The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
+7
AlphaShepherd
TyrantII
mbgonzomd
Re-volution
Mark Sporto
bdwright77
frankthetoad
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
bdwright77
Zombie outbreak response team
bdwright77

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:36 pm

As long as you still play DS with me!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 2:40 pm

So now that I am down to 1 or 2 humanity, thanks to griefer douchebags, is there any way I can get back to the rats to farm some more? I am stuck in Anor Londo right now.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:59 pm

I'd say you can talk to your gargoyles again and fly back to sen's, walk it out, and boom. There you are.

Spend your souls of course... and go hollow Smile

BTW, you can't be invaded in areas that you've already beaten.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 4:05 pm

After watching a walkthrough of Anor Londo, I think I will just do it alone until I get to the boss area. That way I don't have to worry about douchebag griefers invading my world, and after the boss I can get back to Firelink easily by warping. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 4:14 pm

Well, I'll be waiting for you at the boss area then Smile You can also put down your summon sign and help some others there in Anor Londo to earn souls/humanity as well.

Just beware of those archers on the ledges... Watch a vid on that, or let me know and I'll help you get past em and to a bonfire. I spent a very long time there once.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 4:16 pm

drinking

Benny I read you can find a great scythe in the catacombs since we didn't get one in Sen's fortress. It's a loot item that is always there.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 4:18 pm

Yep, I grabbed that one. Damnable thing has a slow animation. Part of why I like the regular one better. No worries man. I can either degrade my Lifehunt Scythe or find something worth trading to you or Rev for the regular scythe.
Back to top Go down
Hitch08
Spambot
Hitch08

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Alpha - Just go back to BF3.

<----- Problem solver.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm ready to try to connect tonight so get Alpha some pain killers and a glass of scotch and let's do this.

And! they are Quiffers not Griffers

call a spade a spade.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:02 am

So last night I only died twice in Anor Londo. Once to the gargoyles and once to the knights inside. Both times because my camera view was in a ceiling timber or a wall ornament. Mad

That is a really cool zone. I got a ton of good loot... all of Havel's stuff, the Silver Knight armor, etc. I am going to have to go back after I kill the boss to be sure I got it all.

I'm up for killing the 2 boss guys tonight. I am camped at the fire and have the short cut opened. I only have 1 humanity left, so once I go human that will be all I can do until I get more.

Questions:

1) While watching a walkthrough for Anor Londo I learned that it matters which boss you kill first because only the other guy's armor will be available later on or something... which is the best one for me to kill first? I have primarily a STR build.

2) I am about to see the giant blacksmith. I was thinking about using the Sif soul to make either the cursed greatsword of Artorias or else the great shield of Artorias. Which would be better for me?

Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:39 am

1) As far as the fight is concerned, it's easier to defeat the skinny guy (Ornstein) before the fatty (Smough), but Ornstein's armor is a lot cooler looking. Both are pretty effective sets, nonetheless.

2) As a strength build, the regular (not cursed) great sword of Artorias is one of the best swords in the game, as I understand it. I never used the sword, but then again, I had a different character build. The cursed version is a little less powerful, but has the added effect of damaging ghosts. You have to have pretty high level skills (above 20) in most major categories (strength, dex, int, and faith) to wield it with one hand. Likewise, the greatshield is one of the best shields, but I think you could ascend one of the other shields to something comparable. Get the sword.

Last thing, Alpha. Don't go human right away in Anor Londo on your way to the boss. As you get out into the main hall, your black eye orb will "start vibrating." You'll want to go to your inventory and use the item to invade Lautrec and help restore your Firelink bonfire. Don't worry if you die trying, you can attempt it again.

A good strategy is to trigger one of his guards with an arrow first, and then take them out separately if you can. Lautrec's shotels cut right through shields, btw.

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:46 am

It looks like the cursed version has lower requirements and does more damage... ?
Back to top Go down
Hitch08
Spambot
Hitch08

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:52 am

This game is extremely complicated. Y'all should go back to BF3 and just spray and pray.

<------ Problem solver.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:55 am

True. I'm about to unlock the extended mag for the Pecheneg too. chestbump
Back to top Go down
Hitch08
Spambot
Hitch08

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 am

I I love you the Pecheneg.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:18 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
It looks like the cursed version has lower requirements and does more damage... ?

Never mind. I just saw that the regular version also does magic damage. I'll get that one. Robe & Wizard Hat
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:49 pm

And give me your scythe?
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 1:22 pm

If I ever find one. Their bonus is Dex based, which I am not going for.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Benny, I'm going to reboot my whole internet tonight before I get online and try to play. Perhaps that may help us connect.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:19 pm

Did a little research. Here is a quote from NAMCO I found.

Quote :
Quote:
"Due to several contacts we've received from users confused as to how the summoning feature works in game, we have provided this list to help.

Conditions for summoning (White Sign Soapstone):
The host (person who's game world will be used) must be human. The client (person joining the game) can either be human or undead.
The client’s level must fall within 10% (above or below) of the host’s level. Generally, this example formula should give you a good idea on whether you will be able to join: (L x 1.1)
≥ L ≥ (L x 0.9), where is L the level of the client and L is the level of the host. For example, if the level of the host is 20, then they will only be able to summon players who are levels 18 to 22.
The area boss (Taurus Demon, Bell Gargoyles, Moonlight Butterfly, etc…) in the host’s world must still be alive. A client can still be summoned even if the client has already defeated their own area boss.
The host must not have placed down a summoning sign. Summoning signs from other players will not appear in a host’s world if the host also has placed a summoning sign down. This is to prevent a network conflict of the host joining someone else's game world while the clients are trying to join the host's game world.
After successfully summoning, the client will return to their world if the area boss is defeated, the client is killed or the host is killed.

Also, please note that there are several different servers/lobbies that are being used for Dark Souls, so you may not be able to summon a specific friend into your game even if you adhere to the steps above. We can only recommend that you follow the steps above for the best chance at being able to join a specific friends' game

If this is true then being at Level 75, I would be able to summon level 67.5 - 82.5 or 68-82 putting Benny at level 67 one level out.

Does this formula hold true for Benny and Alpha?
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:30 pm

Revo of Gunt wrote:
Does this formula hold true for Benny and Alpha?

No. The one that explains our level difference is 10 levels +/-10%. When I was level 49 I was able to summon Benny at 63. According to NAMCO's effed up formula, I would only have been allowed to summon a player who was level 44-54.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:44 pm

It's down in the tar pit at Sen's Fortress. You'll want to go down there anyway to kill some Prowling Demons for their Demon Titanite stones. It's at the back, underneath the platform with the three Cobra demon dudes.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm at 67 by the way. Alpha, go ahead and rank up once more if you can before we try to meet up. You're at 51 right?
Back to top Go down
Hitch08
Spambot
Hitch08

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Popcorn2
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:52 pm

I'm at 54. I might have enough for a rank up, but I wanted to save some souls for the giant blacksmith to upgrade some stuff.

I think I might upgrade the silver knight armor set, it's kinda nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 12 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next