The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display

Go down 
+3
frankthetoad
mbgonzomd
AlphaShepherd
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display Empty
PostSubject: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:00 am

I figured we needed a thread to describe how to kill the bosses in Dark Souls. After dying two or three times I usually look up a strategy for them, so it might as well be here.

The only two (major bosses) I have fought so far:

1) Asylum Demon. Starting area.

Spoiler:

2) Taurus Demon. Undead Burg.

Spoiler:

3) Dark Knight and Armored Boar. Undead Parish.

Spoiler:

4) Gargoyles (aka, Maneater 2.0). Undead Parish.

Spoiler:

5) Capra Demon. Basement of Undead Burg (the door to the right when you're facing the Dragon on the bridge).

Spoiler:

6) Giant Sewer Rat (mini-boss). The Depths.

Spoiler:

7) Gaping Dragon. The Depths.

Spoiler:

8 ) Quelaag. Quelaag's Lair (at the bottom of Blighttown on the other side of the swamp).

Spoiler:

9) Ceaseless Discharge. Demon's Ruins (down the stairs from the second bell).

Spoiler:

10) Moonlight Butterfly. Darkroot Garden? Basin? Forest? (I can't remember)

Spoiler:

11) The Great Grey Wolf Sif. Darkroot Forest.

Spoiler:

12) Scaleless Dragon. Valley of the Drakes.

Spoiler:

13) Pinwheel. Catacombs.

Spoiler:

14) Iron Golem (aka Tower Knight v2.0). Sen's Fortress.

Spoiler:

15) Ornstein & Smough (aka Laurel and Hardy). Anor Londo.

Spoiler:

16) Seath the Scaleless. Duke's Archive.

Spoiler:

17) Nito. Tomb of Giants.

Spoiler:

18) Priscilla. The Painted World of Ariamis.

Spoiler:

Last edited by AlphaShepherd on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:20 am

Toad since you obviously know a ton more than us... can you edit them into the original post and add in locations too?
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:08 am

How do you unlock the door to the capra demon?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:13 am

mbgonzomd wrote:
You mean the door at the foot of the bridge where the dragon is? I think I found it further on into Undead Parish... It's called the "Basement Key."
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:13 am

Also the Armored Boar supposedly can drop a very nice helmet, but he won't drop it if you use the backstab attack like I did. Mad Mad Mad

You have to hack it off of his face, so no firebombs, etc. either. There are more armored boars later in the game though. I guess I will try then. Mad
Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:47 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:
Also the Armored Boar supposedly can drop a very nice helmet, but he won't drop it if you use the backstab attack like I did. Mad Mad Mad

You have to hack it off of his face, so no firebombs, etc. either. There are more armored boars later in the game though. I guess I will try then. Mad

Wikis seem to refute the head attack scenario. Folks were saying they got the helmet with back stabs and with the BBQ method.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:49 am

Rooksarii wrote:
AlphaShepherd wrote:

Wikis seem to refute the head attack scenario. Folks were saying they got the helmet with back stabs and with the BBQ method.

Ok good... maybe it's just a random drop then and I didn't get lucky. Because in a weird way it was quite satisfying to ram my drake sword all the way up its keester. Razz
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:49 am

I got it, but it's not that nice. Too bling looking, and heavy as frak.

like i said with the armored Boar, like everything in Undeadburg, fire is the enemy. You'll see two fire pikes in the area, and if you can lure him into one, it'll do 1/3-1/2 damage.

I also used them to lure other enemies down the stairs.

Be care if you've opened the gate BTW. One of the enemies that re-spawns will make a dash for it and close it if you return to the area. You'll want to sprint to him, avoiding the others and the archers, and back stab the SOB before he does. Another fun thing I found out is you can then use the gate to kill any unsuspecting spear knights that mosey on over.

Last edited by TyrantII on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:50 am

toadthefrank wrote:
mbgonzomd wrote:
You mean the door at the foot of the bridge where the dragon is? I think I found it further on into Undead Parish... It's called the "Basement Key."

Are we talking about the locked door just above the knight that offers to be your Internet buddy and fight with you?
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:48 am

AlphaShepherd wrote:

The skadegy that I used to kill the boar was to run down the stairs under the bridge the two archers were on. The boar cannot go all the way down the stairs, he gets stuck and you can just hack his head. I has the helmet. It fuhking huge! Hope I can sell it for a pretty penny
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:54 am

I haven't been getting many drops from enemies. But I got a few critical hit/back stabs last night and got some drops. I was wondering if your chance of a drop is better after a back stab.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:57 am

It's better the more humanity you have in the upper left part of the HUD.
Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:15 pm

My strat for "Tainted Ed" AKA Asylum Demon

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:16 pm

mbgonzomd wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:
mbgonzomd wrote:

Are we talking about the locked door just above the knight that offers to be your Internet buddy and fight with you?
That's the one.

And like Tyrant said, the more Humanity you have consumed, the higher the drop rate. I believe 10 Humanity is the upper limit of affecting drop rate, though I think you can consume more than 10...

I've read that you should wait to kill Dark Knights until you're in Human form with a relatively high Humanity. They apparently drop lots of good stuff. I've killed three of them while Hollow... Sad
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:03 am

Updated the first post with some more baddies.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:16 am

I'd love to see some Tower Knight strategies as well.

I beat the first one in Undead Burg easy enough just straight up block and swinging... but the one in the Armored Pig's tower was eating me for lunch. Kek and Toad told me to use the pyres in that area to make him burn himself up and that worked like a charm.

I also tried a few times to take the one on when I went back to the Asylum and he wrecked me. It wasn't pretty.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:28 am

Alpha, if you're a melee character with decent endurance, it's best to lock on, stay close and try to circle back for the backstab. Or...if there's a large area, just let them take a swing while you roll away, then run back in for a quick hit. It's slow going, but that's how I beat the first one in Undead Burg.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:31 am

Gotcha. I think I need to up the stat that will make my guy roll faster. Dex? He's heavily armored and rolls so slow that by the time I stand back up the enemy is facing me directly again.

When I am just going from place to place I put the black leather armor on just so I can run faster. Razz
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:33 am

I've got my Vitality, Endurance, and Strength at 25. My Dexterity is somewhere around 20 (+/- a few SL). I thought I was going to be a melee/miracle wielder, but now that I'm rocking my Magic Scimitar...I've started putting some levels in Intelligence. My Soul Arrow is weaksauce, but I'll get there.

Endurance is a must for the melee build. Being able to absorb more hits with your shield is invaluable.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:32 am

Added more boss strategies through Sen's Fortress.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:37 am

toadthefrank wrote:
I've got my Vitality, Endurance, and Strength at 25. My Dexterity is somewhere around 20 (+/- a few SL). I thought I was going to be a melee/miracle wielder, but now that I'm rocking my Magic Scimitar...I've started putting some levels in Intelligence. My Soul Arrow is weaksauce, but I'll get there.

Endurance is a must for the melee build. Being able to absorb more hits with your shield is invaluable.

Where do you buy magic?
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:43 am

From the dude at Firelink after you save him from the Basement in Undead Burg/Undead Parish before you fight the Capra Demon.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:49 am

I saved him and went back, but he was not there. I have not been back since I killed the demon, maybe he is there now.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:51 am

If you're standing at the fire looking at the arches where you see the cleric guy, the sorcerer is to your left...not through the arches. He's standing near that well where the dead body is.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:54 am

Ok, I will look closer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display   Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls Boss Battles... or How To See Your Internal Organs On Display
Page 1 of 1