Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Re-volution
Bonerfart
Re-volution

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:52 pm

I had Lydia and she was at the door leading out to town. She was in Jarl's house? Anyway, Lydia's gone now Sad she got offed when I went into some tomb or something. Then I found a Dog cheers he helped me fight and kept me good company until I accidently shot him with my fire blast. He ded now.

I am going almost pure Mage as well Frank. We need to be like Fistbump! what race are you? I chose Dark Elf. red eyezs ftw!

I am currently at the college and just started my training.

This game is great! I love the fact that I have probably 1/2 of Dark Souls to complete and this. Love these types of games. When I get bored or need a change I hop onto BF3!

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:55 pm

I'm also a Dark Elf and will be going to the college tonight.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 Frankthetoad
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:35 pm

I accidentally a whole dragon at Winterhold tonight. He attacked, I hit him a few times, then a bunch of polar bears killed him. All was good until they started attacking me. I ran into a cave, waited 3 hours, then went back to where the dragon died. There was no carcass, but I absorbed its soul. Unfortunately, I tried to activate a new shout and it said I needed a dragon soul. Uh. Just found one? Did the game glitch on me?

Back to top Go down
Huge Knutz
Bonerfart
Huge Knutz

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:12 am

well its official...i played so much I have to stop because my forearms and thumbs are killing me. I need to ice them and take a couple days off.

damn...must be the aging.
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:11 am

A few questions:

Is there a way to lock on? What about with the bow?

Souls gems? What do these do?

Is there a way to tell the difficulty of an objective before undertaking said objective?

PSN: mule-tool
XBL: Grande MULETOOL

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:12 am

Another question:

The constellation thing. Why will it not let me put a perk where I want it?

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:16 am

You have to be at the required level in that skill. It tells you the required skill and you current skill level.

Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:33 am

no locking on. your best bet is to fight going backward. and when you anticipate a fight with multiple attackers, try and save before engaging them. you'll do a lot of running and hiding and then attacking them and then turn and run, hide, fight, etc... it can be as intense as DS but in a far less unforgiving way. i made a giant chase me across a meadow and i went into a tower that he was too small to get into and as he tried attacking me through the door, i stood back and peppered him to death with arrows.

which brings me to your next question... with the bow, you typically have plenty of time to line up a sneak attack first shot and the initial sneak attack arrow will do 2x the damage of the arrows fired when you're in a fight. and you can fire arrows from far away as well. and as you up your archery perks, you'll up your arrows to 3x damage with a sneak attack and a slow down zoom. also, look for rings/pendants/clothes that have archery enchantments. i found a ring last night that gives me 30% more damage with arrows. and get a good bow. i'm using a dwarven bow.

soul gems - you have to get a "soul capturing" weapon to capture souls in the gems. soul gems are used for enchantments and recharging enchanted weapons.

you can actually take on any objective, but if it's higher in difficulty it will obviously take a lot more time and careful planning, but nothing is out of reach which is the real beauty of the game. there is no linear way to play it.

as for the constellations, you need to look at the bottom of your screen to check to see what your skill level is. as you add perks to skills you'll need to have a high rank in that skill. most perks start out around 20 but after that required ranks go up to 25, 30, 40, etc. just look near the bottom of the screen and you'll see where it says something along the lines of, "Archery 32 / required 40" that means your archery has to be ranked up to 40... obviously.

but you also can hold on to perks until you level up. you don't have to spend them and can work on leveling a skill to put the stat where you want.

i hope this helps.

psn: matzira
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:44 am

also, mule, you were asking about reading books before...

whenever you see books, at least open them and close them because occasionally they'll give you a skill boost or open up a side quest.

i opened up a bunch of side quests last night just reading books.

Last edited by Mark Sporto on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:44 am

Thanks, that helps.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:45 am

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 8:49 am

I did not know they opened side quests...

I went all over the college last night and down to the middens. They've got some cool stuff here. I've got my Destruction to 41 now. And that's with no exploits!

Ended up stopping last night in the old dwarf city. Forgot what it's called. I've also opened up 2 Daedric quests.

That's my main problem, I keep opening up quests, doing half of the requirements and then start doing something else. I need some Skyrim ritalin!

Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:06 am

daedric quests quests were awesome in oblivion. i haven't found any yet, but i remember that each one hooked you up with some cool stuff.

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:15 am

Mark Sporto wrote:
soul gems - you have to get a "soul capturing" weapon to capture souls in the gems. soul gems are used for enchantments and recharging enchanted weapons.

There is also a spell, I don't remember from what school of magic, that lasts for 60 seconds after you cast it. If the creature you cast it on dies within that time and you have an appropriate soul gem in your inventory (petty, weak, grand, etc.) then it will get filled up. You can then use the filled gems to recharge any magic item that has a set amount of charges on it.

Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:33 am

that's true... i forgot about the spell. i know alvor in rivermore sells some "soul capturing" weapons.

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:43 am

Mark Sporto wrote:
that's true... i forgot about the spell. i know alvor in rivermore sells some "soul capturing" weapons.

Also one of the perks you can choose in the conjuration line allows you to capture a soul if you kill something with a summoned weapon. Cool

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:36 am

Soul trap. I has it...but haven't used it yet.

There's obviously a ton of spells for sale in the College of Winterhold and a few from the jarl's mage at Dragonsreach.

I'm going to farm some cash tonight so I can get some better robes and a house.

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:40 am

How much does a house cost? I need a place to store some of this loot I want to hang on to!

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:45 am

There's a house for sale in Whiterun after you finish the missions for the Jarl (in Dragonsreach). It costs 5000 gold and is the cheapest residence in the game.

I am going to take advantage of a very small exploit to get me enough money. I'm tired of the ceaseless inventory management I have to do. I steal everything! Since there are no karmic repercussions, I see no reason not to. I basically looted the Archmage's entire quarters in the College of Winterhold...

Back to top Go down
mbgonzomd
mbgonzomd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:49 am

So it is OK to steal? I have not taken anything, because I try to live right.

Toad, with your video game OCD, I could see how you would get really bogged down in inventory management. LOI.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:58 am

Mule, you need to crouch, and as long as the eye is closed...you can steal without repercussions. I've stolen in shops right under a shopkeeper's nose, broken open strongboxes to take all of a shop's money, etc. It's almost too easy in this game.

If you get caught, you'll have to pay a guard and the looted items will be taken out of the inventory...or you can go to jail and break free (which is a trophy).

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:03 am

PicardPalm

Back to top Go down
Mark Sporto
NOMaster
Mark Sporto

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:50 am

Laughing

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:51 am

There's also good loot in the jails.

Back to top Go down
Trilic
Mule's Spoon Boy
Trilic

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 1:20 pm

Ok, so I have about 40 hours of gameplay so far, and I still havent really done much of the main quest line...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim   Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Page 14 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim-
Jump to: