The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Farming for Souls- Two Methods

Go down 
+6
Kekborg
t-neck
Mark Sporto
AlphaShepherd
TyrantII
frankthetoad
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:23 pm

lol!

Man, i love this game
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:52 pm

If anyone tries this farming method, unequip everything or you won't get by all the baddies.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:22 pm

Kekborg wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:
TyrantII wrote:
looks like I'll have to find undead parish. That downstairs from the first fire?
No. Undead Burg is up the stairs along the aqueduct looking thing. Undead Parish is the area you enter after beating the Taurus Demon.

The Graveyard area (don't know what the name is since I couldn't get very far in there) is the location through the arch and water from the first bonfire.

Down the spiral staircase from the first bonfire is New Lordran (sp?).

So from the campfire by the nee hee hee guy, you will head the other direction then the nee hee hee guy. You'll know when your close because there is a stairway you go up and a guy rolls down this huge ball of flaming poo at you (this will only happen the first time you encounter him). When you go up those stairs, you enter a building and you can go up, or down. DO NOT GO DOWN. I don't know what that this is called that is down there but it scared the sh!t out of me, chased me, and finally killed me with one hit Shocked .

Go up and you'll see the fog. Enter it and the taures demon will kill you.

Hope this helps.

toadthefrank wrote:
I didn't even know you could go down in the tower where the Taurus Demon is. Doing it tonight!

I went down the stairs and ran back up after I saw that thing. WoW! Not going back down until I get some more balz

Frank, you take this big guy on?
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:35 pm

AlphaShepherd wrote:
Poor Toad. We knew him well. Sad

This.

He is a one hit wonder.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:39 pm

I assume the way down is through the locked door at the bottom of the tower? If so, I don't have a key.

But if you mean the knight standing on the balcony at the end of the stairs outside at the bottom of the tower, I killed him ded.

I'm farming a bunch of souls tonight. I got to get my endurance up so I can move more spritely in my heavy armor. My guy doesn't so much as roll as he does fall on the ground, do an awkward somersault, and slowly get back up. I tried to buy him a MedAlert bracelet at the merchants shop, but I guess they were out.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:41 pm

When I got to the spiral staircase leading up to Ford Taurus I looked for a staircase down and didn't see one. I haven't killed Taurus yet though.
Back to top Go down
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:51 pm

toadthefrank wrote:
I assume the way down is through the locked door at the bottom of the tower? If so, I don't have a key.

But if you mean the knight standing on the balcony at the end of the stairs outside at the bottom of the tower, I killed him ded.

I'm farming a bunch of souls tonight. I got to get my endurance up so I can move more spritely in my heavy armor. My guy doesn't so much as roll as he does fall on the ground, do an awkward somersault, and slowly get back up. I tried to buy him a MedAlert bracelet at the merchants shop, but I guess they were out.

Yeah, I'm talking about this dood.

Havel The Rock

Oh..farming is for... affraid
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Yep, that is the one I am talking about.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 1:57 pm

Revo of Gunt wrote:
toadthefrank wrote:

Yeah, I'm talking about this dood.

Havel The Rock

Oh..farming is for... affraid
I can't get to him because I picked the stoopid fire bombs like a chump. I saw a video of him and his attack is super slow. I imagine you guys could whoop him easy.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:10 am

I tried killing this dragon last night. Went up to the tower at the very beginning of Undead Parish, killed the Dark Knight up there...but didn't see a dragon. Sad
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:37 am

Added a new method that's found somewhere in Darkroot to the first post.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:21 am

So last night I saved up 20K souls and bought the key for the forest door.

Shocked

I went from level 21 to 31 in about an hour and a half.

I even thought that the running off the cliff thing was a bit cheesy, so I started fighting them instead. They are very fun fights! There still wasn't much risk to me as I would pull them all back to the area near the stairs in case I died, which I did a few times.

The only one I still can't beat though is the invisible-ish assassin dude. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to beat him. My Drake sword isn't doing a ton of damage to him and he's very hard to hit at all since you can't lock on.

