but will bring the PS3 along since I'll be bored to death in Ruston (unless I'm shooting guns or lobbying La Tech to give Tennessee another head coach!). I'll finish up killing off my NPCs and all that so we can finish up this playthrough next week and start in on NG+.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:24 pm

I did Snugly the Crow last night. I want to upgrade all possible weapons that use Demon Souls which shouldn't take long at all, just need the cash to buy the shards, I have the chunks already so yea, we should be able to finish this weekend for sure.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 12:57 pm

287 hours and finally completed.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Yeah, but there's still more!!!
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 1:16 pm

bdwright77 wrote:
Yeah, but there's still more!!!

For sure cheers
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:15 pm

I'm going to be playing this again when there is no one on BF3. I'll be playing hollow so I don't get invaded by l33t h4ck3r douchebags who can 1-shot anything because they used the glitch before or farm souls 24/7.

I'd like to finish the game at some point. I think I left of in Anus Londo, not sure.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 7:23 pm

It really wasn't that bad for invasions. I think you were getting the short end of the stick for some odd reason. Benny and me played our frooty booty off and invasions were welcomed Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 12:20 am

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 Come_at_me_bro
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:16 am

Re-volution wrote:
It really wasn't that bad for invasions. I think you were getting the short end of the stick for some odd reason. Benny and me played our frooty booty off and invasions were welcomed Twisted Evil

It was that bad for me. Mule summed it up in the thread he made about it:

mbgonzomd wrote:
Seriously. What is the purpose other than to screw someone else's game up?

If you want vitality, kill some rats.

It seems like a cyber-pissing contest. Look at me! I have better armor than you and I have a spell that will nuke half of east anus londo.

Not a fan at all.

I seemed to get all the invaders that did the soul glitch and leveled up their gear to +1 bajillion but kept their soul level lower. Benny had much better gear than I did, was always a higher level, and anyone that invaded always killed us both. After they killed Benny they would one shot me every single time. I had very heavy armor and a great shield for my level too. I could go toe-to-toe with any creatures in the game my level, but couldn't even scratch an invader. Of course, every one I saw had super weird armor I had never seen before and weapons as well. Not to mention spells that would, like Mule said, nuke half of east anus londo.

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:20 am

So over the weekend I fired this back up and got back in the swing of things. No pun intended. I ended up trying the Anor Londo bosses once and died horribly. So I decided I had better go back and farm some humanity so I can, at least, summon Solaire to help me in the fight.

I went back through Anor Londo, not remembering anything about where to go to get out. I made my way back to Sen's Fortress and did the same thing there, just tried to find my way out.

I don't think I ever had so much fun in Dark Soul's before. I wasn't looking at a walkthrough for an area, I wasn't targeting a specific piece of gear or boss, I was just walking around, exploring, killing and dying.

It was awesome. Since I was hollow there was also no threat of invasion.

I just went slow, took my time and explored everywhere. I ended up finding a sweet club (occult club), two or three rings, the black iron armor set, greater magic weapon spell, etc. etc.

I ran out of time while still in Sen's Fortress trying to find my way out. I'm lost, but it's ok because it makes it that much more fun. Can't wait to get back in and try to make my way out of there!
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:05 pm

Boom. That's awesome. You can farm humanity on rats (or the baby skeletons in the tomb of giants later on in the game), but otherwise the game is fantastic on it's own without the MP element. I'll be interested to see the steps they take in DS2 to limit the grievances we've had from the first two games (infinite heals for the invader, glitching soul levels, duping equipment, etc.).

Still, one thing will always remain, I suspect. Sometimes, you just come up against an invader that's the antithesis of your character. Dying is just one of the natural mechanics of the game, as is losing a ton of souls sometimes Smile

Glad you're giving it another go, Alpha. I'm sure you'll enjoy what you get out of it playing solo.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 4:32 pm

Exploits ruined dark souls mp, even more so than des. Why they thought it wise to include powerful hard point weapons (lightning) is beyond me. Thats all anyone runs with.

They also broke the game with tje dragon head glitch and master key. Next game they need to work on a way to exclude all but the best from running to late game areas, which was frankly easy here.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:10 am

bdwright77 wrote:
Still, one thing will always remain, I suspect. Sometimes, you just come up against an invader that's the antithesis of your character. Dying is just one of the natural mechanics of the game, as is losing a ton of souls sometimes Smile

No doubt there will always be someone perfectly suited to take down your character. That's a good thing, in my opinion, and something that should stay in future games. If everyone is cookie cutter than it's no fun... it's just who can push buttons faster.

It's the cheaters that ruin it all for everyone though and people that used the soul glitch are just that... cheaters. People try and justify it by saying the dev's put it in the game so they used it don't hate, blah blah blah... BS. It's cheating. When you can invade my world and have god like weapons and armor that can obliterate me in one hit while I can't touch you, that's cheating. My character is a pure STR/END build. I am wearing heavy armor and using STR weapons and shield. I should be able to take more than one swipe from a similar level character and live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 14 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next