The NOM Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We play video games.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Go down 
+19
Beans
mbgonzomd
Smitty
pdiss88
Trilic
Rooksarii
_Meta_
beedubs
bdwright77
Huge Knutz
Jay_mb
Tez
Re-volution
frankthetoad
AlphaShepherd
TyrantII
Mark Sporto
gordho
JD23
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Yep. You have to do five small jobs in each of the four major holds. They're pains in the a$$ because there's a lot of them. If you don't mind quitting a quest once it's given to you (because you want a job in a different city), then it will go a little quicker.
Back to top Go down
Machines
Bonerfart
Machines

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:24 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
Yep. You have to do five small jobs in each of the four major holds. They're pains in the a$$ because there's a lot of them. If you don't mind quitting a quest once it's given to you (because you want a job in a different city), then it will go a little quicker.

Got it! Thanks, Toad. I'm debating on whether or not to do all this side stuff before finishing the main quest or to just go ahead and finish. I'm one step away from the final 'boss.' Just not sure if I'm strong enough yet.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:29 pm

You're strong enough.
Back to top Go down
Machines
Bonerfart
Machines

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:31 pm

frankthetoad wrote:
You're strong enough.

It's nice to know someone believes in me. Thanks, Toad.

Back to top Go down
JD23
Zombie outbreak response team
JD23

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:40 pm

Is it just me, or is the game very easy on the default difficulty? I've only been playing three or four hours, but the game definitely seems easier than other Bethesda games like Oblivion or Fallout.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:46 pm

It's not just you. I played on Adept the whole time and felt guilty for not bumping up the difficulty...
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:57 pm

gay... after 50 hours everyone should be on master difficulty.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:58 pm

You're on Master difficulty? Seriously? Kudos. For realsie.

If I play this again, I'm going to try starting out on Master difficulty. I bet it will take 3x as long to finish.
Back to top Go down
pdiss88
Titty Sprinkles
pdiss88

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:45 pm

Anyone have any tips on leveling up Smithing? I'm an Orc so it's supposed to be one of my innate abilities, but I'm still finding it difficult to level up even with all the upgrading I do. I only have it at 26 right now and I want to be able to make my Dwarven armor superior. No
Back to top Go down
pdiss88
Titty Sprinkles
pdiss88

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:47 pm

Also, I would recommend leveling up your Restoration spells if you are a warrior-type character. I cycle between two-handed great sword, a mace and a shield, and a mace and my healing spell. I also occasionally use my bow but I don't like that you have to switch weapons when an enemy gets too close.
Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:10 pm

pdiss88 wrote:
Anyone have any tips on leveling up Smithing? I'm an Orc so it's supposed to be one of my innate abilities, but I'm still finding it difficult to level up even with all the upgrading I do. I only have it at 26 right now and I want to be able to make my Dwarven armor superior. No

buy a crap load of iron inglots and leath strips. Make a crap load of iron daggers. It will take no time at all.
Back to top Go down
pdiss88
Titty Sprinkles
pdiss88

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:02 pm

JD23 wrote:
Is it just me, or is the game very easy on the default difficulty? I've only been playing three or four hours, but the game definitely seems easier than other Bethesda games like Oblivion or Fallout.

It'll get tougher when you wander into areas built for levels higher than your character. The enemies will be much stronger but won't make drops much better than your average baddies. Also, I've noticed that it's much more difficult to sit around blocking the attacks of multiple enemies. You need to use a shout, magic or something similar.

For the most part, though, the game does a good job of balancing the difficulty of the enemies to your level.
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:33 am

I've had trouble with a number of enemies. Granted I haven't played in over a week, but I was getting one or two-shotted by lightning casting mages a lot. I've since dumped a whole lot into health and am fairing a bit better.
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:34 am

What difficulty are you playing on? Are you running around in robes or armor?
Back to top Go down
bdwright77
bdwright77

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:58 am

I have light armor (Nightingale-Exquisite) with a few good perks dumped into the skill tree as well.
Back to top Go down
pdiss88
Titty Sprinkles
pdiss88

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:04 am

bdwright77 wrote:
I've had trouble with a number of enemies. Granted I haven't played in over a week, but I was getting one or two-shotted by lightning casting mages a lot. I've since dumped a whole lot into health and am fairing a bit better.

I noticed that...I did that The Hangover-style quest and every mage I fought in the dungeon was a joke except for ONE lightning-casting guy at the very end who could kill me in 3 or 4 shots. With all his buddies attacking me at the same time, I had to gradually take them out and keep saving in case I died and then take him out last.

He "killed" Lydia, but she only did one of those staggering "deaths" where she stops fighting and then gets up once I clear the area of enemies.
Back to top Go down
JD23
JD23

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:10 am

Did health and magic automatically regenerate in Oblivion? I haven't played in so long that I don't remember, but it seems a bit odd and makes using a mage-style character more appealing.
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 23 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 6:19 pm