I even ended the night with over 20K souls ready to spend since I had to log out for the Tuesday night GT5 races.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:23 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:23 am

The only Debbie Downer is no goodies get dropped if you let them lemming off the cliffs.
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:25 am

Rooksarii wrote:
The only Debbie Downer is no goodies get dropped if you let them lemming off the cliffs.

Yeah, which is another reason I have just been fighting them instead. I want that ring the invis-O guy drops though! Maybe I'll upgrade my Halberd so I have a good sweeping/arc attack weapon to use on him. scratch
Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:05 pm

Halberd does have a sick combo of swings in this game. Love how the jab has you stagger a little afterwards if you don't connect with anything.

Outside of the sewer rats under the dragon bridge area, are there any places to amass humanity quickly?
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:04 pm

Rooksarii wrote:
Halberd does have a sick combo of swings in this game. Love how the jab has you stagger a little afterwards if you don't connect with anything.

Outside of the sewer rats under the dragon bridge area, are there any places to amass humanity quickly?

Sewer in the depths, 5 small rats, then another 4 close by and a very quick run to a bonfire.

Seems to drop about 1/40-50 with 0-3 humanity stored. Deff not as easy as soul farming, but i'm sure getting the serpent ring boosts it tremendously.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:38 pm

TyrantII wrote:
Rooksarii wrote:

Sewer in the depths, 5 small rats, then another 4 close by and a very quick run to a bonfire.

Seems to drop about 1/40-50 with 0-3 humanity stored. Deff not as easy as soul farming, but i'm sure getting the serpent ring boosts it tremendously.
In this same area you've got the six sludges that drop from the ceiling that drop shards. From the bonfire I kill the two dudes in the water, take out the sludges, then run downstairs and kill all the rats. Doesn't take long and is usually fruitful. I'm getting the increase drop rate ring tonight and will test it out here.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:00 pm

I don't even bother with the sludges. They'll stay where they are, and the guy at the end of the hall too. Just take out the first guy as you run by. Hit the 5 rats, and return to the bonfire.

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:10 pm

But what I'm saying is that the sludges are the best location, at least what I've come across, to farm for shards. If you've got a ton of souls, it doesn't matter since you can buy regular shards from the blacksmith in Undead and green shards from the vendor in Sen's.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Ahh, didn't know they dropped em. Haven't got a drop from them yet, but then again i run by them mostly.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:13 pm

Yeah, I was farming them for a long time when I finally realized those rats were just down the hall. Got a lot of shards AND humanity!
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:55 am

While farming the forest clearing last night, I finally defeated the Inviso-Ninja. I've been fighting all the NPC's there instead of running them off the cliff because I love the combat in this game so much. It takes longer, but it's a lot more fun and doesn't make it feel like you're using some cheeze method to get souls.

The key is to lure him in back near the stairs. Roll around until you are between him and the forest, so his back is to the rock walls. You can maneuver him in so that he's right up against the wall then he won't circle around... he will try to run left or right but often gets blocked by the wall. You can then stab away for one or two attacks, then he'll try to block or kick you. Get the shield up and block these attacks. When he turns to move or run, stab away again. Rinse, repeat.

It's a bit tricky, and I die quite a lot still, but I can beat him. The other NPC's are pretty easy, however the axe guy with the spider shield is rough. One shot from his axe takes my stamina bar all the way down.

However, even with my Humanity at 2, I still have not gotten a single drop off of any of these douchebags. Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:30 am

Arent they tied to a covenant? If so, does killing them affect you any differently than letting them lemming? Either way, no harm no foul in my book, I jus wanna farm me some souls What a Face
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:32 am

From what I read they won't attack you if you join the Forest covenant. Fighting them is just too much fun though and their souls too valuable so I don't think I'll ever be a tree hugger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Farming for Souls- Two Methods   Farming for Souls- Two Methods - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Farming for Souls- Two Methods
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2