HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
mbgonzomd
Zombie outbreak response team
mbgonzomd

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:32 pm

So I just played for about 2 hours. This game is hard. I have already lost about 20k souls.

Any hints on the Taurus guy in the burbs?

Anyone beat either of the "one hit" knights in the burbs? ( by one hit, I mean they kill me with one hit)

PSN: mule-tool
XBL: Grande MULETOOL

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:37 pm

How to beat the Ford Taurus:

Spoiler:

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 Frankthetoad
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:40 pm

For the Taurus guy (I watched a video on it from one of the gaming sites):

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:41 pm

Also, some guy here is a Thief and took the Witch Ring as a gift... that might help too. study

Back to top Go down
A
Has on robe & wizard hat
A

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:53 pm

What IS this game anyhow?? Kinda came out of nowhere and all you guys are playing it.....is it like Oblivion or something like that? 'Cause reading a page or two of this thread has left me as mystified as a World of Warcrafter at a lingerie photo shoot.

Souls, humanities, spells, potions, level 12 orcs etc. And covenants?? Do you have to maintain a certain debt/equity ratio for your in-game line of credit?? scratch

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:02 pm

It's amazing. It's a game that actually takes some patience and practice to be good at and punishes you when you die. Like games used to be. Buy it.

First thing I'm doing tonight is buying a bow with 50 arrows and getting the Drake Sword. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:05 pm

_Avarice_ wrote:
What IS this game anyhow??

Fun. Amazing how most gaming developers have gravitated away from that.

PSN - kekborg
XBL - kekborg
wii - 3936 1747 6777 5424
Mario Kart - 3781-9904-0357
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:06 pm

toadthefrank wrote:
It's amazing. It's a game that actually takes some patience and practice to be good at and punishes you when you die. Like games used to be. Buy it.

First thing I'm doing tonight is buying a bow with 50 arrows and getting the Drake Sword. Twisted Evil

It's more like a 3rd person shooter simulation wasteland combat educational sports game.

Toad, buy a few more than 50... in the comments section it seems to take some people more. Also he said to use the second to cheapest arrows... not the cheapest ones. Robe & Wizard Hat

Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:10 pm

Guess I'll be farming for some souls first....

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:13 pm

toadthefrank wrote:
Guess I'll be farming for some souls first....

Me too. The chumps up top where the dragon is are easy targets. There is a camp fire right below them. Rest at the fire, pop your head up there... hear them burn, head back to the campfire with 300 souls. Rinse and repeat. study

Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:17 pm

Gotta kill the Ford first though.

PSN - kekborg
XBL - kekborg
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:18 pm

Yep. pale

Back to top Go down
Kekborg
Club 69!
Kekborg

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:19 pm

Yep Crying or Very sad

PSN - kekborg
XBL - kekborg
Back to top Go down
beedubs
beedubs

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:28 pm

_Avarice_ wrote:
What IS this game anyhow?? Kinda came out of nowhere and all you guys are playing it.....is it like Oblivion or something like that? 'Cause reading a page or two of this thread has left me as mystified as a World of Warcrafter at a lingerie photo shoot.

Souls, humanities, spells, potions, level 12 orcs etc. And covenants?? Do you have to maintain a certain debt/equity ratio for your in-game line of credit?? scratch

*in same boat with _A_*
Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:33 pm

Beedubs wrote:
_Avarice_ wrote:

*in same boat with _A_*

You're on a boat? scratch

Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:53 pm

He's easy. If you need help:

Spoiler:

Bonerfart
Re-volution

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:43 pm

I'm going to go kill the Ford tonight. I has a bow now so things just got easier. My wanderer is a sword dodging shield piercing, back stabbing fool. Glad I picked this class.

Question, is there an easy way to travel from world to world yet? I wanna go back to the level where the ghosts are and talk to the merchant on the stairs and get me a magic wand but to battle all the way back is going to be a pain.
Back to top Go down
kkrambo
Bonerfart
kkrambo

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:06 pm

I got my collectors edition from Amazon today (after buying the standard edition at Target yesterday). WTF I asked to cancel the order last night. I'm not sure what I'll do now. Anybody else get there Amazon order?
Back to top Go down
TyrantII
Has on robe & wizard hat
TyrantII

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:15 pm

I did!

I'm just returning the game only to Target. Same exact game in wrap, so why not.

beedubs

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:41 pm

kkrambo wrote:
I got my collectors edition from Amazon today (after buying the standard edition at Target yesterday). WTF I asked to cancel the order last night. I'm not sure what I'll do now. Anybody else get there Amazon order?

I will give you 30 bucks and a bag of onions for it...
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 6:43 am

I didn't even open the Amazon box. I guess I could and see if it is the same game. I thought the cover art was different. Also, since Target gave us a $10 gift card with our purchase, are they going to want that back if we return the game?

Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:50 am

Sooo...is there any benefit to trying to take out the Asylum Demon before I get my equipment and do the diving stab, when you first see him? Just for laughs I tried and was able to take him down to 50% health with my starter toothpick. I just didn't have the patience to continuously stab him in is rhymes with paint....
Back to top Go down
frankthetoad
NOMaster
frankthetoad

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:55 am

If you beat him the first time you see him you get some kind of Demon Sledgehammer. It requires a strength of 46 to wield it properly. It will be many moons before you'd ever be able to equip it....so, I'd say no.

I'd actually restarted my character with the fire bombs so I could kill him. Worst decision of my life. I'd give my left nut to have the Master Key.

Back to top Go down
AlphaShepherd
1%'r
AlphaShepherd

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:13 am

I started mine with the black firebombs and took him out easy. I got the hammer that he uses to squish you. I also had enough black firebombs left over they helped me take out the Ford last night too. I still have 3 or so left. Cool

Back to top Go down
Rooksarii
Mule's Spoon Boy
Rooksarii

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:17 am

Started as a theif for that very reason, and since I wanted to challenge myself in this game. My main character in Demons souls was great (and due to much thanks from yalls suggestion), but the royal starter did make the early levels a bit of a breeze. With the theif in this, I can tell I am going to have to learn the fighting mechanics a lot better. The kick and jump attack are great, I just need practice consistantly triggering them.

And for the record, can we officially rename the Asylum Demon to "Tainted One" based on where you attack him from the most? I'd settle for "Taint-Ed" too....I'd die a million times over in various ghastly ways before I really ever want to have another boss fight from that perspective, with so much jiggle ,and especially for that long....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!   *OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS! - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

*OFFICIAL* DARK SOULS THREAD FOR W1NNARS!
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The NOM Clan :: Dark Souls-
Jump to: